“Hyatt New Years 2013 Sacramento Ball Falls Flat” 1 of 5 bubbles

Hyatt Regency Sacramento
Ranked #4 of 80 Hotels in Sacramento
GreenLeadersGold level
Sacramento, California
“Hyatt New Years 2013 Sacramento Ball Falls Flat”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

Stayed at this property to celebrate New Years for 2013 and what a disappointment The room assigned to us was Dirty! Carpet and chairs had animal hair, and crumbs of food etc; shower was dirty.. I did phone downstairs and got another room, the other room clean but not what we expected. I called for room service and was promised an ETA of 20-30 minutes I ended up getting my meal 2 hours later. The bed had a distinct slant on one side.

I would advise not to stay at this property as there are many other better options in the same area.

I emailed management but never got a replied. Second year staying here, First Year was Nice Second Year fell flat, After our stay at The Sacramento Hyatt 2013 New Years Eve ball it is enough to keep me away from future visits. See the Images I uploaded

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank DXTech
Megahn S, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your recent visit. I am very disappointed to hear about your experience during your stay and even more disappointed to learn that the manager you contacted did not respond. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss these issues with you further, and can be contacted at megahn.stewart@hyatt.com.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

This was my first stay in Sacramento and I'm so glad I chose this hotel. The location cannot be beat. It's an amazing view of the State Capitol and the convenience to everything was great. The room was nice and comfortable for my family and I. The service was excellent. Especially from Christoper (Front Desk), Jim and Tim (Bell Desk). I highly recommend this hotel when staying in Sacramento.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

We came back for the 3rd year in a row for the PBR 2 day event at the Sleep Train Ampitheater. This is the host hotel for the PBR and they do an excellent job. Again it was fairly quiet during the day and seemed as though it was not busy. We finally chose a Capital View room and were glad we did. We faced west and had some excellent sun sets. The room was very clean and the bed very comfortable. The bar downstairs became a hoppin place each night after the event. All of the PBR riders and fans were very respectful of the place and it went down without a hitch. We will be back every year as long as they are the host hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Sparks
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

I booked a room for a saturday night as a special night out for my wife and I. It was spacious, clean, well apportioned and very comfy. Concierge and check in was excellent. Its not cheap $ but it is top notcch. Great job Hyatt!

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the park... Swanky.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Carmel, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

This location is great and the hotel is nice. The restaurant (Vines) serves an excellent breakfast buffet or you can order off the menu. At check out I was realized i was charged almost double the group rate i had and the "Manager" basically dismissed me when I said that is not the rate I signed up for and that i would not have stayed there that night for that rate. His response "we sent you a confirmation email so there is nothing I can do". I was ready to erite off this hotel and tell as many people I could about the terrible experience and treatment and certaily cross it off the list for my business. Then Heather came to the rescue. When I called back...with my confirmation email in hand...she indicated she had been looking into it and had actually called earlier to let me know they made an adjustment to my account. I was so pleasant to talk to her versus my experience while I was standing there in the lobby checking out. she might just have redeemed Hyatt as far as my business goes in the future but I have to take some time to get over this terrible initial treatment.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Nice, comfortable room with wi-Fi. Allowed a very early check-in. Good food at the bar and restaurant on site. Free gym was spacious and easy to use. Meeting rooms were well serviced and comfortable. There is a Starbucks next door to get you going in the morning. Great location across the street from the Capitol. Walking distance from many restaurants.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
San Anselmo, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

It surprises me that the capital of California- Sacramento- doesn't really have a 'luxury' hotel. The Hyatt and the Sheraton are pretty much the closest things. We were at the Hyatt for an event and it was fine except it missed the things that make a property very good or outstanding. The room was a little worn. The mini bar was the electric kind - hate that. There were no wine glasses in the room, no robes, no turn down or anything like that. On the plus side, there was a nice little balcony and the room was quiet and comfortable. I also saw Lebron James in the lobby though so that was fun! Self park was $17. Seemed a little pricey. All in all it's a fine typical big city Hyatt. Unless you have a capital view room you get the sense you could be in a Hyatt anywhere.

Room Tip: Get a view room!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Megahn S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at our property. We do have different packages available; some include parking and internet while others include parking and breakfast. I hope you find this information helpful and I'm glad to hear you had a fun experience while visiting Sacramento!