Crowne Plaza Sacramento
$129
$198
$186
  • Pool
All reviewsholiday innhotel restaurantpool and hot tubwould stay here againan updateking roomfront desk staffbusiness travellobby areabeds were very comfortableconvenient locationfitness centerarborfreewayallarosevillemattress
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I drive past this hotel every day on my way to work, but never paid it any attention. Now that I have stayed, I will be recommending to all my friends and family. It is a lovely, clean, well-apportioned hotel. The rooms are clean and attractive and the beds are wonderful. The staff was friendly and helpful. It is not in a super nice area (not a terrible one either), but it is very convenient and close to freeway access. The value is outstanding - appx the same rate as the vastly inferior La Quinta a few blocks away.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This place is a rip-off, and uses legal language that no one can understand to steal your money.I booked at this hotel for a high school reunion. I had to cancel when my 85 year-old husband came down with a virus and we could not make the trip from Oregon to Sacramento. The hotel refused to return our $92, even though I told them we are seniors living on a limited income.

Most hotels take your credit card number when you make a reservation, and charge your card when you arrive. Not this hotel. They charge you immediately, and if you cannot come, they keep your money. They say they can do this because of a statement on their website (that does not make this policy clear). Here is the statement, and see if you can make sense of it: "I understand that by selecting the confirm reservation button, I am authorizing a charge to the credit card number provided for any specified deposit requirement and/or cancellation fee that may apply. Cancellation fees are non-refundable." That's it! Of course you need a room, so you click the button. They have your money, and if something happens that prevents you from using the room, well, that's just too bad, you are in the clutches of a greedy corporation. So if given a choice, I would stay somewhere else, and I would inquire about the cancellation policy before buying.

Room Tip: Check the cancellation policy before making a reservation.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jane F
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Dear Jane F,

Thank you so much for your recent comments. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class experience. For that reason, your comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. I would love to welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience with further details. I have sent you a private message to obtain additional information regarding your stay.

I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Lera M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 25, 2012

My three night stay at this property was fine. This is a re-branded Holiday Inn that has been re-painted, upgraded, and is very nice. My room was very clean, well organized and had new modern amenities. It was quiet with no surrounding noise. The only detractor was the view from my room was of the service area of two car dealers located next to the hotel.
The restaurant/ bar area was nice as was the food. They have a morning breakfast buffet which is a little below standard from a Hilton or Marriott, but offered most everything you would want.
The staff, (especially the night bar staff and morning waitresses) were very service oriented, friendly and accommodating.
I would stay here again if I am in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Nitroxprt
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I stayed for a week at this hotel and I could not have asked for a better hotel. Newly renovated the rooms were AWESOME and the beds are so comfortable and I can't forget about the fantastic BREAKFAST, (juicy fruit)! I work in the hotel industry and knowing what to look for and expect this hotel exceeded all aspects. A hotel can look nice but it is the STAFF that makes this hotel the best it can be and I just want to say THANK YOU to EVERYONE who works here, they were all so friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

Renovated and nice looking rooms and lobby, but cleanliness in the room is less than desirable. Found hairs in bathroom and on a couple pillows. Quite a turnoff.
Hotel was full due to price i suppose. Decent fitness room, bar/ restaurant. Front desk staff top notch however!

• Stayed: August 2012