“Comfortable beds,Good Food but expensive”

Hyatt Regency Sacramento
Ranked #4 of 83 Hotels in Sacramento
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 24, 2013

The room is nice, typical Hyatt. Beds are comfortable. This time I had quiet room at the end of the hall, probably upgraded because I am a Hyatt Gold Passport member. This is free and worthwhile. Did not receive my morning paper but minor problem. Breakfast is good but very overpriced. We had a working lunch at our meeting which was salad and several hot dishes which were flavorful. We have many vegetarians in our group and they can handle that type of service. Dawson's is of variable food consistency.The restaurant behind the Hyatt-Esquire Grill has had consistently good food. I would recommend it for dinner.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front have park views but also may have some light/ noise from the driveway. Rooms in t...
1  Thank skiqueen500
Megahn S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2013

Thank you for your kind words and for being a member of our loyalty program, Gold Passport! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and your meeting went smoothly. I will definitely share your feeback with our Banquet and Catering teams!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,804)

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I stayed here for a conference, so my experience is not for the average tourist. The location is great - I had a huge window that overlooked Capitol Park. The leaves were changing, and those, coupled with the palm trees, made for a nice view. The room was big, well-appointed and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and took extra time to go through any questions I had (like helping me figure out transportation choices). The food was very good and they try to use local and organic ingredients as much as possible. The meeting rooms were nice and comfortable. A good experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of Capitol Park
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your fantastic review! I'm so glad you had the opportunity to visit while the Capitol Park transitioned in to Fall, it really is a lovely view!

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Recently enjoyed two nights at the Hyatt Regency in Sacramento. The service was outstanding. Very convenient to everything downtown. The rooms are very comfortable and great to do work in.
Ask for a higher floor with an odd number room, this will give you the views of the church.

Room Tip: Ask for an odd room number on higher floor, overlooking church. Beautiful views
1  Thank Perseverance

Thank you so much for sharing your stay! I'm so glad you enjoyed your view of the church and get a little work done. We look forward to having you back as our guest!

Reviewed November 13, 2013

This hotel will nickel and dime you to death. All the extra charges are unreasonable and unnecessary. The restaurants in the hotel are obviously trying appeal to the Sacramento community and not the patrons of the hotel. The internet access is mediocre at best which is unacceptable when paying $15.00 dollars a day. The parking will cost you $17.00 a day to park your own car. There's a waiting list to have a refrigerator in you room, the air conditioning within the room is very loud and clunky and the street noise is unbearable. You can actually hear conversations that are happening outside the hotel on the street when your window is closed. I will never come back to this hotel or any Hyatt Regency and most importantly I will recommend to my Associates, Family, and Friends to stay clear of this place.

1  Thank K R
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

This is a well run hotel, with an incredibly well trained staff. Little touches like the desk clerk coming around the desk to hand you your key make all the difference in the world.

The breakfast buffet is wonderful, and the early morning service staff was excellent.

The food all around is great, and Dawson's is spectacular.

I agree with other reviewers that the guest rooms are noisy. You can hear what is going on in the next room pretty clearly.

Bedding and linens are very nice.

Enjoyed my stay very much.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Megahn S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

Thank you for posting your review! Hopefully we will see you again soon!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Stayed one night at the Hyatt Regency in August for a business meeting. Enjoyed my stay. Staff was professional and friendly during both check-in and checking-out. The room was spacious and very comfortable. Located very close to the capitol building and within walking distance of several restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your feedback, we're so glad you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Stayed overnight while in Sacramento on business. There was a function of some sort late into the night. Translation: Music and noise till at least 1 am ... including a very strong bass. I called the front desk, asked for some help, was told they would take care of it. No such luck. When the event ended, the crew then shouted among themselves loudly (maybe drunkenly?) the entire time they were loading the equipment into their truck. If the front desk or security approached them about the noise, it wasn't apparent. Certainly they did not monitor the situation to insure the noise would subside, and they didn't offer to move me to a room away from the noise.

The next morning, as I was checking out, I brought up the problem. The desk agent said, "Sorry to hear that." No explanation, no attempt to compensate or extend any courtesy whatsoever. When I suggested I would contact Hyatt Corporation, this person said, "You should do that."

I wasn't expecting my room to be comped or extravagant apologies. I did expect the desk crew to understand the importance of getting a good night's sleep and take my complaint seriously. Based upon the cavalier dismissal of my concern about being able to sleep (which is the point of staying at a hotel, last time I checked), I can't recommend this particular hotel.

1  Thank LASTrafzer
Megahn S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback and providing us with the opportunity address this matter with our associates. I am truly sorry this situation was not handled properly while you were at the hotel, but should your travels bring you back to Sacramento I hope you will consider staying with us again!