Holiday Inn Sacramento Downtown - Arena
  • Room Service
Hyatt Regency Sacramento(Sacramento)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsthe holiday inncapitol plazaold sacramentogreat locationwalking distancehotel restaurantself parkingfront desk stafftrain museumhigh floorroom was spacious and cleanbusiness centerthe riverair conditionervaletfreewaydowntown
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Always great customer service especially at the Cypress Grill. Staff is very friendly and attentive. The hotel is located at the end of the downtown mall and next to Old Sacramento. Great place to stay if you're traveling for business and need to be downtown.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I stayed here a few years ago before they renovated so when I could not get into my usual hotel in Sacramento I decided to try this property again.

The front desk and all the service staff here are great, well trained and happy, good sign.

Bad sign is the really outdated interior rooms and in my opinion lacking in imagination for a downtown location in a capitol city. Just my opinion. And the rates are comparable to the "other" flag hotels.

The food is standard fare and fairly tasteless. Again, a great opportunity lost.

Having said all that it is well located, safe and clean.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Ghostrider5408
Lizjqh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sacramento Downtown - Arena, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Thank you for your review. It is nice to hear the positive comments about the staff. We try to ensure we make our guest feel welcome. Your comments regarding the rooms and restaurant will be taken seriously and we will work to make improvements. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

I stayed at the Holiday Inn in Sacramento and also my company hosted a two-day meeting there. I was very surprised by the awesome look and feel of the hotel and the staff was completely amazing to work with. Everyone gave great customer service and went above and beyond of anything I asked to be done during the meeting or while staying there. Meeting room was beautiful and the food from catering was great! This is a must do if you want to stay in Sacramento and also hold a meeting.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for the great review. This review will be shared with the team and from all of us we hope to see you again.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

I found the level of service at this hotel be extremely high in comparison to many other Holiday Inn hotels.
Valet Parking was easy and not expensive. Upon check in as a platinum member I was invited as a guest to the concierge lounge as well as a couple of free drinks vouchers! Bonus!
The staff were all great and the room 'typical' holiday inn standards as well as being good and clean.
Location is second to none to visit Old Sacramento, which is a must when stopping here.
If I was to be critical breakfast could be improved...but then I am English and not a big fan of American breakfast anyways....but no worries Starbucks less than 100 yds away!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Lizjqh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sacramento Downtown - Arena, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Thank you for your positive comments about the hotel. We love to hear when a guest had a positive experience. We will also review your comments about breakfast with the culinary team. We hope you have an opportunity to visit again.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I am part of a service organization that held an annual conference for about 150 women at the Holiday Inn Sacramento-Capitol Plaza. Walking distance to Old Sacramento and Downtown Plaza was a primary reason for choosing this location. However, we were also extremely pleased with the comfortable and clean accomodations, friendly staff (at all levels), and excellent banquet food! The entire staff was so accomodating to our needs and made the weekend event a success. Special thanks to Armando of the bell staff, Colleen & Seth who took care of everyone at the bar, and JJ who was there each day to check to see how things were going. The meal at dinner was raved about by our guests, and they were especially pleased with the fabulous brunch buffet. Overall a great experience and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone considering a vacation or conference.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Lizjqh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sacramento Downtown - Arena, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Thank you for the nice comments. It is always a pleasure when an event goes well. This review will be shared and the associates recognized for a job well done. Look forward to seeing your group again.