“Exellent one night stay”

Courtyard Sacramento Airport Natomas
Ranked #19 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
Susanville, California
“Exellent one night stay”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed one night on a Saturday. We literally made the reservation while driving on a last minute trip to visit family at a soccer tournament. The room was very clean, front desk personnel friendly and efficient. The only drawback was our room near an elevator lobby which got quite noisy at times, but didn't interrupt our sleep. For any future visit I would ask for a room away from the elevators. Aside from the small noise issue I would stay here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator lobbies.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Kelly V, General Manager at Courtyard Sacramento Airport Natomas, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
We are pleased to meet your overnight travel expectations and hope to be of service on your next trip. Thanks again for staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Douglasville, Georgia
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

I think I am staying in college dorm room. You can hear every door close. You can hear every conversation in the hall way. As a platinum member I ask for an upgrade but that seat was taken. So now I am stuck with a room right outside the pool. The hotel is nice but can't deal with the noise.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank billy7217
Kelly V, General Manager at Courtyard Sacramento Airport Natomas, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write us. We regret to learn your experience was less than expected. Please accept my apology. If you have the opportunity, please call me to discuss this matter with you personally. Thank you for choosing our hotel.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This is a great hotel for business travel. It is very convenient to the office park nearby (where I had depositions), and the airport. The hotel itself is pretty and comfortable. It was fully booked when I was there, and the staff still did a great job. There is on-site dining, and the food was quite good. I'd recommend the bbq chicken flatbread.

The best part of the stay was the free airport shuttle, and, in particular, the driver, Rakash. He is from Fiji and super nice. Also, even though it was a business trip and transportation is reimburseable, it was nice to save the client the $30+ cab fare.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Kelly V, General Manager at Courtyard Sacramento Airport Natomas, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank for sharing your recent experience at our hotel. We review all comments with our staff and I know they will be pleased to hear your positive comments. Thank you for staying with us.
OSHKOSH
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

Overall my stay was fine. The room was clean, bed and pillows comfy. Nice that I was asked what floor I wanted to be on so I could select the top 4th floor. A bit noisy on the weekend with sports teams staying. The gym was well equipped but didn't get cleaned over the weekend. Chips and other trash on the floor from weekend pool partyers. Coffee provided but not a breakfast.

• Stayed May 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to share your comments with us. Your comments will be shared in regular service meetings with our staff. Thank you for staying with us, we hope to be of service should your travels bring you to Sacramento once again.
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed at the Courtyard Sacramento Airport Natomas for 1 night in April 2013, after cancelling my second night (and then cancelling an upcoming reservation in June). Unfortunately there were more negatives than positives for this hotel. Although helpful, all of the staff I encountered seemed bored, unfriendly, and did not go out of their way to help guests. When checking in, I specifically asked for a quiet room. The desk clerk proceeded to give me the noisiest room in the hotel, facing the pool area and the chairs/tables in the courtyard. She had told me it would be quiet, but by 7:30 pm there were a dozen children screaming and jumping in the pool and a huge crowd of people sitting outside in the chairs drinking alcohol, laughing, and being rather loud. It was a Friday night and I figured they would be out there all night, so I went back to the front desk and changed rooms to a quiet room on the fourth floor facing the back. This room was quiet, but it was kind of dirty--a rubber hair band on the floor and a hair on the bathroom floor. I opened the sliding door for a few minutes and immediately 6 huge mosquitos flew in, which I had to spend 15 minutes trying to take care of so I wouldn't be bit all night. The hotel is located in a business park, which is surrounded by trees and very pretty and serene, but with all of the rowdy and loud guests, it was not really a place for rest or relaxation. I would recommend trying one of the other hotels in the area because the staff here aren't too interested in customer service and have no idea what it means to give someone a "quiet" room. It's really a shame, I could see this being a great place and as nice as the other Courtyard Marriots in which I have stayed.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, ask to face the back of the hotel, not the courtyard with drunk, rowdy guests and...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Kelly V, General Manager at Courtyard Sacramento Airport Natomas, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write us about your recent experience. We share guest comments with our staff to review quality of services delivered and our response therein. Please accept our apology for this matter. Thank you for staying with us.
Davis, California
Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you are looking to relax and getaway from everything or on a business trip or just looking to unwind with a someone special this is your place. I've stayed here at least six times over the last 3 months and I must say I've had a great stay every time. I usually get the rooms on the back side facing the freeway with a fireplace, bring your own Dura flame fire logs. The place is so relaxing and serene and you will not hear the noise from the freeway at all. They are alot of great shops surrounding it to grab a bite to eat and also a Starbucks too if you need to get you coffee on in the morning. The price was great and the staff was very polite and helpful.... Don't miss out on this hotel if you are in the area. Also It has Stainless steel appliances and full size refrigerator with ice maker, a stove top and microwave, utensils and pot and pans. If they would have had a spa bath tub I would have been in heaven but I was still very close to being there and it totally help me refresh my body and mind, I loved the peace and tranquility.

Room Tip: I can't rate the Room service and spa because I never tried either. Please don't pass up th...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Supernick22
Kelly V, General Manager at Courtyard Sacramento Airport Natomas, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. I believe your reference to the fireplace and full size refridgerator, indicates you likely stayed at the Sacramento Natomas Residence Inn. I will pass along your comments to the Residence Inn team on your behalf. Thank you once again.
Fort Calhoun, Nebraska
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I've stayed at this property several times pre and post renovation. The reno was done a couple of years ago and overall think they did a good job on the renovation which brings this property up to par for newer Courtyards. I had a stay that included a Friday night and had room deal that included receiving a gift card. On check in the resonably courteous clerk made no mention of the card and claimed to have never heard of it. So I pulled out my laptop and showed him the rate code and he grabbed his rate book and it did not exist. To his credit, he did not stop there, but checked an on line resource, found the rate code and got it all fixed. I give the guy credit for going the extra distance to fix it right on the spot.

The property was in very good condition, the room was all in working order and comfortable and perhaps I lucked out on room location but I did not suffer from freeway noise. I am definitely not a fan of the bistro concept which to me translates to "no free breakfast for you buddy!" Although many Courtyards do not offer free breakfast anyway and the bistro concept is just an attempt at a more upscale look.

Overall a decent hotel, but I generally end up at the nearby HGI based on either price or availability. Since my business takes me north of town I like the Natomas area, and it is closer to the airport. Although there are no restaurants within walking distance, there are local places within a couple miles if you don't to go downtown.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank dave c
Kelly V, General Manager at Courtyard Sacramento Airport Natomas, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write us. We value your comments, your experience is shared with all at our hotel. The recent renovation has been well recieved and the bistro provides freshly prepared options, including Starbuck's coffees. We are pleased our arrival staff was able to address the rate program question to your satisfaction. Thank you for staying with us.