“Adequate, with some caveats”

Hyatt Regency Sacramento
Ranked #4 of 83 Hotels in Sacramento
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 4, 2014

The hotel is directly across the street from the California State Capitol and park (an excellent place to wander around). The lobby is very clean, as was the room. The bathroom is large, but the lighting over the sink left a lot to be desired.

We had a corner Executive room, and it was huge, with a small refrigerator. The "Capitol View" consisted of trees and, if you really look carefully, the dome of the State Capitol; in other words, don't pay extra for this "view". Unfortunately the pipes rattle every time somebody uses the sink or shower, so that, combined with street noise until well after 2 am, made sleep a bit difficult. Finally, unless you walk a few blocks there is absolutely nothing to do or see in the area, and even when you walk the few blocks all that you find are restaurants. You have to venture to Old Sacramento for any sort of life.

Since this is the best hotel in Sacramento, if you can deal with these issues it would be O.K. to stay at.

Room Tip: The Executive Room was a very nice size.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Megahn S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

Thank you for posting your review!! L Street can be quite popular on the weekends, please don't hesitate to let our Front Desk team know if you would like to stay in one of our City View rooms that faces out towards K Street!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,804)

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Fantastic hotel for a mini vacation and quick weekend in Sacramento.

This is a great location, situated steps away from the Capitol. The hotel offers bike rentals, and Sacramento is a great biking city, as it is flat, and on the weekends, completely car-free. A bike ride makes the city easily accessible and the hotel is only 15 minutes away from Old Town Sacramento.

The rooms are clean, and up to the standard of Hyatt. If you notice a conference going on (especially a high school one) ask the front desk to try to place you on a room away from their main floors.

Amenities on the property include an outdoor pool with a nice patio, Starbucks, hotel bar, standard breakfast restaurant.

The only downfall on why this place gets 3 stars is merely that the Regency Club is closed on the weekends, because "they don't get enough business."

All in all, great location and walking distance to fantastic restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NatalieAnnGarcia
Megahn S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Glad to hear you had a great weekend! The bikes are a new addition to the hotel and this is the perfect time of year to get our and explore Sacramento, thank you for the great feedback!

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Right across from the State Capitol and the Convention center. Modern lobby and updated rooms. The service and staff were impeccable. Everyone was very friendly and accommodating.

We were there for a Key Club Convention with about 3,000 students. Registration was so efficient there was hardly ever a line when checking in.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Megahn S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Thank you for your fantastic review! We enjoyed being a host hotel for your event and look forward to having you back in the future!

Reviewed April 7, 2014

This was my first ever trip to Sacramento and I stayed at this hotel, the official hotel of our conference. I stayed in room 625 which was a two-bed non-smoking room. View overlooked downtown Sacramento and I had a view of the top part of the Cathederal of the Blessed Sacrament. Staff is incredible across the board. Room had large 42" TV, only beef was no AMC so I couldn't watch the Walking Dead. LOL. My room did not have a refrigerator or microwave = some did - but it had a sensor-motion mini bar. I got thirsty in the middle of the first night and went looking for a GingerAle. Green can, right? Ended up with a Sierra Nevada Ale...found that out after I sipped it and hotel backed the charge out. Coffee machine, glasses, ice bucket were hard to find in the room - all the way over on the side of the desk underneath. Food at the restaurant was very good. I ate at the breakfast buffet the first morning - great variety and beautifully presented - other food was part of the conference - all excellent . Loved the huevos rancheros. I ate several times on the patio that sits outside the bar that is inside the hotel - I forget the name. Definitely try the complimentary almonds. Yum! The patio has three fireplaces and nice casual furnishings. I had a burger, a turkey BLT and a chicken salad sandwich there. Fries are good but the sweet potato fries are just wonderful.

Room had two charging stations for devices. That was really nice.Nice supply of towels, water pressure good, granite surfaces, etc. I used the hairdryer, iron and ironing board. I could hear the trolley bells during the night and early morning but that did not bother me.

Fastest elevators on the planet!

As far as a conference facility goes, they have a huge variety of options and different ways to configure breakout rooms, meal service. Staff knows what they are doing. I gather the hotel recently remodeled and it shows. All very tasteful contemporary decor.

When I got home,I lost a needed receipt and hotel staff had me a copy within minutes via email. Very impressed.

The hotel is located directly across from the State Capitol and I got a day trip over there and the beautiful park with many different trees and flowers. Our group dined out two nights. But I was satisfied to eat at the hotel.

I did not use room service.

Downside. The Internet was sporadic and a little confusing. A different account for the meeting rooms than the sleeping rooms. Lobby has free Internet.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask for a room away from the Trolley.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Lucinda302
Megahn S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

We really appreciate you taking a few minutes to share your review! We do have a few upgraded rooms that include refrigerators (Executive King and Suites), but we also have refrigerators available upon request. Should you need one on a return visit please don't hesitate to let a representative at the Front Desk know. Thank you again for your wonderful feedback, we look forward to having you back as our guest!

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Great location, beautiful hotels, nice pool with patio that has multiple fireplaces for those chilly nights. I could smell all the lovely spring flowers in the air. It is within walking distance of many restaurants and bars. But be careful wandering at night, as some streets can be a bit desolate after dark, with a few "unsavory" characters scattered about. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with views facing the pool & park. I was on the 9th floor.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank KStarrr

And we would love to have you stay again! Thank you for sharing your feedback!

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Many neighborhood restaurants and the ones we ate at were very good. Nice room but some obvious dust which was cleaned up when we asked. Pool was closed for one day of our stay but then reopened. We enjoyed using the hot tub and pool and met friendly guests at the spa.
Our conference food was terrible but I'm not sure if our organization just chose the cheapest options. No coffee and water on one day until the break had everyone scrambling to a crowded starbucks. Conference "brunch" was eggs and sausage, and muffin with no other options.
The people at the hotel reception desk were friendly and accomodating. There is a cute little gift shop with momentos of Sac. and other things i would actually want to buy.
The bar on the first floor had an outside seating area with a gas fireplace and comfortable and uncrowded seating. it was a nice place to hang out in the evening.

Room Tip: We were in Room 922. it had a beautiful view of the State Capitol which is lit up at night on the...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel and the newly renovated gift shop! Thank you for posting your comments!

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Awful experience!!!! Paid for 2 rooms about 3-4 months ago only to show up and be told they only had 1 and could move the rest of the party to a Hilton 10 minutes away. Hotel is sold out!!! But they still managed to take my credit Info for incidentals, Hyatt, you are the one that owes me!!! Supposedly someone called to double check to verify 2 rooms were needed, excuse me they were already paid for!!! When we asked for a rollaway to accommodate the 3rd person we are told its a fire hazard. Very frustrated and disappointed with this experience!!!!!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Megahn S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

I am truly sorry for your experience during your most recent stay. While not common, we occasionally find ourselves in a situation where due to unforeseen circumstances we are unable to accommodate a reservation. I hope you were able to enjoy the upgrade to the Capitol View more and amenity sent to you by the Hotel. I have followed up with the Front Desk and any charge or prepayment for the 2nd room should have been refunded to you that evening. If this is not the case please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be more than happy to assist in any way I can ( megahn.stewart@hyatt.com ). Again, I am truly sorry for this experience and I hope when traveling to Sacramento you will consider giving us a second chance!