“A quiet refuge in a wonderful location”

Courtyard Sacramento Airport Natomas
Ranked #25 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed August 15, 2009

On a road trip headed south from Oregon, we used the POI feature on GPS to select a hotel near Interstate 5 on our southward trek. We checked into the Marriott Courtyard on a Friday evening. We had terrific help at the front desk and were given a quiet room on the 4th floor overlooking the pool. With breakfast the rate was an unbeatable $99.00, the lowest rate we paid on our Oregon/California trip. Nathaniel at the front desk suggested we head over to Pearl on the River, the Sacramento River that is, for dinner. It was great advice. We had a lovely dinner in a special spot and spent a quiet night in a comfy hotel with a huge bathroom and a good breakfast. A+ all the way.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wanderwomen
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Sacramento Airport Natomas

Reviewed August 2, 2009

Nice hotel with convenient access to airport. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the service was good.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2009

The rooms were clean and you could not hear the neighbors, but the air conditioner was very noisy. The site states premium linens, however I found them to be very average and the beds were not comfortable. I was very disapointed in the quality for $200.00 a night. I will look elsewhere on next trip.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank madmonkeygirl
Reviewed June 2, 2009

I expect good things from Marriott Courtyards especially since I'm a member of their rewards program, but was very pleasantly surprised to find this one in such a quiet and upscale area. The hotel is located in a little culdesac next to a business park and across the street from a very nice housing development. When I arrived at 9 p.m., it was amazingly quiet and calm. The lobby was immaculate, the room was huge with a sofa and coffee table, giant work area and lots of space. My balcony was a little small but it overlooked the grounds and pool area which was relaxing. The bathroom was fine (the lighting was a little dim) and the automated wake-up service on the phone didn't work (so I had to call the front desk directly). The only slightly disappointing thing was that the internet was wired and not WiFi. But really, that was a miniscule problem and definitely didn't make the stay bad at all!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed September 6, 2008

This hotel is a typical courtyard. Marriott does a good job of standardizing the Courtyards so you always know what to expect which is a pretty nice hotel with good amenities for business travelers and in our case for soccer tournamenters. What's neat about this Courtyard is its location, more or less on the levee of the American River which passes through Sacremento. Walk a couple hundred yards to the top of the levee, take a left and you will find a riverfront park which extends many miles to the west with walking and biking paths, picnic areas and boat launch ramps. Take a right and you will find restaurants and shops on the river. Downtown is more or less across the river and easily accessible by car.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2008

August 2008. Near 100 degree temperatures in Sacramento.
The Courtyard in the Natomas suburb of Northern Sacramento is near Interstate 5 and off of the Sacramento river. This property
is nestled among office buildings in a office park with mature trees all around. My check in was smooth and welcoming. There is a roomy lobby and breakfast area at the Natomas Courtyard. My room was on the top floor. This being an older property there were just a couple of elevators on opposite ends of the building. The property is a bit dated.

My room was average size Courtyard room with a small love seat.
My room was clean but it was a bit dated, this being older property. There was a mini fridge in the room which was a plus.
There was a television with a smaller amount of cable channels including HBO. The water pressure and temperature were fine.
My bed was comfortable and the room was quiet from outside noise despite the property being just West of Interstate 5. The A/C unit was bit noisy but it did keep the room cool.

I I used the small gym next to the swimming pool. There were two streadmills, eliptical trainer and recumbrent cycle. I used the featured room delivery service. I was average at best and I do not recommend it if you have vehicle. Just down the road along the river is the Tex-Mex chain - Chevys and also interestesting hole-in-the-wall called the Virgin Sturgeon. Which I can recommend as well as Chevys. Also down I-5 is downtown Sacramento with offers many choices.

We played golf in the Capay Valley. the World's largest grower of Organic crops. Over hour's drive West of Sacramento. We played at the Cache Creek Casino & Resort's new golf course called Yocha-De-He. While the surrounding environment is nice, the course is unspectular and othan 3 holes it is not very interesting course set-up. A bit overpriced and rated. The buffet resturant at Cache Creek was good!

The Courtyard Natomas is an option if you're want a property in the Natomas/Airport area but there are other choices: The Fairlfeld Inn, Natomas; which I have rated and recommend and the Hampton Inn, Natomas which I also have rated and recommend. I would recommend the Courtyard if your like brand and can obtain a good rate.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank SeminarTrekker
Reviewed July 28, 2008

Nice quiet Marriott Courtyard hotel. Very close to Interstate 5 but rarely heard road noise even though my room faced the highway. Friendly staff, reasonable room. Excellent wired Internet. Close to lots of entertainment, restaurants, down town, etc.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business