New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersGold level
Reno, Nevada
“Great stay once again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

We came back for the 3rd year in a row for the PBR 2 day event at the Sleep Train Ampitheater. This is the host hotel for the PBR and they do an excellent job. Again it was fairly quiet during the day and seemed as though it was not busy. We finally chose a Capital View room and were glad we did. We faced west and had some excellent sun sets. The room was very clean and the bed very comfortable. The bar downstairs became a hoppin place each night after the event. All of the PBR riders and fans were very respectful of the place and it went down without a hitch. We will be back every year as long as they are the host hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
Sparks
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

I booked a room for a saturday night as a special night out for my wife and I. It was spacious, clean, well apportioned and very comfy. Concierge and check in was excellent. Its not cheap $ but it is top notcch. Great job Hyatt!

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the park... Swanky.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Carmel, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

This location is great and the hotel is nice. The restaurant (Vines) serves an excellent breakfast buffet or you can order off the menu. At check out I was realized i was charged almost double the group rate i had and the "Manager" basically dismissed me when I said that is not the rate I signed up for and that i would not have stayed there that night for that rate. His response "we sent you a confirmation email so there is nothing I can do". I was ready to erite off this hotel and tell as many people I could about the terrible experience and treatment and certaily cross it off the list for my business. Then Heather came to the rescue. When I called back...with my confirmation email in hand...she indicated she had been looking into it and had actually called earlier to let me know they made an adjustment to my account. I was so pleasant to talk to her versus my experience while I was standing there in the lobby checking out. she might just have redeemed Hyatt as far as my business goes in the future but I have to take some time to get over this terrible initial treatment.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Nice, comfortable room with wi-Fi. Allowed a very early check-in. Good food at the bar and restaurant on site. Free gym was spacious and easy to use. Meeting rooms were well serviced and comfortable. There is a Starbucks next door to get you going in the morning. Great location across the street from the Capitol. Walking distance from many restaurants.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
San Anselmo, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

It surprises me that the capital of California- Sacramento- doesn't really have a 'luxury' hotel. The Hyatt and the Sheraton are pretty much the closest things. We were at the Hyatt for an event and it was fine except it missed the things that make a property very good or outstanding. The room was a little worn. The mini bar was the electric kind - hate that. There were no wine glasses in the room, no robes, no turn down or anything like that. On the plus side, there was a nice little balcony and the room was quiet and comfortable. I also saw Lebron James in the lobby though so that was fun! Self park was $17. Seemed a little pricey. All in all it's a fine typical big city Hyatt. Unless you have a capital view room you get the sense you could be in a Hyatt anywhere.

Room Tip: Get a view room!
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Megahn S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at our property. We do have different packages available; some include parking and internet while others include parking and breakfast. I hope you find this information helpful and I'm glad to hear you had a fun experience while visiting Sacramento!
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

My stay was for one night for a business conference and my standard room was paid for so I'm not sure of the cost. I didn't expect much as I have heard there aren't many great hotels in downtown Sacramento. I was pleasantly surprised and would definitely stay here again. It's the perfect hotel for a business trip.

For me, the service can make or break any hotel. And the service was GREAT. EVERYONE from the valet attendants, to room service to housekeeping, to the front desk personal were extremely kind and always had smiles on their faces. Props to the management because you don't see this kind of great service across the board unless the management has great hiring and training in place.

My room was a standard room but for what it was it was clean, comfortable and well-appointed. A nice work station and wireless set-up to get some work done. The staff kindly upgraded me to the 10th floor Club Level, which I greatly appreciated.

I eat very healthy and was happy with the breakfast menu as they offered some healthy options. I had the egg frittata which was very good.

I have nothing negative to say about this property.

I was in and out for one night so I didn't get to experience the location. It is across from the State Capitol.

Overall a great stay. And top-notch service. Thank you.

4 Thank EHandler
Megahn S, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Your kinds words will definitely be shared with our staff, and we look forward to your return visit to Sacramento!
Sacramento, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

Great Night. Checking in was easy and painless for such a busy night. We had standard room. It was really nice, updated. Since we were getting ready for the night we had room service deliver turkey clubs, sodas. Really good sandwiches but of course it was $50. Haha. We had friends over for cocktails. Room had chairs with a little table. The balcony was small but nice view of the capitol. The ballroom was very festive high energy and we had a great time. Buffet after was good but again over priced. One friend was double charged at buffet. There are plenty of close by restaurants. Overall really great place for a very nice night out.

• Stayed December 2012