“Great stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
GreenLeadersGold level
“Great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a convention. A very convenient location. We were able to walk to several restaurants and right out the back to the convention center. The Staff was great and very hospitable. The room I stayed in was very large although the bathroom was rather small. It was clean but I could see they needed a few touch ups. The lobby is beautiful. I would definitely stay again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Megahn S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Thank you for posting your feedback! I'm glad you enjoyed the convenience of our location and close proximity to the convention center. We look forward to having you back as our guest!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Temecula, California, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

I have stayed with my husband at this location several times for business. This is my first review of this property. First the location and proximity to the Capitol is perfect. It is located right across the street from the Capitol. I think half of the rooms have great views which is a plus. The front exterior and the lobby area are nice. The bar area downstairs is roomy and pleasant, though often crowded with conference attendees. We have stayed in several different rooms, they are standard Hyatt business rooms and are decorated nicely. There are plenty of outlet/plugs, a nice sized flat screen tv, and the bedding is good.

However, I noticed during this stay as well as my last stay, that the bathrooms are starting to be lacking. We stay often in Hyatt’s for business and pleasure (We are diamond members). As such, I appreciate and grown accustomed to the Hyatt standards and the level at which they maintain their hotels. So, it is surprising when we are checked into a room that the bathroom tub is rimmed with discolored caulking (mildew?) and the bathtub faucet is in bad need of being re-caulked as well. My other pet peeve is cleanliness. The room we received was not to standard. The bathtub had some hairs in it (yuck) and I found a beer bottle behind the curtain when we opened it last night. Usually, in these situations we will call down and ask for another room or complain (which we rarely do – it isn’t usually a problem). But, we have been traveling quite extensively lately and honestly were both too tired to bother and just decided to look the other way. But it did bother us and we are hopeful that the management will read this review and look into remedying this problem.

I do want to be fair and add a few very positive comments and why we will continue to return. The Regency Club is to be complimented. The food selections (continental breakfast and appetizers) are quite nice. John (who regularly works in the Regency Club) is a huge asset to this hotel. He not only always remembers my husband and my names, but he remembers our likes as well. He always attends to each customer with very personalized care. He deserves a special recognition from the Management as I always notice that everyone he assists notices his special attentiveness and willingness to be helpful. The Continental breakfast is especially good and one of the best in the Hyatt chain. I wish the Management would consider keeping the Regency Club open on the weekends, as we would be more apt to stay a couple extra days after our meetings if this amenity was available.

The Gym is well appointed and is very clean. However, I do feel it is quite inconvenient for the customer to have to walk through the convention hall floors to the garage, go down a flight of stairs, exit the building and walk down to the next building, only to realize that you need to use your card to enter. It all seems unusual, but I am sure other customers would agree that it is weirdly situated. I found myself embarrassed when returning from a workout that I needed to snake my way through well-dressed conference attendees in my work out clothes.

The downstairs café is nice and the food is quite good. I enjoy the views of the Capitol while eating there as well.

This is a perfectly located property and could be a great hotel if attention is given to updating and maintaining a little better housekeeping and bathroom maintenance.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Capitol
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Always5Star
Thank you so much for you candid feedback! I am very sorry to hear about the cleanliness of your room. If you would be comfortable contacting me directly I would love to gather a little more information so I can follow up with our Housekeeping team!! megahn.stewart@hyatt.com
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

For the 3rd year in a row we have had an excellent stay. We come down to the PBR event and stay at this hotel. Service was excellent, room was excellent and the price was below what you would expect. Great Job staff!!! See ya next year

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
We look forward to seeing you next year as well! Thank you for posting your review!
Honolulu
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Located convenient to everything downtown and the convention center, with easy access on/off the freeway. Stayed with extended family in a Capitol Suite & adjoining room. The staff was attentive and helpful. Plenty of on-site parking, but did not discover until the last day that parking on the roof got us closer to the parking elevator. The rooms were nice and clean, but the carpet throughout was worn. The large flat-screen TVs were nice, but we were unable to hook-up our computer or DVD player for the kids. Never understood why there is a charge for Internet in the rooms at upscale hotels, but not the lower-priced ones. Bought a Verizon pre-paid mobile hotspot for less than the cost of the in-room paid Internet. The batroom was huge and very nice. For convenience we had room service breakfast & dinner for the kids, but some of it was too exotic for them, i.e., the sun(flower) butter & jelly sandwiches had a little too much bite for them. Breakfast at the Vines Cafe was very good. Would stay here again if traveling as a couple, but not with kids.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Berkeley, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

The noise come from the atrium on the first floor, couldn't sleep until 2am.
Bathroom smelled moldy even though it looks like the top part was recently done.
The location is great.
I guess you can avoid this problems if you ask for higher rooms in the back of the property.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Quiet, clean, comfortable, spacious room. Right across from the convention center. Everyone helpful. Easy to catch a cab . Food pretty good in the restaurant. Check in very efficient. Great to dash back to my room during the convention.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Joan G
Megahn S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Thanks for the great review! Our location is ideal for events at the Convention Center, and I'm glad to hear you had the opportunity to stop in to one of our restaurants! Hopefully we'll see you back in Sacramento soon!
Houston, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

We stayed 2 nights in January. We had a capital facing room on the 8th floor. Check-in was easy, room was clean, be warned they charge $$ for everything. Super 8 has free internet, what gives. We requested a king, got 2 double beds, that didn't start things of well. A/c worked on and off, both nights it turned off by itself and we woke up hot. Not a recipe for a good nights sleep. Breakfast buffet looked good but not worth $21, steak and eggs was good and $17!

Overall we had a couple events that the hotel catered and the food was excellent. Room was clean, but expensive and they nickel and dime you for everything, oh and the staff were always nice. That would be my summary.

Room Tip: Facing Capitol is nice
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank SF3-Hou
Megahn S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Thank you for your review! I was very happy to see your high scores for the cleanliness of our rooms and our level of Customer Service. In regards to the charge for internet, we do offer complimentary wifi in the lobby and throughout our Amourath Lounge, as well as various packages that include internet.