“Hoops Visit” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lexington Inn & Suites Sacramento Cal Expo

You added Lexington Inn & Suites Sacramento Cal Expo to your Saves list
Lexington Inn & Suites Sacramento Cal Expo
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1413 Howe Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95825-3203 (Formerly Expo Inn & Suites At Cal Expo)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Stay & Save 15%
Ranked #51 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
Fortuna, CA
“Hoops Visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

The hospitality was fantastic at this hotel. The manager, Miss Juneli was over the top to help me with my experience during my stay. The gym has some new equipment which is a nice addition. I was here when it was a Best Western and all the gym equipment was broken. The full breakfast is pretty good. But they should do something different about the eggs. Overall, I like this hotel and will come here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Lisa M, Guest Relations Manager at Lexington Inn & Suites Sacramento Cal Expo, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Juneli is a great asset to are company, and we are great full to have her. We have done some upgrades and its great to know our guest are noticing. Thank you again and we all hope to see you soon.

Lake Elsinore, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My on-line reservation landed me at Quality Inn & Suites at Cal Expo, a place I had never stayed before, located on a stretch of busy Howe Avenue near Cal Expo in Sacramento, CA.

What a great accidental find! All of the staff, from the front desk to housekeeping were amazing, professional, attentive, helpful, friendly and helpful. My room, 214, faced the parking lot and that concerned me. No problem, I slept like a log, the lot was secured at night and I could see my vehicle from my window.

By the way, the Continental Breakfast is beyond my expectations. The scent of sausage freshly prepared, the large bowl of fresh fruit, waffles, scrambled and hardboiled eggs, yogurt, need I say something for everyone and it is served for several hours.

Due to the need to get on the road quite early, I checked out at 4:30 am and the front desk staff was just as sweet when left as they were when I arrived. I'll be back.

Room Tip: Let the staff know your needs and you will be given a room to suite you and encouraged to let them k...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank newinelsinore
Lisa M, Guest Relations Manager at Lexington Inn & Suites Sacramento Cal Expo, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Thank you so much for noticing all the changes we have implemented. From the re training or are staff, to upgrading to a full hot breakfast. We hope we might see you again in the near future and thank you again for staying with us.
Sacramento, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Denise, Lisa, Juneli, Alejandra, Katie, Garish, & Gueremo are the best assets of this location. The family suite I was in (room 117) was badly in need of repairs. The window would not close in the living room area, I repaired myself, the fridge did not cool, I lost $50 of food, the replacement fridge, brought on the 3rd day, was less capacity & did not fit under cabinets, carpet strip was not fastened correctly & my wife tripped on it, screws were removed to eliminate trip hazard, tv 1st bdrm not working, repaired after 5 days, tv 2nd bdrm went out with no picture was replaced with old clunky tv 3 days later. I saw a rat on 2 different occasions & was told by another guest he was placed in a different room after seeing rat in unit 119 which is adjacent to my unit.The electrical outlets were not useable in several locations. This entire unit needs a major overhaul. I was told this unit was closed for remodeling after I left. I was in a situation where I was not able to move to another location as my wife is in the final stages of COPD & is not able to function in a normal manner. My home was being repaired due to water damage & was uninhabital for 35 days. Overall the unit was barely liveable but the personnel were very accommodating & made the stay as enjoyable as possible. The hot breakfast was the best thing going here but eggs were not available on 3 days in a row & no hashbrowns once. Housekeeping did not deliver needed linens on several occasions. Check other options before staying in this unit room 117.

Room Tip: Inspect your room prior to paying.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Lisa M, Guest Relations Manager at Lexington Inn & Suites Sacramento Cal Expo, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we do realize you had some maintenance issues during your stay. As you said the room has been placed out of market to have the necessary repairs done to the room. It is hard to get into a room to that is occupied to do repairs especially when the guest has limitations. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon
San Francisco
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

This is NOT a bad hotel! When my online service booked me in, I checked the reviews and found some scathing indictments. I mean really harsh. I went ahead and kept the reservation and everything went well. Clean room, fairly new linens, good mattress and nice people who clearly wanted me to enjoy my stay. I got good work done and slept like a baby. Thing is, this is a pretty old property that doesn’t seem to have had a major upgrade since its construction (I would guess mid 1960s). However, they are replacing things as they go along and they seem to be trying. If travelers want the Ritz-Carlton, they’re gonna have to pay for it!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Lisa M, Guest Relations Manager at Lexington Inn & Suites Sacramento Cal Expo, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank for taking the time to review our hotel. I do agree we are an older hotel and we are doing some up dates. It was great to hear that are staff was great and made you fell welcomed. We hope to see you again when you visit Sacramento.
Grants Pass, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I am a musician and forgot my guitar pic to practice my Christmas show. I asked Kiyanna and Julia at the front desk clerks if they could please look to see if there was like a plastic bread clip that i could use but these two brought not just one but two make shift guitar pics. I was able to practice in my room because of these awsomw people. Thank You again Kiyana and Julia you both deserve a raise in my book. When I travel I will be looking to stau at other quality Inns in the

Room Tip: All the rooms were great......
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Lisa M, Guest Relations Manager at Lexington Inn & Suites Sacramento Cal Expo, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you so much taking the time to review our hotel. It’s great to hear that Kiyana and Julia took such great care of you during your stay. We are focusing on providing are guests with superior customer service. Thank you again for your review.
Hope, British Columbia, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

my husband and I checked into this hotel last week late at night and were glad of a place to stay. We unloaded our things and were relaxing a bit on the bed. I noticed a dead earwig under the bedspread and when I investigated further discovered bugs under the covers as well. Needless to say we packed up super quickly and checked out. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone....it is dirty and in disrepair. Quality Inn should be ashamed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Trisha K
Lisa M, Guest Relations Manager at Lexington Inn & Suites Sacramento Cal Expo, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are sorry you had an issue with bugs in your room. We have regular weekly pest service, and never had a problem with bugs before. We hope you might come back and see us again in the future.
Fremont, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

The following did not work: door lock (dead battery), shower (stuck on way hot), phone, WiFi, toilet (clogged and had bugs in it).
The pool was filthy, the jacuzzi was filthy and cold and not working.
We had to move rooms once, almost twice.
They kept running out of food and utensils at breakfast.
STAY AWAY!!!

Room Tip: The WiFi does not work in the Excutive Suites building.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank tlschlag
Lisa M, Guest Relations Manager at Lexington Inn & Suites Sacramento Cal Expo, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I do have to apologize for not exceeding your expatiations. I have brought your complaints to my staff’s attention, and we are working to resolve some of your issues. I do apologize again and hope you might give us another chance in the future