“Can't Recommend”

Courtyard Sacramento Airport Natomas
Ranked #24 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed at the Courtyard Sacramento Airport Natomas for 1 night in April 2013, after cancelling my second night (and then cancelling an upcoming reservation in June). Unfortunately there were more negatives than positives for this hotel. Although helpful, all of the staff I encountered seemed bored, unfriendly, and did not go out of their way to help guests. When checking in, I specifically asked for a quiet room. The desk clerk proceeded to give me the noisiest room in the hotel, facing the pool area and the chairs/tables in the courtyard. She had told me it would be quiet, but by 7:30 pm there were a dozen children screaming and jumping in the pool and a huge crowd of people sitting outside in the chairs drinking alcohol, laughing, and being rather loud. It was a Friday night and I figured they would be out there all night, so I went back to the front desk and changed rooms to a quiet room on the fourth floor facing the back. This room was quiet, but it was kind of dirty--a rubber hair band on the floor and a hair on the bathroom floor. I opened the sliding door for a few minutes and immediately 6 huge mosquitos flew in, which I had to spend 15 minutes trying to take care of so I wouldn't be bit all night. The hotel is located in a business park, which is surrounded by trees and very pretty and serene, but with all of the rowdy and loud guests, it was not really a place for rest or relaxation. I would recommend trying one of the other hotels in the area because the staff here aren't too interested in customer service and have no idea what it means to give someone a "quiet" room. It's really a shame, I could see this being a great place and as nice as the other Courtyard Marriots in which I have stayed.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, ask to face the back of the hotel, not the courtyard with drunk, rowdy guests and...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Kelly V, General Manager at Courtyard Sacramento Airport Natomas, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write us about your recent experience. We share guest comments with our staff to review quality of services delivered and our response therein. Please accept our apology for this matter. Thank you for staying with us.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Sacramento Airport Natomas

Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you are looking to relax and getaway from everything or on a business trip or just looking to unwind with a someone special this is your place. I've stayed here at least six times over the last 3 months and I must say I've had a great stay every time. I usually get the rooms on the back side facing the freeway with a fireplace, bring your own Dura flame fire logs. The place is so relaxing and serene and you will not hear the noise from the freeway at all. They are alot of great shops surrounding it to grab a bite to eat and also a Starbucks too if you need to get you coffee on in the morning. The price was great and the staff was very polite and helpful.... Don't miss out on this hotel if you are in the area. Also It has Stainless steel appliances and full size refrigerator with ice maker, a stove top and microwave, utensils and pot and pans. If they would have had a spa bath tub I would have been in heaven but I was still very close to being there and it totally help me refresh my body and mind, I loved the peace and tranquility.

Room Tip: I can't rate the Room service and spa because I never tried either. Please don't pass up th...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Supernick22
Kelly V, General Manager at Courtyard Sacramento Airport Natomas, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. I believe your reference to the fireplace and full size refridgerator, indicates you likely stayed at the Sacramento Natomas Residence Inn. I will pass along your comments to the Residence Inn team on your behalf. Thank you once again.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I've stayed at this property several times pre and post renovation. The reno was done a couple of years ago and overall think they did a good job on the renovation which brings this property up to par for newer Courtyards. I had a stay that included a Friday night and had room deal that included receiving a gift card. On check in the resonably courteous clerk made no mention of the card and claimed to have never heard of it. So I pulled out my laptop and showed him the rate code and he grabbed his rate book and it did not exist. To his credit, he did not stop there, but checked an on line resource, found the rate code and got it all fixed. I give the guy credit for going the extra distance to fix it right on the spot.

The property was in very good condition, the room was all in working order and comfortable and perhaps I lucked out on room location but I did not suffer from freeway noise. I am definitely not a fan of the bistro concept which to me translates to "no free breakfast for you buddy!" Although many Courtyards do not offer free breakfast anyway and the bistro concept is just an attempt at a more upscale look.

