Hyatt Regency Sacramento
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$159
$76
$186
  • Pool
1,833 results
All reviewsconvention centeracross the streetvines restaurantcapitol buildinglobby barbeautiful parkself parkingcorner roomwithin walking distancevery nice hotelearly checkenjoyed my staybusiness tripdowntown areachecking ingreat roomold sacramento
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Sacramento on business and was pleasantly surprised at the hotel. It's in a great area - walking distance to a number of shops, bars, and restaurants. The rooms are your typical Hyatt rooms but very clean. Many rooms (if not all) have a small balcony which is a nice treat. I had access to the Regency Club while there and ran into a delightful man, I believe his name was Kami. He's worked for the Hyatt for more than 30 years and was very nice and accommodating. All in all, a great hotel! FYI the sangria at the hotel bar is great!

Room Tip: Request a room with a view of the capitol grounds
1  Thank ChcgoMichael
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The staff here are incrediable! I made a reservation mistake and they were so gracious and professional. They resloved the problem emailed me and handeled the situation (which was my mistake) so quickly and seamlessly. The hotel is beautiful, and I so highly recommend them if you wish to have a wonderful place to stay and be treated like royality.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

... or of amazing service.

After staying in a bunch of overpriced properties with uncomfortable beds and crappy linens, the Hyatt was sight for sore eyes. I was in one of the totally updated rooms, and it was spacious, quiet, well-appointed, and most important: had a bed that slept like a dream. You also can't beat the location. If you are doing business in the city or are there as a tourist, you can walk to about 50% of the places you want to go (unheard of in California)

The staff was polite and accommodating. Their service was outstanding. When I ran out of paper in the business center, they bent over backwards to make sure that I got what I needed in less than 5 minutes.

My only complaint is totally silly and "first world problem": I couldn't find the coffee maker until it was too late. I feel a little ashamed even admitting it. BUT - there is a Starbucks on the property, and the staffers are more than happy to walk you there.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Megahn S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Thank you so much for your great review. Hopefully we will see you back in Sacramento soon!!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We are happy that we stayed.in this first-class hotel. The staff was gracious and helpful, and our beautiful room was immaculate. The bed was wonderful. We ate lunch and breakfast buffet at the Vines (in this hotel), and food and service were first rate.

We were not surprised to pay a premium to spend a night in this hotel, but we were surprised at the cost of certain "miscellaneous" charges. The charge to use regular wifi was $10, and around $15 for faster wifi. Self parking was $17. On this vacation, every hotel.except this one allowed my husband to borrow a cart to take luggage to our room. This hotel had carts, but only for use by staff. OK, we're cheap, but those charges add up.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2013

There are so many ways in which I really appreciate this Hyatt. Fantastic location for convention center and the growing restaurant and bar scene in downtown/midtown Sacramento. Nicely appointed rooms. Very helpful and friendly staff. Pretty good lobby bar, though I find the bar at the restaurant much friendlier. Pool area is nice, though it faces the busy street and is not a relaxing place to be.

The three stars are for what you DON'T get. Now, I know some of this is standard, but for example--you are paying $200plus a night for a room, and you have to plunk down $10 per day for wifi? There's free wifi at Motel 6, for goodness sake! And $25 a night for unsecured parking in the City lot attached to the hotel is outrageous. Limited TV...the only premium channel, if you can call it that, is HBO. And when I was there, several prime cable channels were out for the whole time, including the HBO! Room service charges out the door--a $27 bill became $41 with the gratuity and room charge.

So, as nice as the hotel is, from now on, I'm staying only a couple blocks away at other hotels that are as nicely appointed but don't fleece you on all the small stuff. Sorry, Hyat!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the capitol, though you'll pay extra for that.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

We do have a wonderful staff and our location is fantastic. I wanted to mention that we also offer complimentary wireless internet in our lobby and throughout our Amourath Lounge. While our Valet parking is $25 per night, we do offer a discounted $17 self-parking option for the structure connected to the hotel who normally charge $20 per night. Thank you for sharing your feedback!!