“A GOOD EFFORT SHOWS”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Chico, California
“A GOOD EFFORT SHOWS”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My wife I stayed in this hotel for one night. To be honest, we are drawn in by a good rate. We weren't expecting much...just for a single night. So, we were pleasantly surprised. The lobby is nice, spacious, and nicely decorated. The restaurant is very good. Our room was large, clean, with nicely appointed features. The thing that impressed me the most, was the effort made by the staff to ensure that we had a pleasant stay.... From the front desk clerk, to the servers, in the restaurant, to the house keeping, everyone seemed to be very customer satisfaction oriented. I was very pleased with the effort.

• Stayed February 2013
pchand, Manager at Crowne Plaza Sacramento, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We're very happy that you were happy. Our staff works very hard to impress our guests. It's nice to hear when they succeed.
Thanks again. We hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Tracy
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed one night during a volleyball tournament. The bed was very, very comfy and the accommodations were updated and very nice; more of an upscale look. Took advantage of the hot tub, which was nice. Staff was good, no issues. We stayed on the 2nd floor facing away from the freeway so no noise. Pretty clean, too -- had no complaints.

Room Tip: Get a room facing away from the freeway for a more quiet sleep.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write. We're glad that you enjoyed your stay. Please come see us again!
Amstelveen, The Netherlands
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The service of this hotel is exelent!!
They have helped me sent a package to my home adress when I had already left the hotel.
Great job!!!
I'll definitely be back next year!!
when there is the egg show!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your kind words. We are sharing your comments with our entire staff. It's great when they can see how important they are.
Thnaks again!
Incline Village, Nv
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We stayed here one night on our way home to Nevada. We had been wanting to try this hotel since it was converted from a Holiday Inn. The aesthetics of the hotel are nice but the basic necessities are missing, like in-room safety and sound insulation. We did get a room on the 6th floor and the hallways were quiet; guests were quiet. Our room was facing the opposite side of the property from the freeway, so we thought there would be no freeway noise. Wrong. But, the freeway noise did drown out the TV from the people next door. The window opened but there was no screen (6th floor). The AC unit built into the wall had a sign on it saying to operate the unit from the thermostat on the opposite wall. We tried but nothing we did would make the AC run. So, in spite of the sign on the unit itself, we tried operating it from the in-wall unit and, voila! We had success. The door to our room would not close unless you really pushed hard and had to really pull hard to open it. It was difficult not making a lot of noise at night when we closed the door. Maybe that's why our neighbors turned up their TV!
Our room and bathroom were both clean. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom had ample counter space and storage for the 2 of us. The bath products were actually very nice.
Parking was adequate and free, as was the Internet.
On our next trip to the Bay Area or Sacramento, we will try this hotel for one night. The rates are very reasonable and it is in a good location for access to Sacramento proper.

Room Tip: Get a room as far away from the freeway as is possible.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank godsbooboo
pchand, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Sacramento, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to write the review of our property. We at Crowne Plaza Sacramento really value your business. We really appreciate your constructive feedback.

I will make sure that we take appropriate measure to correct the issues.

I am also glad the hear that your enjoyed your time in Sacramento and complimentary amenity that our hotel offers. There are only few hotels in Sacramento that offer free guests parking and complimentary Wi-Fi.

Thank you kindly and we are looking forward to see you in Sacramento again.

Regards,
Management.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Check in, check out, parking were fine, no problems. Staff was courteous always. Room was clean, bed was comfy. The a/c was a little hit-and-miss but we were never uncomfortable. One night I wasn't feeling well but we needed a little something to eat so we ordered 2 bowls of chicken noodle soup (their soup of the day). It didn't take long to arrive but was barely lukewarm. And it was so salty as to almost be inedible. No crackers and only one napkin. So I guess I wouldn't recommend the room-service. We did have some calamari and drinks in the restaurant the next night, however, and it was yummy. We stayed on the 2nd floor away from the freeway and had no noise issues. The shower was great - lots of water pressure and no temperature fluctuations. They even had electrical outlets in the bathroom! (Something you don't find more than you do.) Overall, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Zoeycat
pchand, Manager at Crowne Plaza Sacramento, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
It looks like our earlier response did not post...so let's try this again. We wanted to thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We're very glad that you were happy overall. However; we were disturbed to hear that your room service order of soup was not delivered hot. Your comments were shared with our kitchen and room service staffs to be corrected immediately. Thanks again.
Sacramento, California
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Recently stayed at the Crowne Plaza it is a nice place however the staff is not to accomodating. Had issues with my credit card where they charged me several times as i had to adjust those charges in order for my room to be booked. As they were at fault they had me wait the whole time it took me to solve the issue with there accountng and my credit card company

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Sacramento, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Baby_J0621,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. . I am deeply sorry for the unacceptable service you have received from our staff. I assure you that this is not the norm you should expect from our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I recently stayed at the Crowne Plaza at Sacramento, and I gotta say it was one of the worst experiences I had in a hotel. There were problems with the room and the service. I believe that at staying at other Crowne Plazas they were way superior and better. I'm very disappointed that I did not get the expected Crowne Plaza service that I've been getting at other IHG hotels.

I plan on doing a good majority of business in travel in Sacramento this year, and I don't plan on staying at this hotel ever again.

First of all the room was average, but didn't look clean. The bathroom had hair on the floor, and hair in the tub. The bed had hair, and the sheets didn't look like they were changed.

I didn't even get my wake up call and I asked for compensation, and the manager there told me he wasn't going to give me the compensation for the wake up call (I thought this was a Crowne Plaza standard to get a free room night and tax for a missed wake up call). I plan on calling the ihg guest relations in the next few days to complain.

Out of all the IHG properties I've stayed in the past 3 years, this has been by far the worst property and service from the managers to the staff. What's worse is that they didn't care, and it is reflected on the condescending attitude of the management to the staff.

I plan on telling everyone I know where I do business in Sacramento to not stay at the Crowne Plaza in Sacramento and stay at other IHG properties.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Chu303
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Sacramento, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Dear Chu303,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to write a review of our hotel. We are hospitality professionals who work diligently to ensure our service and facilities are superior and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Your comments are very troubling. We take comments such as these seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Sacramento hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sacramento
Hampton Inn & Suites Sacramento-Cal Expo
Lions Gate Hotel - A Lexington Legacy Hotel
Lions Gate Hotel - A Lexington L...
#1 of 5 in North Highlands
Courtyard Sacramento Cal Expo
Courtyard Sacramento Cal Expo
#10 of 81 in Sacramento
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento

Been to Crowne Plaza Sacramento? Share your experiences!