Overall a decent hotel, but I generally end up at the nearby HGI based on either price or availability. Since my business takes me north of town I like the Natomas area, and it is closer to the airport. Although there are no restaurants within walking distance, there are local places within a couple miles if you don't to go downtown.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank dave c
Kelly V, General Manager at Courtyard Sacramento Airport Natomas, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write us. We value your comments, your experience is shared with all at our hotel. The recent renovation has been well recieved and the bistro provides freshly prepared options, including Starbuck's coffees. We are pleased our arrival staff was able to address the rate program question to your satisfaction. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I have stayed here twice and have not been disappointed. Clean rooms and lobby, friendly staff, and some decent food choices. A bistro type food area is available in the lobby area--and was pleasantly surprised when I went to the hotel snack area and found not only the typical cookies, ice cream, chips but they had fresh fruit containers!

I felt safe on the property and grounds and enjoyed sitting in the lobby with a glass of wine in the evening.

Rate seemed a bit high--right across from the company I work for but no rate available for them unless i booked way, way in advance. Seems petty but, if I can't get a lower rate next time I probably won't get to stay again :(

Oh, forgot they have a couple of computers in the lobby area with printers for boarding passes, etc.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Kelly V, General Manager at Courtyard Sacramento Airport Natomas, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

We appreciate your taking the time to write to us about your experience. All comments are shared with our staff and is a normal part of our daily stand up meetings. Hotel rates will vary and are subject to change based on demand patterns. We sincerely hope a rate is available that meets your needs should future travel plans bring you our way again. Thanks again for staying with us.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Staff from the hotel picked me up at the airport, but failed to open the van door for me or offer to take luggage or welcome me. The same person then checked me into the hotel. She insisted that I present my Marriott credit card that I had on file to pay for the room reservation. I have never experienced this in over eight years with Marriott stays before. I did not have my Marriott Visa card and was forced to use another credit card. There was no welcome or hospitality shown by her or her young assistant. The lobby was empty, except for an extensively-stocked "store" where one could purchase items. No breakfast was available.

The room was clean and the hotel was quiet. It seemed that there were few if any guests other than myself. The negative experience with the staff made my stay unpleasant, reminding me of a Motel 6 or similar experience. The look and feel of the hotel was not on par with other Courtyard properties I have stayed at.

Room Tip: My tip would be to stay at another hotel that offered gracious service and welcomed its guests.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

We regret the experience as described did not meet your expectations. All comments are reviewed with our staff to increase our understanding of service skills and delivery therein. Credit card security protocol requires that the card used as a method of payment be presented at time of check-in. Breakfast is available 6-10am daily via the bistro and offers a wide selection of meal options along with Starbuck's brand coffee. Thank you for the taking the time to write us.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I stay at this place a lot when traveling to Sacramento because I love the layout and the energy in the place. It's always clean, the beds are comfortable, a full breakfast served in the dining area in the morning; a place to sit near the fireplace in the lobby, a computer for your use, service is great, the rooms are spotless and you'll get a great nights sleep. I also like it because I can pay to park my car and take the van to the airport and get picked up when I return. It's so convenient, one of the best hotels for having everything you need!

Room Tip: Every room I've had has been great!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Kelly V, General Manager at Courtyard Sacramento Airport Natomas, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to let us know of your recent experience. We share guest experience information with our staff daily and appreciate your comments. We look forward to being of service should you travel our way again.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay here. The hotel is located not far from the airport. It was very convenient to stop here just off of I80 and I5. The hotel is located inside a business park and away from the highway. From our room we could not hear any road noise. This was a big plus. The rooms are very modern and well maintained. We enjoyed a very nice breakfast at the bistro in the lobby. The breakfast price was very reasonable. I wish we could have stayed here longer but we will stay here again when we return to this area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Kelly V, General Manager at Courtyard Sacramento Airport Natomas, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Many thanks for your time to let us know of your positive experience at our hotel. We share all comments with our staff. We are pleased our services met your expectations and hope to see you next time your travels bring you to Sacramento. Thanks again!