“Best Western PLUS Sutter House”

Best Western Plus Sutter House
Ranked #3 of 83 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Hotel is nice and clean. Staff is polite and helpful. Rooms are clean, well stocked and roomy. Beds are comfortable. I would stay here again. The restaurant Blue Print is wonderful place to eat and they server a nice drink as well. The hotel is easy to get to and there are many place around. Please eat at Jim Denny's next door - it has been featured on DDD > with Guy. It will not disappoint.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This hotel was surprisingly luxurious and clean when compared to other options in the same price range. I stayed at the Best Western for two nights while on a business trip. The room was decorated well, was relatively clean, and I could see that there was quite a bit of attention to detail in preparing the room for guests.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Why would Best Western Plus Sutter House need 5 words in the name is still a puzzle for me. The room was nice, a pleasant surprise was the fridge-and-microwave combo – it was not listed in the room description on the BW website. We got a room with 2 beds, and each bed had 4 pillows, a body pillow, and a round red pillow to put the feet up. The ground floor has garage and lobby with computers, first floor – rooms and breakfast room, 2nd floor – rooms and a conference room.

The pool is a regular one, plenty of loungers, a few tables with umbrellas, “help yourself” shelves with towels. You need to have a key card to open the pool gate, that worked half of the time.

There are 3 restaurants close to the hotel: Blue Prynt next door (good, a bit noisy), Jim Dandy's (burgers, we skipped this one) and Bangkok on 12th that we really liked.

Coming to the hotel we took bus # 30 that dropped us off 2 blocks away from hotel. Going home we decided to walk along the nice and shady residential H street. If I knew we’d have to pass the jail I wouldn’t walk, but we felt safe.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Pleasurable and relaxing stay. Close to downtown events and business. Free parking!!!! Helpful and courteous staff. Discounts available for those on a budget. Nice complimentary breakfast. Nice pool and other conveniences.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Good for our 1 night stay. Easy parking, our room was on first floor, as was the pool.
Comfy bed, fridge, bath with shower over.
Breakfast (included) was fine, with cereals, waffles, toast etc. with disposable plates and cutlery which is handy if you want to take in back to the room.
Old Sacremento is a 20-30 minutes stroll and is a nice historic place to spent a couple of hours near the waterfront and old train track. The main shopping mall was is the process of closing down so the city seems quiet.

Convenient place to stay

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We took our kids to stay in Sacramento for a night on our way up north. The girls enjoyed their time in the hotel and I felt like the room was clean enough to let my 8 month old crawl around. My older daughter told me, "Mom, this is so much fun!" I am sure she would have liked any hotel, but I was pleased with our room, street view, and location in downtown Sacramento.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 6, 2014

My stay was pleasant and convenient to the Sacramento Convention Center only 3 easy walking blocks. Love the free internet in room and breakfast before I start my busy day, the hotel staff are courteous to allow my luggage be dropped off prior to me checking in.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business