Hyatt Regency Sacramento
$76
CrownePlaza.com
$89
1,833 results
All reviewsconvention centeracross the streetvines restaurantcapitol buildinglobby barbeautiful parkself parkingcorner roomwithin walking distancevery nice hotelearly checkenjoyed my staybusiness tripdowntown areachecking ingreat roomold sacramento
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 13, 2007

We stayed at the Hyatt on a Saturday night in May. Check-in was wonderful and Adam was very helpful in telling me where everything was in the hotel. The room was nice looking and the bed was very comfy, with lots of fluffy pillows. It was right across the street from the capitol building so we were able to go walk around the capitol and through the gardens. We were there for a concert at the Cathedral and that was just 2 blocks away, very convenient. We ate lunch in the smaller restaurant there. The food was great and the patio was a very enjoyable place to eat.
The only problem we had was at night. The AC unit was very noisy and never really cooled the room, it was very warm. Also, the mini bar was just a couple feet away from the side of the bed, and it too made a lot of noise all night.
I would recommend this hotel for anyone wanting to spend a weekend in Sacramento or going to meetings at the convention center.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2007

This was an absolutely fantastic hotel experience. This was problably one of the nicest domestic hotels that I have stayed at. The room was a HUGE corner room, with sofa and chair, a very large king bed and a view that was picture perfect of the capital building. The pool and jacuzzi area is nice. The package included the breakfast buffet and it was very good and a great bargain. The location is great for anything being done in Sacramento, especially downtown. I would definetly would recommend this property. Great place.

Stayed: March 2007
Reviewed April 3, 2007

Great location. Nice room with a view overlooking the Capitol and park. Walkable to lots of places. Staff was friendly. Room was clean, large with a one cup coffee maker and mini bar. It was
a great place to walk...even at night. Take a few minutes to walk in the park across from the hotel and examine the monuments and statues. Don't forget to smell the roses in the fantastic rose garden!
Nice extra was a computer in the lobby to check in online and print boarding passes.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed March 28, 2007

I stayed at the Hyatt for two nights on a weekend while visiting Sacramento for a wedding. The property itself is located in a nice area, with Capitol Park directly across the street and a view of the Capitol building from my room. Check-in was easy.

I had requested a non-smoking room. When I arrived at the room I had originally been assigned I opened the door to smell cigarette smoke. I called down to clarify my room choice. I was immediately told that I would be moved to a more satisfactory room and asked if I would prefer to pick up my key at the front desk or have a bellman bring me my key.

The new room was nice and clean though the furnishings showed a bit of wear including dents and scratches on various pieces of furniture. Service was great throughout the stay mwith the exception that my wake up call was 15 minutes late. Parking is a bit pricy, even by downtown standards, at $17 per day for self-park.

Overall, I'd stay again, but other things equal I'd probably look to the Sheraton first.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank Paul M
HyattSacramento, Sales at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2008

Thank you for your feedback about the hotel. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the room but apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. Your comments will help us continually improve the service we offer and hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Reviewed January 4, 2007

I've stayed here with my company on business travel a few times. The last time is probably my last...

There is a nice lobby, with a few bars and two restaurants. I had an ok breakfast there years ago, but not this time. Anyway, it's a Hyatt and looks grand, but the service and rooms are just pretty marginal. My King bed wasn't very comfortable, but had enough pillows. I could control the air temperature to my liking, but my room at the end of the hall was next to the emergency exit stairs, which must be used by employees. Anytime someone was in there, you could hear it very loudly from the room w/the TV on. I had to call down for an iron and ironing board, there was none in my room. You have to pay for the in-room coffee. You get decent tolietries, though.

The hotel puts on events and conferences and is located right across from the State capitol and grounds and very conveniently located next to the City's Convention Center. There are coffee shops and that stuff near by (Starbucks, etc.), so it is a convenient location to find yourself in Sac. There are many restaurants (PF Chang's, other's, etc.) that are very good a few short blocks away. A decent walk down the central mall are other shops and restaurants, but that area is best walked in daylight.

I agree with the other posters, that the front desk staff is pretty ill trained at being professional for the service industry. However, one of the managers was pretty good at smoothing things over.

When we arrived after 4pm (AFTER check-in time) our rooms, 3 of them, were not ready. "Ok, your room isn't ready, but for and extra $50 i can upgrade you to a better room". when i asked why, i got a not-so-audible, no smile, no apology, no anything, just "we had many late check outs today after a full night last night".

so, hyatt, how is that the NEXT guest 's problem who is checking in? especially since you probably charged that previous guest xtra money! then give me the next room that's available from the xtra money you should have charged them!

so, the room i paid for isn't ready, but if i pay more, they'll give me an upgraded room (it was only a corner room, that's IT!) b/c they let many guests do late check-outs!?! I was floored! I've never heard of such a thing...i demanded to speak to the manager and he put me in a room on a corner w/o charging the xtra rate -- but i was already paying over $300 for ONE night. anyway, it's not a $300/night hotel. the rooms themselves are not that bad, but just a bit worn.

there were other issues with the rooms that my co-workers all had, too. we were all feeling disapointed with the lack of attention to detail here.

after sitting in the bar at 7, our other co worker showed up to find HIS room wasn't available yet...the manager came by and talked to us and we told him all our experiences. he bought us all a round of beers and got my other co-worker his room...but why should you have to complain to get good service and a free beer to smooth things over at a supposedly high-end hotel with a name like HYATT?

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled on business
3  Thank FlipperGirl

Thank you for your feedback about the hotel. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your comments as we strive to continually provide superior customer service. The issues you encountered were unusual and have been looked into. We certainly hope that you consider staying with Hyatt again so we may exceed your expectations.