New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices
Ranked #46 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
Fort Gratiot, Michigan
“Filthy”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

The carpet was filthy, if you a walked barefoot your feet were black. The room smelled. the frig was dirty...there was someone elses hair on the bathroom floor....the whole place was old and outdated the air conditioner did not work and it was 90 degrees outside. The door did not shut properly and it had to be slammed and then would not open. spiders were everywhere

Room Tip: do not stay here
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Lisa M, General Manager at Lexington Inn & Suites- Sacramento Cal Expo, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. We have professionally cleaned all room carpets at the hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

My stay at this hotel was great. Looking at the pictures online, I wasn't sure but after talking to Angie on the phone and during my stay it exceed all my expectations.

The staff, were helpful, the location is central to the huge mall and sites.

The hotel is clean and would rate as a high 3 standards for the price point worth it.

Thanks again

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay, and appreciated are staff and there service. Hope to see you again soon.
Mobile, Alabama, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

This is not a 4 or 5 star hotel. Let's establish that from the start. It's an aging property in a transitional part of town. However, unlike many similar hotels, it still manages to provide a good product.

The first thing that caught my eye about this hotel was the price. It was lower than anything else around, which intrigued me and put me on guard. Then, I looked at the reviews on Trip Advisor and saw that there were a lot of good, recent ones. So, I decided to give it a try as it was inexpensive and close to where I was going for business.

The staff was friendly and courteous and seemed to like their jobs and care about their guests. That puts them ahead of a lot of places. My room was kind of small and a little dated, but it was clean and the bed was comfortable. The free breakfast each morning contained eggs, sausage, hash browns, a waffle maker, and a variety of fruit, cereal, and breads. The free wifi worked most of the time and was not too slow like some hotels. There are apparently a variety of rooms from regular rooms like I stayed in, to suites with a kitchenette.

The biggest negative I saw was that it lacked an elevator. Parking was a little tight, and I wouldn't leave anything in your car as the area around the hotel appeared to be a little sketchy at night. There are lots of restaurants around; Red Lobster, Outback Steakhouse, and Pete's Coffee are right across the street. Plus, the mall is very close too. The hotel is about 20 minutes from the airport and 20 minutes from downtown.

Again, it's not fancy, but I would stay here again. You definitely get your money's worth. It's obvious that the management cares about hiring people that care which says a lot given how often you don't see that. Give it a try if you're nearby!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Ben B
Lisa M, General Manager at Lexington Inn & Suites- Sacramento Cal Expo, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay, and the value of our hotel. We are in the process of doing some upgrades to help boost that value for our guest such as you. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.
Salinas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on September 19th for a 1 night stay. We reserved 1 king bed with suite. When we checked into our Room 119, we discovered there was only 1/4 roll of toilet paper and no bar soap to wash hands or take a shower. When we used the bathroom toilet and flushed it, it made this awful loud noise like letting air out of a balloon. It lasted for 1 minute before it stopped. My husband called the front desk to report it. We were told housekeeping would bring bar of soap and toilet paper. Housekeeping and maintenance never showed several hours later. Husband went to front desk to complain again. Manager apologized for the inconvenience and gave us bar of soap and toilet paper. Other than the minor inconvenience, our room and overall stay was very satisfied. We would stay again.

Room Tip: Choose Room 119 when booking reservation for a king size bed with living room suite. Very quiet cor...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joanne N
Lisa M, General Manager at Lexington Inn & Suites- Sacramento Cal Expo, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I do have to apologize for not exceeding you expectations during your stay. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay overall and hope to see you again soon
San Jose, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised to have such warm customer service at late hour. Special mention of the young gentleman Sushant in the front office. Was very quick to check us in one of the suite queen bedroom. He even helped to warm my daughters food at that late hour. Room was very clean and bed was comfortable indeed.Unlike lot of other hotels internet speed was way better. Convenient location with wide range of restaurant options nearby.Wake up call service was of great help. They even honored late check out.Will recommend this brand to all my friends and family.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jay B
Lisa M, General Manager at Lexington Inn & Suites- Sacramento Cal Expo, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed are stay, and enjoyed our wonderful customer service. We are priding ourselves on leading the industry by providing the best service. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

It is definitely one of my favorite hotel I stayed in recently. Not just because of the affordable price, but because of the extra attention and prompt service provided by the staff of this hotel.
I was checked inn by this young lady, Angie, who was really friendly and had a smile on her face throughout the whole check in procedure.
I was in room 219, it was a nice suite for the low price. However, did not have a flat screen in it but I will not take an owl eye away for that as I was told that they are soon upgrading the screens.

Their security guy, Randy is definitely the most hard working guy I have ever seen because I noticed him working all the time when I was on the property and I must say that he is doing a terrific job.
Sush at the desk was helpful by suggesting some local restaurants and he also gave me some coupons for the outback steakhouse, which gave me a free appetizer. It was really nice of him.

The breakfast is for free and its not a continental, its a HOT breakfast which was pretty decent.

I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone, who needs to look at their pocket but also wants an outstanding service!

Room Tip: The suites near the pool!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Allen S
Lisa M, General Manager at Lexington Inn & Suites- Sacramento Cal Expo, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Sushant, Angie and Randy are the reason our business is successful. Our staff members love their job, and they go above and beyond to make sure all our guests are treated as family. We hope to see you again very soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

The Desk Clerk Danelle Was Great. She Took The Time To Ask Me If I Was Okay Because I.didnt Look So Great. I Told Her I Did Chemo Twice A Week And She Took A Real Concern. If I Needed Anything She Made She I Got It. She Always Smiles. Now When I CoMe In Every Week She Knows Who I Am.This Is The Place I Come To After My Chemo Treatments. I Get A Great Night Sleep. Thanks To Her And The Great Night Staff.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank TiffaniTouchdtone
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Danielle is a great asset to our company and we are lucky to have her. We look forward to seeing you next week.