“This is NOT a bad property!”
Review of Arden Star Hotel

Arden Star Hotel
Ranked #42 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
San Francisco
“This is NOT a bad property!”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

This is NOT a bad hotel! When my online service booked me in, I checked the reviews and found some scathing indictments. I mean really harsh. I went ahead and kept the reservation and everything went well. Clean room, fairly new linens, good mattress and nice people who clearly wanted me to enjoy my stay. I got good work done and slept like a baby. Thing is, this is a pretty old property that doesn’t seem to have had a major upgrade since its construction (I would guess mid 1960s). However, they are replacing things as they go along and they seem to be trying. If travelers want the Ritz-Carlton, they’re gonna have to pay for it!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Lisa M, Guest Relations Manager at Arden Star Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank for taking the time to review our hotel. I do agree we are an older hotel and we are doing some up dates. It was great to hear that are staff was great and made you fell welcomed. We hope to see you again when you visit Sacramento.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Grants Pass, Oregon, United States
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I am a musician and forgot my guitar pic to practice my Christmas show. I asked Kiyanna and Julia at the front desk clerks if they could please look to see if there was like a plastic bread clip that i could use but these two brought not just one but two make shift guitar pics. I was able to practice in my room because of these awsomw people. Thank You again Kiyana and Julia you both deserve a raise in my book. When I travel I will be looking to stau at other quality Inns in the

Room Tip: All the rooms were great......
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Lisa M, Guest Relations Manager at Arden Star Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you so much taking the time to review our hotel. It’s great to hear that Kiyana and Julia took such great care of you during your stay. We are focusing on providing are guests with superior customer service. Thank you again for your review.
Hope, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed October 18, 2012

my husband and I checked into this hotel last week late at night and were glad of a place to stay. We unloaded our things and were relaxing a bit on the bed. I noticed a dead earwig under the bedspread and when I investigated further discovered bugs under the covers as well. Needless to say we packed up super quickly and checked out. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone....it is dirty and in disrepair. Quality Inn should be ashamed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Trisha K
Lisa M, Guest Relations Manager at Arden Star Hotel, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are sorry you had an issue with bugs in your room. We have regular weekly pest service, and never had a problem with bugs before. We hope you might come back and see us again in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Sacramento hotels

Fremont, California
Reviewed October 8, 2012

The following did not work: door lock (dead battery), shower (stuck on way hot), phone, WiFi, toilet (clogged and had bugs in it).
The pool was filthy, the jacuzzi was filthy and cold and not working.
We had to move rooms once, almost twice.
They kept running out of food and utensils at breakfast.
STAY AWAY!!!

Room Tip: The WiFi does not work in the Excutive Suites building.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank tlschlag
Lisa M, Guest Relations Manager at Arden Star Hotel, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I do have to apologize for not exceeding your expatiations. I have brought your complaints to my staff’s attention, and we are working to resolve some of your issues. I do apologize again and hope you might give us another chance in the future
Fontana, California, United States
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We and some friends were in town recently for the Harley Davidson California State Rally. This hotel was one of our choices and we booked it before it changed from Best Western. First of all, it was very hot and the air conditioning was off. In fact, in the suite we had, the only air conditioning we had was a fan. Second, our key did not work. We had it rekeyed, and it worked once and then did not work again. In fact, the master key did not work and the new night clerk ( he had only been there one week) had to get a handyman to break into our room so that we could get our things and move to another room. Ice machine was out in our building. Laundry facilities were out of order and the spa didn't work (was cold). As you can see, most of the amenities that were advertized were not available. Since it was late, we decided it was too difficult to leave that night but cancelled our second night. Morning breakfast was awful. Rubbery hard boiled eggs and frozen egg patties..who does that? We complained to the day manager and we did get a full refund. They have a lot of work to do before we would ever go back there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Julie D
Lisa M, Guest Relations Manager at Arden Star Hotel, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I do have to apologize for the inconvenience that was cause during your stay. I am glad you notified us at check out so we were able to refund your stay. Are commitment to your satisfaction is very important. I do hope you will give us another chance in the near future.
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I was there on family trip. when I checked in clerk was friendly. They treated me as a regular when it was only my first time there.Room was clean. Alejandra, I think her name sure was one of the Executive Housemaid was very helpful, I definitely like to thank for awesome job. Room was very clean. Great staff. Very friendly. Will come back again.

• Stayed September 2012
lisamagana, Manager at Arden Star Hotel, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. It s not often that the housekeeping department is recognized for their hard work. I will let Alejandra know how much you appreciated her help. Once again thank for your review and we hope to see you again soon.
San Jose, California
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Having stayed at the Best Western Expo Inn for years, I was a little hesitant to reserve when I heard that the hotel had changed to Quality Inn & Suites one week before our arrival. But we took a chance and were glad we did.
We were pleased to find that they still offered a shuttle service from the Amtrak Depot on I Street. The van arrived promptly within minutes of our train arrival and Clyde was the most amicable driver. When we were ready to leave the next day, Clyde arrived 20 minutes early for us. Yes there is a $15 fee but believe me, it would have been much more if we had taken a cab. The shuttle will also take you to the State Fair and other big events at the Expo Fairgrounds as well.
Our $79 first-floor room facing the pool was perfect - spacious clean bedroom area and bath, comfy bed, nice kitchen area with a FULL-size refrigerator, lots of counter space, a sink and microwave, eating table and two chairs. We enjoyed having a room so close to the pool. Complimentary hot breakfast had quite a variety and plenty of seating in the lobby to relax. The staff at the front desk were courteous at all times. What more could you ask for.
Only two slight inconveneinces: the slow Internet service with the lobby computer. Also, some of the pool lounge chairs were solid wood with no seat cushions. Not too comfortable for lounging very long. But all in all, I would recommend staying at this convenient location - so many restaurants within walking distance to dine at - Red Lobster, Outback, Buca di Beppo, and a small shopping mall at the corner of Howe and Arden.

Room Tip: Choose the 2nd floor to avoid footsteps above you (which we did not mind but some people might)
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
lisamagana, Manager at Arden Star Hotel, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review. We are glad you enjoyed your service. I do have to agree with you about the wooden pool chairs. That is why we have replaced them with lounge chairs that are a lot more comfortable. On behalf of are entire staff we would like to thank you again and hope to see you again soon.