“Pleasant is exactly what you should expect”

Crowne Plaza Sacramento
Ranked #37 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 19, 2012

This hotel is pleasant, clean and reasonably attended by a rather odd assortment of staff. The staff are adequate. Not overly friendly but kind and reasonably attended. The decor is gray/silver, black and white with notable red accents. It's ok but a little Pier One on discount for my tastes. However on Priceline the rack rate was fair and I actually liked the bathroom decor with the artsy bowl sink and the absolutely fantastic blast your skin off shower head. My lower back says thank you. The breakfast was ok. They didn't have tomato juice which was annoying but the food was ok if not a little salty. My companions were happy with the meal and I particularly liked the Star Trek double sliding front doors and so did the kids. Unfortunately I left my silk shirt in the bathroom and it disappeared within three hours of checking. out. All my fault I'm sure.
The bottom line is there are so many others try this one on your way to Reno or don't. You won't be stressed but you certainly won't be awestruck. 3 stars.

Room Tip: south facing unless of course you are Indy fans.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank caidy

Reviewed July 14, 2012

This hotel has the worst customer service!!!! The front desk crew is rude and rarely answers the phone.The room service shuts down way earlier than the menu says they do and also fails to tell you that they only serve breakfast on the weekend. So if you are hungry it's fast food near by or nothing. Horrible experience!

• Stayed: July 2012
4  Thank Maverox
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Dear Maverox,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received poor customer service from our from desk and from our room service staff which was unacceptable. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 12, 2012

I recently chose to stay here as it was a great value. The only problem i had while i was there during my 4 day stay was the internet did not work in the room. I had reported it the first night i was there however it was not resolved by the time i had checked out. The importance of a reliable internet in this age is key. I could use it down in the lobby but as soon as i rounded the corner by the pool it stopped working. I realize this is something the hotel has moderate control over but i feel like they could have pressed the provider a bit more. Overall though the staff is extremely helpful and friendly and I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: For a good value and little fuss during breakfast the hotel does offer a buffet which was a nice tou...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Karl C
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I chose this CP as my son lives nearby and I had business around the area. The price is right for this renovated Holiday Inn, and it was my home away from home for 2 weeks. Everything is kept in tip-top shape but I still have a few complaints. The two room king bed suite I occupied was very nicely appointed, and furnishings were comfortable and new. I appreciated the small fridge and microwave that were brought in and stacked one on top of the other, but the fridge would barely keep food/drinks cold. My room overlooked the pool area out of the living room side, and the front of the building on the bedroom side, so I didn't get any of the highway noise that others have mentioned. This end of the hotel has only one elevator that was always busy which made it less than desirable. Hotel staff were friendly and helpful. I didn't get the claustrophobia that another reviewer mentioned about the pool area. The pool isn't huge, but the deck area is nice and spacious. This is more of a convention center and for the business traveler who is in and out each day, as I was, it's a rather long "commute" (especially while waiting for the elevator) from the inside to the outside. My other complaint was the restaurant. The one time I ate there, a simple bacon , eggs and toast breakfast took well over 30 minutes to arrive at the table and was cold upon arrival. Unacceptable on a workday morning when time is of the essence, and when most other guests were taking advantage of the breakfast buffet. The business center is located in the lobby with 2 computers and a fabulous full size copier/printer/scanner that I greatly appreciated. That said, it was usually always busy and a few times I waited (and waited and waited) for the opportunity to use the copier for boarding passes and a couple of work documents. Because of the hotel's proximity to my son, and the decent price I would stay here again, but otherwise would likely choose a different location better suited to my business travel needs.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stayed here for a week while waiting for our apartment to be ready. The staff was very nice and helpful. The rooms were clean and nicely arranged. I read that the hotel was remodeled recently and I liked the decor. :-) Kind of funky modern. I noticed that some other folks have complained about the freeway noise. I didn't hear it at ALL.

I'm going to do a separate review on the hotel restaurant but I want to say here that the staff there is FANTASTIC and none of the meals were disappointing. So definitely eat there!

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We scored a great deal on Hotwire for this hotel...$70/night. Clean, comfortable, polite front staff, great pool area. Overall, we were happy. Would easily stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Spent one night there through Priceline. I therefore got it at a low price. Good because I would not pay more for that hotel! If you pay the full fare... find another hotel!

First of all, take a map and look how close the interstate is. Well, the room is adequate but extremely noisy. They provide you with earplugs but this is not an acceptable solution for me. There are more adequate ways nowadays for blocking noise! This is a Crowne Plaza, not a cheap motel, I do not expect to hear every single truck passing by. Note that our room was somewhere in the middle of the building, it means many rooms are even closer from the I-80!

Otherwise, room is comfy, service was average and there is plenty of parking. On the minus side, it's quite far from downtown.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends