Hyatt Regency Sacramento
$198
$186
$89
1,833 results
All reviewsconvention centeracross the streetvines restaurantcapitol buildinglobby barbeautiful parkself parkingcorner roomwithin walking distancevery nice hotelearly checkenjoyed my staybusiness tripdowntown areachecking ingreat roomold sacramento
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Was there for 1 night on business - it was decent enough place. Central to where I needed to be. Clean room. Bathroom was a bit tired and the showers did not work - had to call in maintenance. Food was ok - expensive room service. Nothing more to really add as it was a quick in and out trip. Would probably go back there if on a business trip - was keen to try out their swimming pool but due to traffic from San Fran I got delayed and just crashed as I got to the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Megahn S, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments. I'm sorry you didn't get a chance to try out our pool. We look forward to having you back again in hopes that you can try it out on your next visit.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

I was disappointed with the Hyatt in Sacramento on two levels. I've stayed here before and have found the hotel a typical Hyatt - very nice. However when I was asked to train in Sacramento again and the training was offered at the Hyatt, I learned that they expected me the previous day and when I didn't register they gave away my room. I can understand the tendency to want to sell the unused rooms and the confusion on what day I was going to initially check-in is understandable (maybe even my fault!). However they did not check with the contact staff for the trainers for this program before they cancelled the subsequent nights of my stay. The contact staff on-site were as surprised as I was when we learned of the confusion. Secondly they were rude about it. I was advised that I was a "no-show" (as in "you are a no-show"!) I felt like I needed to take a shower or something. When the manager was summoned (I didn't ask for a manager - I understand if there aren't any rooms available) he also advised me that i was a "no-show" (which explained why the desk clerk had an edge; she learned it from her manager).
So, I was advised to go elsewhere. Look for my very favorable review of The Citizen Hotel. :-)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Megahn S, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I would like to apologize that we were unable to accomodate your reservation due some confusion regarding your arrival date. When a reservation does not check into our system, there is unfortunately not a time allotment that allows for us to call each guest and confirm whether or not the room is needed. Rather, the subsequent room nights automatically return to our inventory. I can understand how this would be frustrating though and am very sorry for the negative impact this had on your trip to Sacramento. I am more disappointed; however, that you found our staff's attitude to be anything less than kind and empathetic. This is certainly not the lasting impression that we would like you to have of our hotel. I truly hope that should your travel plans bring you back, you'll consider coming back to see us again.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Here it is trip advisees...

This Hotel is absolutely fantastic. It is directly across the street from Capitol Park which boasts one of every tree (in the state) known to the state of California.

It is also a great hotel. Clean (very clean), spacious rooms with a window that opens and for any of you who spend as much time as I do in hotels, you know how important this is and I'm not even a smoker. I just like fresh air.

Lets get to the thing I like even more than that and being staffed really well...
THE POOL! with lots of sunshine, Sacramento can get rather hot (91/33 today) and there is nothing better than a pool to cool off.
Even though Sacramento is home to both the Sacramento and American Rivers, it's nice to order a drink and relax poolside.

Eat Mexican at Tres Hermanas, Fat City, The Virgin Sturgeon for riverside dining and local color or just about anywhere downtown. The city has had many makeovers but the current state is fantastic.

Close to shopping, biking along the american river. rent a car and drive to the delta, rich with Chinese/American history and beauty along the waterways. Take a day and float down the American River from Sunrise Blvd (River Rat Raft Rentals or any of the many others up there) to Watt Ave... It's relaxing and refreshing as well as just plain stunning. Go fishing just 10 blocks from this hotel or walk into anyone of its bars which there is 1 bar for every 100 people in this town.

It also has parking for 3 45ft/15 meter) busses (arrange in advance) and for those of you who follow my posts, will know how important this is!

Enjoy and thank you Hyatt!

Room Tip: Face the pool if you can!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Megahn S, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a great review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of our hotel's amenities. Should your travel plans bring you back to Sacramento, we'll look foward to having you back as our guest.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Stayed there for a conference. Very nice room, large, comfortable bed. Pool and bar were excellent. Meeting rooms were very nice, meals and snacks were great. The gym is odd; you have to go outside the hotel, around the block, and past the dental office! They should put the gym inside the hotel itself. The only thing is that the meeting rooms were really cold; that was very welcome after a hot day, but you need a jacket or sweater if you have an all-day conference.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Megahn S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback! We will definitely look in to the temperature settings in our meeting spaces, and we look forward to see you again!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Can't beat location is you have business at the Capitol. Otherwise, an excellent hotel you can always count on for providing a first rate experience. Although a little pricey. Both restaurants in house are good and the staff is always accommodating and friendly.

• Stayed: November 2012
Megahn S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

We do have a great location as well as wonderful dining options! Thank you for taking a few moments to share your comments!