I stayed at this hotel as part of a conference I attended. Overall, I had a very good experience, highlighted by a number of pluses and a couple of important negatives.
The High Points:
1) Location. The hotel is located across the street from the State Capitol Building, right next to the Community Theater, and in the middle of the downtown area that has many very good restaurants within walking distance.
2) Convenience. The hotel has two restaurants, including a casual cafe style restaurant called Vines and a more formal steakhouse called Dawson's. I ate at both during my stay and consider both meals good to very good, but at comparatively high prices. The hotel also has a large gym, business center, and adjacent jogging trail.
3) Gym. This is not your typical hotel gym. In fact, the gym is a full membership gym which allows hotel guests to work out as part of their hotel stay. A pleasant surprise.
4) Cleanliness. The Hyatt is clean and very well-maintained.
1) Price. I paid nearly $300/night including parking and internet usage. This may be a AAA 4 Diamond hotel, but it's not worth the price.
2) Ambience. Maybe it's because the hotel is located next to the Convention Center and has nearly 30,000 square feet of meeting space, but the hotel lacks any kind of intimacy or ambience. It's basically just a big, albeit nice, hotel. It lacks the richness that I think of when I stay at a Hyatt Regency.
3) Beds. I admit it: I am completely spoiled by the Westin Heavenly Bed, which has become my basis for comparison for hotel beds. The Hyatt bed is fine, but it just doesn't compare to the Westin brand's Heavenly Bed. Not even close.
Overall, pretty darn good. Just not great, as I had hoped and expected.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located right across the street from the California State Capitol and adjacent to the Convention Center, our contemporary hotel in downtown Sacramento offers passionate hospitality and inviting spaces where everyone gets the VIP treatment. Designed for the modern traveler, our hotel features spacious rooms and suites, a fitness center, full-service spa, and resort-style pool with a hot tub and cabanas. When you want to explore the area, you're just steps from exciting shopping, theaters, landmarks, and popular attractions, like Old Sacramento and Golden 1 Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Sacramento reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Sacramento Hotel Sacramento
- Sacramento Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Sacramento