Crowne Plaza Sacramento
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$159
Delta King(Sacramento)
$154
$129
  • Restaurant
All reviewsholiday innhotel restaurantpool and hot tubwould stay here againan updateking roomfront desk staffbusiness travellobby areabeds were very comfortableconvenient locationfitness centerarborfreewayallarosevillemattress
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 30, 2012

The hotel is very well presented from the moment you walk in the door. The staff were friendly and rooms well turned out. The only draw back is if you wanted to go downtown its definatly a car drive, its not within walking distance but the price reflects that and the value is there. Overall it was a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
pchand, Manager at Crowne Plaza Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

We're very glad that you enjoyed your stay. We hope tosee you again in the near future

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I stayed at this hotel while attending a conference in Sacramento. Though the hotel is not in Sacramento proper, and is about a 15 minute drive to the city, it was a reasonable alternative to paying $200+ a night to stay in the city. The hotel was about $80-90/night and was full service. I was greeted promptly and in a friendly manner on check-in. My room was spaceous and comfortable. Wireless internet and parking were free, with the internet working and being reasonably fast. Room service was good with large portion sizes at reasonable prices. The pool and hot tub were a nice way to relax at the end of the day, and offered a nice view of the sky. The fitness room offered free bottled water. There was a business center with free internet access and limited printing. Overall I was very impressed with the hotel and the services it offered. I wouldd recommend this hotel for people who don't mind not being right in the city or who are driving/have a car since there is no parking fees that are often found in downtown hotels.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms are reserved for Priority Club members and tend to be more quiet!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. Our free parking and WiFi are always popular, but we really pride ourselves in our customer service. We hope you'll choose to stay with again when you return to Sacramento

Reviewed November 2, 2012

This hotel looks like nothing from the outside but it's pretty nice inside. The room was nicely updated. Bathroom was very small but nice. Furnishings were new. We had a workshop there and the catering staff was excellent. The front desk is understaffed and they are undertrained and not very helpful. The hotel is oddly laid out, so it can be quite a hike from reception to your room. Bed was comfortable with LOTS of bedding--way too much. Windows open but no screen and it's right on the freeway. Very reasonably priced (I think it was about $79 for a king bed when people walked in.) A/C is loud and fairly uneven.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the freeway.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us. Since your stay; our Front Desk staff has gone through extensive training. We think you will definitely notice the difference. We hope to have you stay with us soon.
Thanks again

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stayed here over a weekend with my family. First off, you should know that this hotel is not really close to the city center. It is about 10 miles northeast of downtown Sacramento. It is not in a touristy area. It's close to commercial buildings, car dealerships and some shopping plazas.

That said, it is quite a nice, comfortable hotel. The rooms have obviously been remodeled, so it feels like new. The beds are comfortable and there is no shortage of pillows. There is an outdoor pool and hot tub, which we didn't use, but looked well-maintained. The service at the front desk was also really nice. They provided us with free drink vouchers as a 'thank you' gift.

The best part about this place is the price. I guess it is because we were there in low season, but we got the room for only $75 online!

There are not many nice restaurants nearby, but we ate in the hotel and thought the food was pretty good. Good value for our dollar there as well.

This place is well worth the stay if you are visiting Sacramento for a night or two.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway. We did and had no problem getting one.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again. Be sure to try the Napa Salad (it's incredible!)

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I attended a workshop that was held here in September - stayed a whole week. Got a heck of a deal on the room by pre-paying. You take a chance on a place when you prepay, but this risk paid off.

This used to be an old Holiday Inn, and it was fairly recently remodeled to be a Crowne Plaza. The entire staff was awesome - from the chef and waitress in the restaurant, to the maintenance men, to the front desk clerks.

Since I spent a week here, I asked if they had another desk chair for the room.The one in there, although cool looking, was not very comfortable. They were nice enough to bring a chair from the lobby up to me room for the week.

The restaurant food was decent. Soup was good, chicken wings and fish and chips good, and the sandwiches were good. Salads good. Sort of a pantry kitchen setup. Not so crazy about the jamaican chicken.

The neighborhood and demographic aren't so great. Lots of beggars and homeless in the area. Lots of cops and sirens. The guests over the weekend are a little less desirable than the weeknight guests which are more business oriented. I think the low price makes this place sort of a ghetto high roller place.

Lots of smoking going on here - cigarettes and pot - even though it is not allowed. My hallway often stunk of cigarettes.

Every fast food place imaginable nearby, plus an In-n-Out and Panda Express and Starbucks next door. Conveniently on I-80.

Overall, good stay, and I'd go back in a minute. One interesting observation: I had occasion to stay in a VERY nice place down in Sonoma Valley a couple weeks later - $175/night, with a 4 star restaurant attached. The staff was snobby and seemed inconvenienced by our patronage. My brother looked at me at one point and said, "We need to take the staff from up there [Crowne Plaza Sacramento] and put them down here [this nice place in Sonoma]!" That's quite a compliment to the folks at the CP. Kudos to management for good training, and thanks to the staff for making everything comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask them to put you on "the quiet side" - they seem to separate the business and vacation travelers from the local partiers.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business