“Sacramento's best”

Hyatt Regency Sacramento
Ranked #4 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I have tried most of Sacramento's highest rated hotels and have concluded that it is hard to beat the Hyatt Regency. It is consistently "user friendly" and it has the best staff of any hotel anywhere. You always get the feeling they are happy to have you as a guest. The rooms are spacious and immaculate. Location is ideal. Rates are reasonable.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Megahn S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

We're definitely hard to beat, and we LOVE to have you as our guest! Thank you so much for the positive review!!

Reviewed November 30, 2013

We stayed at the Hyatt for two nights and really enjoyed the experience. We had an ADA room on a high floor and found it very very quiet. The location is amazing, right across the street from the Capitol and the park and near the downtown restaurant area. The restaurants in the hotel are quite good, though, so no need to go off property if you don't want to. Convenient to have a Starbucks in the hotel as well.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Jim K

Thank you for your fantastic review! I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience!

Reviewed November 29, 2013

My family stayed 3 nights at the Hyatt. I'm posting the review so that people can find a great fit for them because there are issues.
Pros: the staff is very warm and friendly. The hotel is walking distance to the convention center and capital building as well as other things. Hotel dinning in very tasty
Cons: Noise!!! Seriously.. bring ear plugs or you won't sleep..I didn't. Example: Leaf blower going at 6am daily below my room!!! called front desk and was told there was nothing to be done. Example: dog barking at all different hours 11pm 4am call front desk was told I must tell them exactly what room number the barking was from. Odd since they have rooms assigned for guests with dogs so the would know the dog room was next to mine. Example: drunk guys above us partying til 4am this time I didn't bother calling the front desk...what would be the point?
On each room door is a sign say "Quiet Enjoyment" from 9pm to 6am that they request guests observe this. It was obviously falsely reassuring.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kidzrn1

Thank you for taking a few moments to share your comments about your recent stay. I was very disappointed to hear about the noise disruptions you experienced. I have followed up with the company operating the leaf blower at early hours and reminded them of the city ordinance preventing them from operating such equipment before 8am. We also have Security on property 24hours a day, so please do contact the Front Desk if you experience noise from another room and we will gladly send Security to contact the guests causing the disturbance. Again, I am very sorry for the inconveniences you experienced and I hope you will view these as isolated incidents when making arrangements for future accommodations in Sacramento!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

I was speaking at a university, who put me up at the Hyatt. Located directly across from the state capitol, this is a sleek and well-appointed hotel.

The lobby has a long bar, with the right combination of privacy and buzz and a well-chosen wine list. The front desk has that international look, fitting for the capital of the seventh largest economy in the world.

Rooms have all the latest conveniences, with flatscreen television, a comfortable chaise lounge for reading (with a reading light, something many hotel designers forget), lots of outlets for the electronics well all burden ourselves with, and a very comfortable bed. Ask for one overlooking the state capital and its dome. I found that free wifi worked in my room.

I thought the buffet breakfast in the lobby lounge looked a bit spare for what they were asking, but there's a Starbucks just outside the hotel's front entrance where you can have caffeine and the chain's regular breakfast. Hotel wifi works there, too.

The front desk and bellhop staff could not have been more helpful, and were knowledgeable about the hotel, the neighborhood and the city.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view, above tree level.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank boybanker
Megahn S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2013

I'm thrilled to hear you enjoyed your accommodations during your stay in Sacramento! I will definitely share your kind words with our Front Desk and Guest Services team. Thank you for posting your review!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

The room is nice, typical Hyatt. Beds are comfortable. This time I had quiet room at the end of the hall, probably upgraded because I am a Hyatt Gold Passport member. This is free and worthwhile. Did not receive my morning paper but minor problem. Breakfast is good but very overpriced. We had a working lunch at our meeting which was salad and several hot dishes which were flavorful. We have many vegetarians in our group and they can handle that type of service. Dawson's is of variable food consistency.The restaurant behind the Hyatt-Esquire Grill has had consistently good food. I would recommend it for dinner.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front have park views but also may have some light/ noise from the driveway. Rooms in t...
1  Thank skiqueen500

Thank you for your kind words and for being a member of our loyalty program, Gold Passport! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and your meeting went smoothly. I will definitely share your feeback with our Banquet and Catering teams!

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I stayed here for a conference, so my experience is not for the average tourist. The location is great - I had a huge window that overlooked Capitol Park. The leaves were changing, and those, coupled with the palm trees, made for a nice view. The room was big, well-appointed and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and took extra time to go through any questions I had (like helping me figure out transportation choices). The food was very good and they try to use local and organic ingredients as much as possible. The meeting rooms were nice and comfortable. A good experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of Capitol Park
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your fantastic review! I'm so glad you had the opportunity to visit while the Capitol Park transitioned in to Fall, it really is a lovely view!

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Recently enjoyed two nights at the Hyatt Regency in Sacramento. The service was outstanding. Very convenient to everything downtown. The rooms are very comfortable and great to do work in.
Ask for a higher floor with an odd number room, this will give you the views of the church.

Room Tip: Ask for an odd room number on higher floor, overlooking church. Beautiful views
1  Thank Perseverance

Thank you so much for sharing your stay! I'm so glad you enjoyed your view of the church and get a little work done. We look forward to having you back as our guest!