Holiday Inn Sacramento Downtown - Arena
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$159
  • Room Service
$198
$186
$89
All reviewsthe holiday inncapitol plazaold sacramentogreat locationexecutive floorwalking distancehotel restaurantself parkingfront desk stafftrain museumhigh floorroom was spacious and cleanamtrak stationbusiness centerthe riverair conditionernice stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I found the level of service at this hotel be extremely high in comparison to many other Holiday Inn hotels.
Valet Parking was easy and not expensive. Upon check in as a platinum member I was invited as a guest to the concierge lounge as well as a couple of free drinks vouchers! Bonus!
The staff were all great and the room 'typical' holiday inn standards as well as being good and clean.
Location is second to none to visit Old Sacramento, which is a must when stopping here.
If I was to be critical breakfast could be improved...but then I am English and not a big fan of American breakfast anyways....but no worries Starbucks less than 100 yds away!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Lizjqh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sacramento Downtown - Arena, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Thank you for your positive comments about the hotel. We love to hear when a guest had a positive experience. We will also review your comments about breakfast with the culinary team. We hope you have an opportunity to visit again.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I am part of a service organization that held an annual conference for about 150 women at the Holiday Inn Sacramento-Capitol Plaza. Walking distance to Old Sacramento and Downtown Plaza was a primary reason for choosing this location. However, we were also extremely pleased with the comfortable and clean accomodations, friendly staff (at all levels), and excellent banquet food! The entire staff was so accomodating to our needs and made the weekend event a success. Special thanks to Armando of the bell staff, Colleen & Seth who took care of everyone at the bar, and JJ who was there each day to check to see how things were going. The meal at dinner was raved about by our guests, and they were especially pleased with the fabulous brunch buffet. Overall a great experience and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone considering a vacation or conference.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Lizjqh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sacramento Downtown - Arena, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Thank you for the nice comments. It is always a pleasure when an event goes well. This review will be shared and the associates recognized for a job well done. Look forward to seeing your group again.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Old Sacramento was walking distance (to the right) and a mall was walking distance (to the left.) Many food choices in this area. Peeps working at this hotel were very nice and tried to accomadate.

The only thing that kind of bothered us was that it is required to pay for all parking--$14.00 a day.
$16.00 a day for valet service. I don't recall seeing this additional cost on the website. Maybe all CA hotels charge for parking. ??

We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We chose this hotel because of its location - walking distance from old sacremento and right next to the capital plaza mall.

We stayed in the standard room - No complaints about anything - Room was spacious and clean. Very nice.

Staff were friendly and service was good. Got late checkout when we requested it - Parking was $14 a day which was good value and wifi was free.

Overall a great stay

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Capitol Plaza in Downtown Sacramento. I originally chose this hotel not only because I prefer IHG hotels, but also due to its downtown location and being able to walk to restaurants for a dinner meeting. The location really is great. The hotel is part of the Downtown Plaza Mall complex and is right across from Old Sac.
Check-In and was fast and friendly and due to my Platinum Priority Club status, I was upgraded to a room on the Executive Club floor. The rooms have been recently renovated and featured typical Holiday Inn standard furnishings and bed linens. I liked that the hotel had a nice workdesk and fast free WiFi, which is always a pleasure. The bathroom was very nice and had a pretty good shower. My only complaint is that the water pressure in the sink was unusually low, which made it really hard to shave . It's funny because the water pressure in the shower was perfect.
In the morning I decided to try the lounge on the Executive Floor for the free "continental breakfast" they were offering. While the lounge was pleasant with a nice view of downtown Sacramento, the food selection was pretty terrible and the lounge host was just....weird. There was a nice bowl of fruit and good coffee/tea, but that is pretty much it. There were a few nasty muffins and 2 boxes of fruit loops, and that is it! No toast, no bagels, nada. Then the host talked THE ENTIRE time I was in there about heavy metal music and his band, and while he was being nice, all I wanted was to sit quietly and work.
Overall, this was a good stay and I would come back again!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Lizjqh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sacramento Downtown - Arena, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Thank you for sharing your comments on the hotel. We love that you enjoyed the location, we think it gives our customers alot of choices. Also appreciate your comments on the Executive floor attendant as we will use your comments for positive coaching.