“Crown Plaza just Tells you what you want to hear”

Crowne Plaza Sacramento
Ranked #35 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
GreenLeadersSilver level
Prescott Valley, Arizona, United States
“Crown Plaza just Tells you what you want to hear”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

To make a loooong story short...I changed my initial 3 days visit down to 2. Informed FD of the change at check-in, followed all requirements with booking site (Hotels.com) was ashured by FD Rep at check-out that all paperwork was recieved from Hotels.com and Mngr will finish & finalize the change in my stay come Monday then credit can be issued. I returned a week later for a 2nd stay spoke again with same FD Rep re: 1 night credit for the 2 seperate rooms we had booked. Again assured all was fine and that credits to my credit card thru Hotels.com may take some additional time. Well weeks later I get an email from Hotels.com that Crown Plaza has denied the credit request.
I emailed Crown Plaza cust. care and about a month later recieved a call from the General Mngr who basically called me a LIAR and denied the existence of ALL the employees that I spoke with during my 2 stays at the Crown Plaza and denied even the possibility of what I was told by the "ficticious employees" as true. The General Manager has show me by his rudeness and calling me a liar that Crown Plaza just tells their guests WHATEVER they want to hear at the moment to get THEIR $ but does not stand by their word. Finally I was offered 2 free nights at your SAC NE location. Why would I be FOOL enough to believe another employees word from this establishment????

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Pamela L
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Sacramento, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Pamela L,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. We appreciate you taking the time to help us improve our guests services.

I am truly sorry for the lapse in service with reference to your reservation issues. We deeply regret the inconvenience this has caused you and the dissatisfaction you have encountered with our level of service. I apologize for the negative impressions you may have had.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Renovated hotel with easy access to the freeway under $100 a night - didn't think it was possible. This hotel proved me wrong. I stayed at this hotel many years ago when it was a questionable Holiday Inn. Crowne Plaza completely renovated the place and apart from the occasional odd color choices in public areas, rooms were comfortable, large and clean. Check-In and Check-out we're quick and easy; staff was pleasant and welcoming. Housekeeping was prompt (perhaps a bit too prompt knocking at 9am) and my room was cleaned well before I returned to it in the afternoon. Plenty of parking and a Starbucks just up the street too. The one drawback was a bit of noise I-80 which is just behind the hotel. Things did quiet down though and particularly when the AC was running, didn't bother me. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank TravelingCAGirl
pchand, Manager at Crowne Plaza Sacramento, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We're very glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to having you with again.
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This was my first time staying at The Crown Plaza but I will definitely return. I was the key note speaker at one of the local colleges graduations, and the location happened to be perfect. It ended up being one of the hottest days of the year (110•) and the staff adjusted well. It started at about 6:30am I went down to the lobby with my laptop and just happene to sit at the concierge desk, this started some playful banter with the Manager, then a man with 8 children came down to eat when they informed him that the usual policy is 2 children eat free for every 1 adult I spoke up and offered to let 2 of the 8 be my guest but they could sit at his table. The hostess was touched by my kindness and the Hotel comped me Breakfast (which was really really good) I then went on to stay around the Hotel until it was time for the graduation mostly because of the heat, but during that time I met over 25 of the staff and everyone of them was cool. Great Hotel, modern clean rooms, soft towels, great food, lots of fun, I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a great hotel at a great rate. Thank You Crown Plaza...

• Stayed June 2013
pchand, Manager at Crowne Plaza Sacramento, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. We're very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We'd love to have you back again; whether you're speaking at another graduation or just visiting Sacramento for fun.
Thanks again
Novato, California
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I spent the night here last night after lecturing in one of their meeting rooms. When I was here about 18 months ago there was a remodel underway, so it was a less than pleasant experience.

Now that the remodel has been completed, I am very impressed with that place and the 'bang for the buck' you get here. The free "Welcome Cocktail" coupon when checking in due to being a Priority Club member was yet another plus.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank TheBlum
pchand, Manager at Crowne Plaza Sacramento, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you very much for your nice review. We're glad you had the chance to see us AFTER the renovation was completed. We hope to have you back again.
Thanks again
Franklin, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I spent about 6 1/2 hours in the hotel, but had the following observations:

Large Front Desk/Lobby area that made me feel like I was in a scene from Mad Men. Not necessarily a bad thing, but certainly a bit of time travel involved.

When I walked to my room, I noticed that the ceiling heights were about 7 1/2 feet, which seemed low and confining. Long hallways of doors without much to distract your attention.

Then I walked into the room and was transported back to 2013. It looks like they have made an effort to modernize and decorate the rooms. Higher ceilings and the decorating made it quite comfortable.

It is also about $20/night lower than similar quality hotels in SAC and West SAC.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Rdsxfan
pchand, Manager at Crowne Plaza Sacramento, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for your review. We're glad you liked our guest rooms (and our rates). We hope that the next time you visit Sacramento, you'll be able to stay longer.
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Good location and clean amenities. Good stuff: price,cleanliness,location. Weak points:service in restaurant,weird layout to find the elevators, and most security doors (gym, pool, side doors) just pop open when pushed. Still overall I would stay here again.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JOrkowski
pchand, Manager at Crowne Plaza Sacramento, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear that you would stay with us again...We'd love to have you. There are three elevators to the guest rooms: one at the end closest to the lobby and two more at the opposite end of the tower. Depending on where you park; one of these should be convenient for you. We're sharing your comments about the security doors to our engineers for immediate action. Thank you for alerting us.
We look forward to having you visit us again.
Lincoln, California
Reviewed April 22, 2013

The front desk clerk was very friendly and the lobby area is extremely large and inviting. My room was clean and the ammenities were more than sufficient. The only problem was that my room was about 20 feet from the elevator and it was extremely loud.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank anarayan
pchand, Manager at Crowne Plaza Sacramento, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for the review. We're sorry that you were disturbed by the elevator noise. Please let us if you're ever unhappy in any way with your room. If we have another room available; we'll be happy to move you. Thank you
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sacramento
Hampton Inn & Suites Sacramento-Cal Expo
Lions Gate Hotel - A Lexington Legacy Hotel
Lions Gate Hotel - A Lexington L...
#1 of 5 in North Highlands
Courtyard Sacramento Cal Expo
Courtyard Sacramento Cal Expo
#10 of 81 in Sacramento
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento

Been to Crowne Plaza Sacramento? Share your experiences!