WINNER WONDERLAND

Hyatt Regency Sacramento
Ranked #4 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
GreenLeadersGold level
California
“Good Hotel in Downtown Sacramento”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012

The Hyatt was a very nice hotel. During the week it is aimed primarily at business travelers and always seems busy with conferences. The location is very good for anything downtown. It is located directly across from the state capitol. The capitol has a nice park surrounding it which made a very nice place for walking (or running). The staff were all very nice and helpful. The rooms are typical Hyatt - comfortable and up to date. I had a corner room that looked over the capital. The bed was perfect! There is a well equipped minibar. The only downfall is that the internet isn't free - which seems to be behind even hotels that aren't as upscale as the Hyatt. There are many restaurants in the area which was very handy. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1209LStreet, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Thank you for your comments, I'm so glad you were able to enjoy the park and the view of the Capitol! Next time you're in town, the concierge can arrange a tour of the Capitol Museum and gardens for you, it's quick and fun and a great way to get a little taste of California's art and history. Thanks again for the great review, we look forward to welcoming you back next time!

Warm Regards,

lauren.gilmore@hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
Oakland, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

Have you been to a Hyatt? This is pretty similar to the other ones. Nothing special, nothing complimentary. Very clean, very modern. Everyone is professional and things are pretty nice. Just not really impressive in any way. They even have lazers on the mini bar to make sure you don't mess with anything.

The location is pretty perfect if you are going to be in downtown Sac. That was the best part about it.

I would stay somewhere that wasn't trying to jack me at every corner and had some personality.

Room Tip: Try to get a view of the capital!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Kirkland, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

After a long and tiring drive from Yosemite Hyatt provided a much needed rest. We got the room from the unpublished rate deal, so I somewhat expected to be relegated to a room with a garage view but we were given rooms on the same floor (Club) and both rooms were great.

The hotel bar was extremely busy (some big convention or a wedding) so getting bartender's attention proved to be difficult but the rest of the stay was impeccable - clean rooms, great shower, comfortable mattress and pillows. In the morning the blow dryer was not behaving (looks like it was dropped and could not work on High setting), within 5 minutes of my call to housekeeping the new dryer was brought in (it was around 7am on Sunday and we were rushing to catch our plane, so such speedy response was really appreciated).

We had dinner on our way into Sacramento so didn't check out the surrounding restaurants, nor did we have dinner at the hotel, so can not vouch for food.

Overall - great night sleep in a nice place that seemed centrally located, helpful and courteous staff. Will definitely go back if need to stay in Sacramento.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Symmetric
1209LStreet, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Thank you for the great review! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the room. Next time you're with us, be sure to check out Dawson's bar as well - it's a little smaller but the bartenders, Augustin and Rob, are famous for their great service and innovative drinks. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

Once again the Hyatt has proven itself as the place to stay. Exemplary staff, accomodations, amenities, and centrally located directly across from the beautiful State Capitol Park. Don't forget to use the e-upgrade option!
Bit of a walk from self-park but more convenient than valet for me. You may prefer valet. Spacious, airy, comfortable, and spotless! Plus, you gotta love the beds!

Room Tip: I found myself in room 865; nice corner executive suite with a large sitting area and small patio th...
2 Thank CatherineLAllin
Santa Ana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

I enjoy visiting this hotel as it is the closest hotel to the capitol that you will find. I enjoy the view of the dome in the evening. The rooms were very comfortable and the bar is a great place to hang out. The pool area is very nice and during the afternoon you can sit either in the sun or in the shade and read a good book or do some work on your laptop. I enjoyed my room as they provide you with many pillows to truly get a good nights sleep. The workout facility is outside of the hotel so you will need to go outside to get back to the workout room so make sure you bring a sweatshirt or jacket if you plan on working out early in the morning.

1 Thank dmas6
San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2012

We had to be at the Capitol Building first thing Monday morning, so my boyfriend and I decided to make it a weekend trip. We checked in Saturday, were supposed to check out Monday (they granted us a later check-out of 2pm), but decided to add on one more night (which they happily allowed) and left Tuesday. I didn't want to have to drive and deal with downtown parking or walk too far on Monday morning and we like the security and comfort of a big chain hotel, so we chose the Hyatt. What I didn't realize was exactly how close it was! It's literally a 3 minute walk from the Hyatt's doors to the Capitol Building's doors. It's also close to a bunch of restaurants, the downtown area, the Convention Center, there's a movie theater right across the street and a CVS about half a mile away.

We got to check in around 2pm (very much appreciated after a 2 hour drive). There's a bar and 2 restaurants in the lobby - we didn't eat at either restaurant, but the two drinks we had at the lobby bar were pretty pricey, which we expected, but we still enjoyed the cool looking bar. We were given the option of a high or low level room, and we, of course, chose the high level. We were on the 11th floor, all the way at the end of the hallway overlooking the Capitol Building and park. Some rooms have a balcony (ours didn't), but they were the tiny balconies that you can only barely just step out on to. We booked a standard king bed and the room was bigger than I expected. The bed was comfortable, the flatscreen TV was huge, the lounge chair was cozy, and the walls must be soundproof because we never even heard our neighbors' doors open/close. Our bathroom had a big roomy shower stall (no bathtub, but other rooms do), and the robes and free toothpaste, cottonballs, and q-tips were a nice touch.

The hotel is pretty huge, there were a bunch of conventions/meetings, a wedding, and a high school prom during our stay, but never did we have to wait in line at the elevators or weave thru a crowd or have trouble finding a parking spot or complain about any noise. The parking is $17/day with in and our privileges, which is pricey, but expected, given the hotel's downtown location, but there was always plenty of parking. You have to pay for internet too, which we opted out of, but for some reason, our AT&T iPhones were really slow when we were in the building.

Big points for their awesome staff. I can't remember names, but everyone we experienced was super friendly, from the valet in front to the front desk to the bar tender and to the random staff we encountered just walking around.

Room Tip: Ask for the Sacramento Gold Card when you check-in - it's a free card from the Convention &...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank SH0W_ME_thE_W0RLd
We greatly appreciate your feedback! I'm always delighted to pass this kind of commentary on to our staff, and I agree that we have a great group of service-oriented people here. We'll look forward to seeing you again next time you are in Sacramento, and hopefully you'll get a chance to dine in one of our restaurants; we serve a great lunch at the Market at Vines, and it's reasonably priced too! Thank you again for staying with us.

Warm Regards,

Fresno, California, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012

I recently stayed here for 3 days while attending a conference. Every staff person that I encountered was terrific, from the valet to registration to folks just passing me by in the hall. The room was beautiful and comfortable. The servers during the meals at the conference were also great. I also used the fitness center for all 3 days. At first I was kind of bummed that it was outside of the hotel. But the walk around the corner was just fine. The fitness center had lots of stuff to use and I really enjoyed that they had TVs in the treadmill and headphones available for use. I also felt the location was great. While there, we walked to the mall twice and to other restaurants around the area. If I have any complaints, it would be that there is no free wi-fi. You have to pay $9.95 per 24 hour period. But you can get free wi-fi at the Starbucks around the corner. As my room was right over Starbucks, I was able to get the wi-fi while in my room!
Anyhow, this is a very nice place to stay while visiting the capital.

Room Tip: If you can get a room over the Starbucks, you may be able to get the free wi-fi like I did.
1 Thank uclachexican
Thank you for the review! I agree that you really can't beat this location, especially if you're looking for local dining and shopping. I'm delighted that you had the opportunity to interact with some of our staff, as they're really what sets us apart. We hope to welcome you back again soon!