We stayed here during the Sacramento Jazz Festival on Memorial Day weekend 2013.
1. Large entranceway to temporarily park your car while checking in.
2. In and out parking privileges: use the room key to validate when entering and leaving the car in the garage.
3. Very nice almost elegant lobby area with several large rooms for meetings, music gatherings during the Sacramento Jazz festival.
4. Shuttle bus between the Sacramento Jazz festival venues stops right in front of the hotel.
5. Big spacious, almost elegant room with desk, 44" flatscreen HD ble TV, large desk, sitting area with ample lighting.
6. Relatively quiet with effective brakes on the door closing, and a good distance between bed and hallway door.
7. Immaculately clean room with no hairs in the bathtub or linen
8. Big comfortable bed with ample reading lamps, and both sheer and blackout curtains.
9. Our room 650 had a micro balcony with a sliding door that opened all the way -always ask for a room with a balcony, as otherwise you may get stuck with a window that only opens 6 inches at an angle.
10. Room 650 had a nice view of the large park next to the state capitol -a good place for a morning run with no street stops. Always ask for a view of the park or state capitol, instead of the back parking lot with old buildings.
11. Hotel grounds extravangantly decorated with shaped bushes.
12. Centrally located to old downtown and the Capitol mall.
13. 2 blocks walking distance to store on J street with $1 sodas
14. walking distance to Frank Fats and Ma Jong, my favorite chinese restaurants in the Sacramento Area.
15. easy walking distance to the Convention center.
16. Good size pool when the kids aren't taking over the place.
17. Ample lounge chairs next to the pool with refreshments served
18. Free wifi in the business center on ground floor.
19. Courteous and helpful staff with smiles and cheerful dispositions welcoming all guests during all facets of the visit.
20. Hot but pricey breakfast available in the hotel.
21. Great value. $127 for Memorial day weekend 2014 Sacramento Jazz Festival, compared to the $200+ for the Holiday Inn fixer upper by old downtown.
22. I believe they had an all you can eat pasta dinner with salad downstairs for around $15 in the breakfast room.
1. $17 per day self park in tiny spaces -our Prius barely fit in the very narrow compact parking spots. This seems to be the norm in downtown Sacramento.
2. $25 per day valet park- mandatory if all the self park spots taken.
3. To reach the parking lot, you may have to take one elevator down to the 2nd floor, walk around the building, and take a second elevator to your parking lot floor
4. No usable refrigerator nor microwave oven -at the price of this hotel, they figure you don't need a refrigerator nor microwave.
5. Mini bar in refrigerator with exorbitant prices.
6. $4 for 12 oz soda from the refrigerator
7. $3 for a 20 oz soda in the hotel concessionaire on the ground floor
8. $10 for in room wifi, $15 for high speed wifi.
9. The 4 Elevators can be slow during busy mornings, requiring lengthy times to wait and reach your rooms or the lobby
10. To reach the parking lot, you may have to take one elevator down to the 2nd floor, walk around the building, and take a second elevator to your parking lot floor
11. To reach the fitness room and gym you have to leave the building and walk around the corner of the block.
12. Noisy A/C
13. Noise from neighbors talking through the connecting door at midnight: they stopped after I pounded on the wall -always ask for a room without a connecting door, although that may not be possible.
14. Meals including breakfast very pricey downstairs. There are a multitude of restaurants nearby for breakfast, lunch, or dinner with much more reasonable prices.
I will use this as a guide to my stay here again for the 2014 Sacramento Jazz Festival.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A premier hotel beckons with world-class amenities located adjacent to the convention center and the State Capitol. This mediterranean-style hotel is an ideal setting for meetings and receptions. Fresh from a $15M renovations, the hotel sets the standard for business excellence with 503 elegant rooms, including 17 suites, Hyatt Business Plant and exclusive Regency Club accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Otel, Travelocity, Odigeo, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Hyatt Regency Sacramento reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Sacramento Hotel Sacramento
- Sacramento Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Sacramento