“Great Stay”

Hyatt Regency Sacramento
Ranked #4 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Rooms are great. Location is excellent. The only strange part is the fitness center takes a walk out to the parking area and then downstairs. Service was great and this is a great place for a meeting.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Megahn S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2014

Thank you for the great review! The Fitness Center is an amenity that the was added to the hotel after the original structure was completed, but by utilizing this additional space we were able to incorporate more equipment, a spa treatment room, and locker room with shower facilities for our guests. We are looking forward to an expansion of this facility and even more improvements in the near future!!

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Sacramento

Reviewed February 18, 2014

One of the best stays I have had, room was very clean & comfortable. I was able to totally relax. Room service was very fast, good & the food was hot. The staff from the front desk to the wait staff were all helpful, friendly & professional.

Room Tip: Room on the Sutter Fort view side was very nice, I was on the 8th floor so it was very quiet over l...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback! I will be sure to pass your positive comments on to the rest of our team!!

Reviewed February 17, 2014

We've stayed at Hyatt's and this property is showing its age. Great location and apparently best hotel in downtown Sacramento but it could use a remodel. Right across the street from the Capitol so more of a working hotel than luxury property. Nothing bad but not what we expected from a Hyatt Regency. One complaint - drinks are very expensive. Probably from politicians on expense accounts not spending their own money. Prices on par with Manhattan.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Stayed at the Hyatt Sacramento for a business conference. Over 200 of us. This is the second time I stayed at this hotel. The staff is terrific. Due to the number of our company attendees though, I was only able to get a two double bed room. Completely fine with me. There was a small balcony (when I mean small though, it's just enough to stand on). So the door does open to allow outside air in. The room was super spacious and absolutely spotless. No usable fridge. It's one of those pay for item type things.

The lobby and the lobby bar Amourath is absolutely fabulous. About eight of us got in late on Sunday night from Hawaii (Hawaiian Air). We were all hungry and decided to eat at the bar. This was just as the bar was closing (11:30p). The staff were very nice and stayed open late for us. Our server's name was Raquel I believe. At least that's the name on my receipt. She was terrific. I'm sure she would have preferred to go home at that late hour. Excellent service and always with a smile.

Personally, Sacramento is not an ideal travel destination for me. This was work related. If you are staying there however, the Hyatt is a great place to be.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

My recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Sacramento was wonderful. Outstanding service from the Bell Staff at arrival to the front desk check-in to the lobby bar...and very clean. The proximity to the Convention Center and many restaurants worked out well. I will definitely stay there next time I'm in town.

Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a convention. A very convenient location. We were able to walk to several restaurants and right out the back to the convention center. The Staff was great and very hospitable. The room I stayed in was very large although the bathroom was rather small. It was clean but I could see they needed a few touch ups. The lobby is beautiful. I would definitely stay again.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Megahn S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Thank you for posting your feedback! I'm glad you enjoyed the convenience of our location and close proximity to the convention center. We look forward to having you back as our guest!

Reviewed February 4, 2014

I have stayed with my husband at this location several times for business. This is my first review of this property. First the location and proximity to the Capitol is perfect. It is located right across the street from the Capitol. I think half of the rooms have great views which is a plus. The front exterior and the lobby area are nice. The bar area downstairs is roomy and pleasant, though often crowded with conference attendees. We have stayed in several different rooms, they are standard Hyatt business rooms and are decorated nicely. There are plenty of outlet/plugs, a nice sized flat screen tv, and the bedding is good.

However, I noticed during this stay as well as my last stay, that the bathrooms are starting to be lacking. We stay often in Hyatt’s for business and pleasure (We are diamond members). As such, I appreciate and grown accustomed to the Hyatt standards and the level at which they maintain their hotels. So, it is surprising when we are checked into a room that the bathroom tub is rimmed with discolored caulking (mildew?) and the bathtub faucet is in bad need of being re-caulked as well. My other pet peeve is cleanliness. The room we received was not to standard. The bathtub had some hairs in it (yuck) and I found a beer bottle behind the curtain when we opened it last night. Usually, in these situations we will call down and ask for another room or complain (which we rarely do – it isn’t usually a problem). But, we have been traveling quite extensively lately and honestly were both too tired to bother and just decided to look the other way. But it did bother us and we are hopeful that the management will read this review and look into remedying this problem.

I do want to be fair and add a few very positive comments and why we will continue to return. The Regency Club is to be complimented. The food selections (continental breakfast and appetizers) are quite nice. John (who regularly works in the Regency Club) is a huge asset to this hotel. He not only always remembers my husband and my names, but he remembers our likes as well. He always attends to each customer with very personalized care. He deserves a special recognition from the Management as I always notice that everyone he assists notices his special attentiveness and willingness to be helpful. The Continental breakfast is especially good and one of the best in the Hyatt chain. I wish the Management would consider keeping the Regency Club open on the weekends, as we would be more apt to stay a couple extra days after our meetings if this amenity was available.

The Gym is well appointed and is very clean. However, I do feel it is quite inconvenient for the customer to have to walk through the convention hall floors to the garage, go down a flight of stairs, exit the building and walk down to the next building, only to realize that you need to use your card to enter. It all seems unusual, but I am sure other customers would agree that it is weirdly situated. I found myself embarrassed when returning from a workout that I needed to snake my way through well-dressed conference attendees in my work out clothes.

The downstairs café is nice and the food is quite good. I enjoy the views of the Capitol while eating there as well.

This is a perfectly located property and could be a great hotel if attention is given to updating and maintaining a little better housekeeping and bathroom maintenance.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Capitol
3  Thank Always5Star

Thank you so much for you candid feedback! I am very sorry to hear about the cleanliness of your room. If you would be comfortable contacting me directly I would love to gather a little more information so I can follow up with our Housekeeping team!! megahn.stewart@hyatt.com