“Great Stay in Sacramento”

Hyatt Regency Sacramento
Ranked #4 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 30, 2012

We were there for a 2 day Pro Bull Riders event. The Hyatt was the host hotel. You would think it would be noisy or rowdy with a bunch of cowboys, but all of the PBR riders are very respectfull and it was a very quite stay. The hotel is up to date with huge flat screens with HD programming. The bed was very comfortable and the room very clean. Great lobby for meeting people and having a bite to eat in the bar area. This is our second stay there and we will go back.

Room Tip: If you want to view the Capital then pick a room facing towards the front of the Hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank winecountrylovers
Write a ReviewReviews (1,764)

Reviewed January 29, 2012

Had a great time. Good food, nice music and perfect ambience. The buffet dinner was very good. Choice of meats, fish and vegetables.
Nice place for a party

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Kendmv
Reviewed December 31, 2011

I have been using this property off and on for five years and now find myself here several times a month. Great staff, food service and comfortable rooms.

Do not like the RC. they moved it from a open airy so a closed in room. Not good in fact unacceptable for a Hyatt Regency Property. Except for getting a paper and coffee to go I don't use it. No windows, darkly lit. Ugh Hotel should be ashamed of themselves

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Ghostrider5408
Reviewed December 30, 2011

Location, location, location in the heart of downtown across from the Capitol. Lively lobby bar and friendly, 'small-town' service. The restaurant was better than typical for a Hyatt.

Room Tip: The Excecutive Corner King is worth the extra money.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank KEVIN M
Reviewed December 27, 2011

In addition to a very pleasant room at an extraordinarily reasonable price, the staff were particularly helpful and the ambience excellent. The concierge helped us get a reservation at an outstanding restaurant just 1 block from the hotel and followed up to make sure we were satisfied with all of the services. I would make an effort to stay at this hotel in the future and recommend it unequivocally

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Frederick R
Reviewed December 22, 2011

I stayed at this location for two weeks on business. This was the first time I'd traveled by myself and I was a little out of my element. I had read about the "area" places to go and not go. I absolutely loved everything about this area and this hotel. The customer service, AMAZING! Virgil, Patrick, (front desk) Susan and Laura (at the bar) every single person made me feel right at home. They went above and beyond when it came to customer service. I had some "issues" with the air condioner in my room and the noise level of where my room was located. They didn't hesitate to offer me a new room on a more secluded floor and had me moved within minutes. Virgil and Patrick were so helpful, down right fun, when it came to deciding where I was going to go for the evening, whether it be dinner or entertainment. They even gave me the hotel phone number just in case I was out somewhere and felt a little insecure...they'd come pick me up! Who even offers that?!! The area, was just fine. I walked by myself to several places every night..The Torch..one of my favorite places for music! Stop by if your staying at the hotel! A little seedy, but down right good people!! All and all..this place was more than a hotel..100 thumbs up!!

Room Tip: The higher the floors, the fewer the rooms...less noise from the street too...Go higher!!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank boamot
Reviewed December 18, 2011

The rooms are really nice and the hotel is located across from the capitol & capitol park and within walking distance of the convention center. There is a Starbuck's right next door. There are lots of places to eat all around the area. I didn't like having to pay for internet service, but that seems to be the norm in the more posh hotels.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have balconies, which looked nice. My room did not have one but it had a great vie...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business