“Worth every penny”
Review of Arden Star Hotel

Arden Star Hotel
Ranked #44 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed August 4, 2013

A very organised and humble team. The view from my room of the pool was breathtaking.
It was my first time in the town. The front desk employee , Sushant was very helpful with suggesting restaurants and giving accurate directions. On whole, it was a pleasant journey. Worth a second stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Anushree M
Lisa M, General Manager at Arden Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad you took note of our wonderful pool area. Sushant is a great employee and, with his help we are leading our team to success. Thank you so much for your review and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

In general, Quality Inn and Suites is a nice place with highly trained staff members. Concerning the staff, Sushant from the front desk is doing a great job. I will recommend the place to friends and family members as well. Keep up the good work!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Marko S
Lisa M, General Manager at Arden Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I have to agree with you Sushant ,is an awesome employee and does a great job. We are lucky to have him. He is helping us lead the way to superior customer service. We all hope to see you again in the near future. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

All that could go wrong in my day did,I was forced to take my wife and kids to a room. After a long day of dealing with people and there bad attitude one person to the next as if they were all working in the same office and the goal of the day is to see how many people we can crap on an make miserable. Danielle at Quality inn (Sacramento) you are the best! Just being able to get a warm friendly smile and respect while spending my hard earned moneys man...good old fashion customer service makes a 3 star in your mind become a 5 star in your experience. Thanks a lot Danielle for reminding me that there are people who still take pride in there job, and care about how important the first impression really is and the BIG difference you can make on remembering the little things still count. Thanks from my family for the feeling of home when not at home!

Room Tip: Put me were you would want to be.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lynn P
Lisa M, General Manager at Arden Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank for reviewing our hotel. Danielle is one of our newest staff members, but has been a great fit and we are lucky to have her. We pride ourselves on providing the best customer service possible. Thank you for your comments and we all hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

The staff was rude on arrival. The front desk clerk "Danielle" was extremely rude. We had to wait an hour to check in, which is understandable since we were early. But we were brushed off while others came around the same time and were given the time to have their reservation looked up. There was an incident with a departing guest who felt she was being overcharged and "Danielle" was extremely unprofessional and rude to the guest as well.
We stayed for one night and we were hoping to use the pool. When we arrived at the pool only one other guest was using it, which made sense because it was borderline green and murky. Also there is no elevator in a two story hotel?! We were lucky we were on the first floor. Even though the price was reasonable I would NOT recommend staying here even for one night!
Parking is very limited and it looked like it's shared with the strip mall next door. The room was clean with an outdated television. I tried to close the sliding closet door and it almost fell off the railing. Overall do not book a room here!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank RubenB74
Lisa M, General Manager at Arden Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We have to apologize for not exceeding your expectations during your stay. We pride ourselves on customer service, as mentioned in our other reviews. I will be reevaluating our training program to make sure there are not areas where missing. Thank you again for your review and we hope you might consider staying with us again.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stay at this hotel during business travel. Customer service is always impeccable. One of my favorite reps is Aashni. She is always pleasant and seems to know what I need before asking. Aashni should be commended for her attention to detail and excellent customer service! Also, if you experience any problems, the staff is always extremely accommodating. Because of their initiative to ensure your stay is as comfortable as possible, I would definitely recommend this hotel for business or vacation travel..

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank RRM12
Lisa M, General Manager at Arden Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service. I have to agree with you Aashnie is great, and we are lucky to have her as part of our staff. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I went to my new job for training and I had two hotels to choose from and one I'm a long time member but I chose QI because it was literally walking distance & I had a personal recommendation. They didn't have the fax authorization from my travel website and Sushant was awesome and realizing that even though it wasn't his company's fault and he had room availability he offered me an upgrade knowing I will be coming back. So for that they get a 5 star, What brings it back to a 4 is some of the room is dated, it's clean, but they could use bigger towels and better soaps and shampoo. So if the service remains and cleanliness I'lll Be back many times otherwise I'll be going down the street.

Room Tip: Listen to Sushant he will stir you in the right direction.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Lisa M, Guest Relations Manager at Arden Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We are in the process of upgrading the rooms at the hotel. Sushant is a great, and we are really lucky to have him. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

I was so happy with my experience, I returned to the Howe Street Quality Inn twice after my initial stay. I will always stay there when I return to Sacramento.

While I absolutely recommend the Howe Street Quality Inn for its superior Customer Service, and quality of management, Aashni's professional follow up and responsiveness to my needs were the highlight of my last stay.

Lisa, The Manager, surprised me with her "go above and beyond the call of duty." She was subtle, but extended customer service that I didn't expect and would not have requested. That alone set this hotel apart.

The "Security/Do-It-All" person, Randy, added to my sense of safety and comfort. With the help of his wife, he seemed to care far more about guests' comfort and peace of mind than would be expected. Sincere. Hard working.

Like, Aashni's "go-the-extra-mile" professional customer service during the Day, Emily and Suchand were like personal hosts; not "employees" just putting in time for a paycheck.

I noticed each one of these three treat every single person with respect, keep cool under pressure and do more than asked to provide a "quality experience." I felt great being around them.

Only one issue came up, which could have become a challenge. Housekeeping, on occasion, did not tend to my room as I liked. Thanks to Aashni's astute perception, I did not need to put my energy into solving this. I am so thankful Aashni made this easy for me by being observant and taking initiative. She seems to have an intuition about unexpressed customer needs, at least she did with me.

What a terrific team! Thanks for surprising me with your excellence.

This hotel is my number #1 choice when I travel to Sacramento.

rkcontracts@gmail.com

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Lisa M, Guest Relations Manager at Arden Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We try our best to set ourselves apart when it comes to customer service, and it’s great to hear that it’s working. We are grateful to have all our staff members work so hard to make sure all guest receive VIP service. It helps to motivate all of us when we receive such good feedback from our guest. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you again soon.