“Stay was just okay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Sydney, Australia
“Stay was just okay”
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

We were a walk in for a one night stay on a road trip. Check in was okay but not particularly friendly. The room was spacious and comfortable bed and clean. Although the location is great for old Sacramento it is right next to a shopping mall which felt a bit seedy and didn't feel comfortable walking through there. It is a conference centre as well so lots of conference attendees and we found people walking back to their room late at night were noisy and didn't seem to care about the other guests. Although okay, wouldn't return or recommend.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Sacramento-Capitol Plaza, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear CD323,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the rooms.

However, We’re sorry about the noise caused by the conference during your stay. I understand the discomfort this caused you. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel.
We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed March 23, 2013

For me service is one of the more important aspects of a hotel. Late at night, before going to bed at a foreign spot, I want to be treated like I should be there. One of the girls who work the desk there, Denisha I believe, needs to learn that lesson. She is extremely rude and quit frankly I don't understand how she still works in the service industry. Holiday Inn Corporate should take a look at her.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Lizjqh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sacramento-Capitol Plaza, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Guest,
I appreciate your comments regarding one of our associates. Our goal is to exceed the guest expectations and I apologize that we were unsuccessful in reaching that goal with you. Your comments will be shared and addressed accordingly. I hope you will consider giving us the opportunity to be of better service to you in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Sacramento hotels

Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a business meeting March 2013 and it was nice. The rooms were clean, the front desk service service was fine, and I liked the location. It's about a mile from The Capital but doable if you are in ok shape. It was VERY (just outside of the hotel is an underpass which takes you right there) close to Old Town Sac which has some shops, bars, and restaurants. There is also a small mall just as close with a Macys and a Starbucks, but I didn't check it out so I'm not sure what else was there. The hotel itself has a bar that stays open until 2am but the kitchen closes at 10 or 11 pm. There are several other restaurants close by as well, but I don't recommend the Riverside Brewing Co. In the mall for anything other than beer and apps. The dinner was rated horrible by several people, myself included and I'm not too picky. I didn't eat at the restaurant in the hotel....

Tip: become a priority club member and you will get 2 drink coupons at the bar and 2 coffee and tea coupons for the restaurant.

• Stayed March 2013
Lizjqh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sacramento-Capitol Plaza, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for the nice review. We appreciate your comments about the location. We believe it is one of the better locaitons as you can enjoy walking outside the hotel. Great comment about our freguent stay program, Priority Club. It does allow our guest extra perks. We hope to see you back again soon.
Sacramento, California
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Amazing Hotel. Especially Dan. The staff was great, the room was clean... the restaurant downstairs was very good with great service. The service desk was incredibly helpful and the valet service was prompt. I would choose this hotel again for sure.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Van Horne, Iowa
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I stayed here while attended a conference with several hundred people for the whole week. The staff was really accommodating and went out of the way for us. They have a great in house restaurant and a cozy bar, which also has good food. Rooms were comfortable and well kept. I also liked the 24 hour fitness center stocked with good equipment.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed March 3, 2013

This is an older hotel and it shows it age. It's adequate and priced ok but in the current age of hotels that have really stepped up their game and providing nice updated interiors and amenities, this hotel needs to get with the program. The beds and rooms are ok, the gym is ok, the restaurant is ok...but well behind newer and other newly renovated properties in the area. Location wise, there is plenty to do around as its location downtown is within easy walking distance from many things to do and see.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Lizjqh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sacramento-Capitol Plaza, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for your comments about the hotel. We appreciate your candor and will take them into consideration during our next renovation. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the location and hope we have an opportunity to see you again.
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Sacramento last week and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The lobby was nice, the rooms were great and it was peaceful and relaxing. The best part was the room was clean, there were no issues and when I had a question about something on my bill it was answered with professionalism and kindness. Something that the Crowne Plaza Sacramento couldn't do for me when I was there a couple of weeks back.

I loved the view from my room to the Old Sacramento area, which was very nice. The Cypress Grill had great service and food.

One of my favorite things of being a Priority Club Member I'm a platinum member is having the best rate guarantee when I travel. I do thoroughly enjoy my stays at most IHG properties. I appreciate the staff when I go to stay at IHG properties, and the Holiday Inn Sacramento is no different. It reminds me so much why I love staying at IHG properties and the staff that I meet on my travels for the most part are wonderful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Lizjqh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sacramento-Capitol Plaza, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Wow! Thank you so much for the glowing review. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again soon. Liz T.