“Barely Adequate”

Crowne Plaza Sacramento
Ranked #37 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 28, 2012

I have stayed at this property numerous times when it was affiliated with another chain. Even through their remodeling the customer service was exemplary. Now, with the tastefule remodel completed and a new identity, they have somehow misplaced their customer service. Gone is th lounge open for reasonable use replced with a bar that opens late and closes early. Also gone is the healthy complimentary breakfast replaced with a very ordinary coffee shop menu with inflated prices.

When I checked into my room, advertised at $84/night I was charged $104/night. The room is tastefully redecorated but I discoverd in the bathroom that the previous tenant's well-used soap remained next to the sink and a used washrag and partially used shampoo and conditioner remained in the shower. You know, details matter.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank pvmlaw

Reviewed January 27, 2012

Had to fly to Sacramento short notice to take care of my mom whom had a stroke. The Crowne Plaza hotel is 2 blocks from her house so I checked in there to see if they had rooms. Well they did, and I have to say I was impressed... I had to extend my stay 4 times, and they were very accommodating, even dropping my rate!!! The restaurant is open for breakfast and dinner and has a bar area. Breakfast was excellent, and the service was friendly, fast and efficient.
The bed was very comfortable, lots of pillows. Bathroom was great, shower pressure perfect, and towels soft and not scratchy. The only negative was that the internet in the room didn't work, leaving me to go to lobby if I needed internet access.

Room Tip: I had a room on the first floor which was fine, but I did hear traffic to the pool, and several nigh...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank thespottedtraveler
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Stayed 2 nights, internet was inoperative except in lobby, desk clerk assisted with finding a charger for cell phone, very comfortable bed, air temperature was not easy to adjust (too warm - I sound like Goldi-locks), room was clean and shower/bathroom very nice. Restaurant had good food, comfortable atmosphere, reasonable price. One elevator was inoperative.

I would go back again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Lead63
Reviewed January 22, 2012

An overall great experience. The room was comfortable, quiet, and nicely decorated. Staff was efficient and organized. The bed was very comfortable and I was able to get the room temperature right for me. Priority Club members receive some perks on check-in. The ongoing construction was not a problem and they seemed to be almost done. Free wi-fi helped me get my work done. My one "eh" moment was there are very few tv channels, but I would give that up for a quiet and comfortable experience any day.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank BicoastalCa
Reviewed January 20, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a business trip. While the serviceis great, and the hotel food here is among the best I have gotten in a business traveler hotel class hotel, twice, my shower steam set off the fire alarm. When it happened the firat time, they said it would be fixed, when it happened again the last day, I realized that they dint bother.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed January 6, 2012

I always read reviews before going anywhere and this place seemed pretty good and inexpensive. We stayed here for just one night for a wedding and thank goodness, I don't think I would have stayed here for another. The hotel is still "under construction" so expect a lot of unfinished things, like elevators breaking down and no working soda or water machines. I was pleasantly surprised with the decor of the place just don't look to closely past the surface- our towels and floors were dirty and there was no soap or shampoo in the bathroom, not to mention the walls are paper thin. Overall the hotel was very cheap to stay at- if you can I would find another hotel, if you can't don't stay at this one too long.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank JTheriot
Reviewed December 25, 2011

After a long trip it was very nice to stay at this hotel. Newly remodled, nice beds, nice rooms, nice employees. Would recomend to everyone. Hotwire rate was great....

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family