See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 13, 2011

On arriival date 5/7/11 people appeared to breaking in a car with a cloth hanger. The elevators was very dirty with water which could cause a dangerous situation. there was a lot of traffic of people hanging out in the parking lot. Also the internet showed the room to look betteer than it appeeared to, the check in staff was not friendly at arrival. If i was traveling by myself i would have not stayed at the location becaus the environment was very unsafe and not appealing. Pools were very old and unkept.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank b1brown56
Reviewed May 4, 2011

after reading many reviews about motels in sacramento near north highlands area,I decieded to book with laquinta,and am pleased with my choice.I asked the front desk for a refreg and microrave and they brought one to my room,the front desk was a pleasure and housekeeping and staff were very nice!!The swimming pool and hot tub is a bonus.they have a washer and dryer witch is another bonus also,since I was staying a week.The only thing that needed a updating was the bathtub,but over all the room was perfect for what I needed.It is the only hotel that doesnt charge you for any pet deposits or any other pet charges....wow...you just cant beat that,anywhere!!There were some activity that police had to tend too while staying here,that didnt bother me at all,for they were not coming for me;lol.,just let me know they were doing there job!!,and this isnt a hilton so when people say anything other wise is crazy!!you pay for what you get!!and 60.00 dollars is a great rate for a refreg,micro,pool,hot tub,free coffee,and other breakfast items works for me!!I would say yes yes yes stay here easy access to freeways,I read other reviews that stated the neighborhood was not good,not true this isnt a neighborhood,I am traveling with a 2 1/2 yr old and would feel comfortable walking with her anywhere around here!!take my advice if you are looking for hilton you will pay over 100.00 a night I am on a buget and this suits me perfect!!I am over all pleased with my stay,besides over looking a few things that could be changed as nothing is ever perfect!!Oh yes I have to mention the internet service,I had read other reviews stating they couldnt get on line , was not true,no problem at all,I was conected within 60 seconds and am writing this from the my room!!

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed January 26, 2011

We always have had good experiences at La Quintas, so had no problem pulling in
after a 10 hour drive. The room had seen much better days. The carpet had black stains
all over it, which made me feel dirty, but we were way to tired to change rooms, so I put the towels over the stains (out of site out of mind). One queen bed smelled of urine, luckily
there were two beds. The room had a run down unclean look to it. Will not stay again
but will check out the other Sacramento La Quinta. Was shocked to read the
reviews about it being a seedy part of town.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank benjamin07
Reviewed November 30, 2010

We moved from Sacto 15 years ago, but we return often to visit family. So we’re very familiar with both the neighborhood and this La Quinta, which we’ve stayed at since it opened.

The neighborhood is spotty, but it’s neither high crime or ‘gehtto.’ If you’re uncomfortable with either a mixed urban or predominantly blue collar population, you should stay elsewhere. But it’s safe.

This motel has really declined since it opened. It’s a lower end La Quinta. The rooms are tired, and they seem to be cutting back wherever possible. Or it just might be poorly managed.

The outside has a fresh paint job and looks good, but that’s not where you sleep and eat. The rooms seem clean, but they have that grungy feel that comes from q quick cleaning job. If you look at the “hot tub” by the pool, their standards are pretty clear. It seems crusty and has that dirty bubbling look you see in a poorly maintained pool.

As for the room, the white blankets aren’t completely white. Throw the bedspread in the corner. HVAC is up to date and fairly quiet. Check out the sheets and bathroom before you unpack

The continental breakfast was not good compared to other motels, especially other La Quintas. Bagels were stale, there was no milk until we asked for it, and the OJ was thin and watery. The eating area is cramped; if you want to eat comfortably, take everything back to your room.

Finally, the rates are too high for what you get. Try going 8 miles east on I80 to Roseville and exit at Douglas. There are at least a couple of places there that are much better—and often cheaper.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cpagal
Reviewed November 6, 2010

Our vehicle was broken into. Gang members and prostitutes were walking the hallways. We moved a couch and a crack pipe fell out of the cusions. The hallways smelled of marijuana smoke. Cops were making arrests in the parking lot. Two prostitutes approached a coworker and the coworker declined. One hour later a male came up to us and asked us to call the cops because two women just stole his wallet. A male approached us to sell us watches. We watched people selling crack cocaine in the parking lot. We were a group of law enforcement officers staying there for training. We see things other people don't and I feel compelled to write this to warn unsuspecting guests. I would NEVER recommend place unless you are a criminal.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business