WINNER WONDERLAND

Hyatt Regency Sacramento
Ranked #4 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
GreenLeadersGold level
Los Angeles, California
“Pleasently surprised. GREAT service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

My stay was for one night for a business conference and my standard room was paid for so I'm not sure of the cost. I didn't expect much as I have heard there aren't many great hotels in downtown Sacramento. I was pleasantly surprised and would definitely stay here again. It's the perfect hotel for a business trip.

For me, the service can make or break any hotel. And the service was GREAT. EVERYONE from the valet attendants, to room service to housekeeping, to the front desk personal were extremely kind and always had smiles on their faces. Props to the management because you don't see this kind of great service across the board unless the management has great hiring and training in place.

My room was a standard room but for what it was it was clean, comfortable and well-appointed. A nice work station and wireless set-up to get some work done. The staff kindly upgraded me to the 10th floor Club Level, which I greatly appreciated.

I eat very healthy and was happy with the breakfast menu as they offered some healthy options. I had the egg frittata which was very good.

I have nothing negative to say about this property.

I was in and out for one night so I didn't get to experience the location. It is across from the State Capitol.

Overall a great stay. And top-notch service. Thank you.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank EHandler
Megahn S, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Your kinds words will definitely be shared with our staff, and we look forward to your return visit to Sacramento!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
Sacramento, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

Great Night. Checking in was easy and painless for such a busy night. We had standard room. It was really nice, updated. Since we were getting ready for the night we had room service deliver turkey clubs, sodas. Really good sandwiches but of course it was $50. Haha. We had friends over for cocktails. Room had chairs with a little table. The balcony was small but nice view of the capitol. The ballroom was very festive high energy and we had a great time. Buffet after was good but again over priced. One friend was double charged at buffet. There are plenty of close by restaurants. Overall really great place for a very nice night out.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

From check-in to exiting the garage, the staff were gracious and solicitous. My coffee cup was never empty, and the plates never stayed on the table too long. Breakfast buffet was worth the 20 bucks -- nicely prepared to order Denver omlet. But the room was disappointing. Heavy scent of cleanser on entering. The walls were wafer thin. I could hear every belch and other body noise from guests on either side. And the shower overflowed onto the tile floors, requiring me to use up my supply of towels. Wished for something that matched the service. Great location. Not sure if I'll be back.

Room Tip: self-parking is the way to go.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1209LStreet, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your recent experience at the Hyatt Regency Sacramento. I'm glad to hear that our staff delivered the upstanding service we are known for. I am disappointed to hear that the room assigned to you was not satisfactory. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you further so that I can follow up on the issues with your stay. Feel free to reach out to me at megahn.stewart@hyatt.com.
California, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

What an amazing group of people! Honestly you just don't have to look any further for the best care you could ever ask for. I will never stay anywhere else. Close to everything and you will be treated like close family.
Rockstars!!!!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank tuf2beme1
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

I stayed at this hotel as part of a conference I attended. Overall, I had a very good experience, highlighted by a number of pluses and a couple of important negatives.

The High Points:

1) Location. The hotel is located across the street from the State Capitol Building, right next to the Community Theater, and in the middle of the downtown area that has many very good restaurants within walking distance.

2) Convenience. The hotel has two restaurants, including a casual cafe style restaurant called Vines and a more formal steakhouse called Dawson's. I ate at both during my stay and consider both meals good to very good, but at comparatively high prices. The hotel also has a large gym, business center, and adjacent jogging trail.

3) Gym. This is not your typical hotel gym. In fact, the gym is a full membership gym which allows hotel guests to work out as part of their hotel stay. A pleasant surprise.

4) Cleanliness. The Hyatt is clean and very well-maintained.

Downsides:

1) Price. I paid nearly $300/night including parking and internet usage. This may be a AAA 4 Diamond hotel, but it's not worth the price.

2) Ambience. Maybe it's because the hotel is located next to the Convention Center and has nearly 30,000 square feet of meeting space, but the hotel lacks any kind of intimacy or ambience. It's basically just a big, albeit nice, hotel. It lacks the richness that I think of when I stay at a Hyatt Regency.

3) Beds. I admit it: I am completely spoiled by the Westin Heavenly Bed, which has become my basis for comparison for hotel beds. The Hyatt bed is fine, but it just doesn't compare to the Westin brand's Heavenly Bed. Not even close.

Overall, pretty darn good. Just not great, as I had hoped and expected.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the south side of the hotel for a great view of the Capitol.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank WalnutBaron
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

Stayed at the hotel one night, for a business meeting. The room and bathroom were clean and comfortable - I think recently renovated. My only complaint was that the blanket was a little thin - Northern Ca can be quite cold at night! Service at the front desk was friendly and helpful. We overlooked the capital building and that was very nice. Hotel was also very close to the convention center, where we had our meetings. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Hilo, Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have stayed in this Hyatt many times but this was my first stay in over 6 years. The hotel has been updated and the public areas and guest rooms are very nice. We had a corner room with windows on the south and east side of the building. I especially enjoy the views of the California State Capitol and Capitol Park from the guest rooms. The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean. We were on the Regency Floor and there was an excellent breakfast served in the Regency Lounge. We had lunch in the casual restaurant called Vines. The food and service was great. If I had to complain about anything it would be the WiFi service and the mini bar in the room. We had to pay $6 per day if we wanted to use more than one computer at a time. They also have sensors in the mini bar so that if you move anything you get charged. I was billed $11 for picking up and reding the labels on two things in the mini bar. They took the charge off my bill when I complained but I'll bet that not everyone checks.

Room Tip: I like rooms on the upper floors that face the Capitol and Capitol Park.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple