“Cleaning Gloves Left on TV Stand - Pigsty” 1 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Sutter House

BEST WESTERN PLUS Sutter House
Ranked #4 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
Tampa, Florida
“Cleaning Gloves Left on TV Stand - Pigsty”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

What a disgusting hotel. I arrived back in my room to find the latex cleaning gloves on the TV stand next to my personal belongings, so quick question, how many of you have ever put something on that stand? Next, they didn't make the bed properly, pillows were thrown on floor next to chair. Third, when I called Manager to complain was told no manager on duty, asked to be called next day, no call. Contacted Corporate where I learned Best Western is a Non-Profit Membership Corporation and can make NO SUGGESTIONS to running of hotel, basically worthless, oh, they tried to bribe me with $50 to ease my disgust...no thanks. My advice, don't stay here until new management and staff are in place, Finally, these geniuses just installed 12 inch tiles in hallways, this way you can hear every guests wheeled suitcase going down the hall, thump thump, thump thump as it goes over the grout, genius!!!!

Room Tip: Try a different hotel, those tiles are EVERYWHERE!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
doris1974, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Sutter House, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We apologize for not exceeding your expectations as it is our goal that every guest stay is an enjoyable one. We truly take pride in being an "Ultra Clean Hotel" and you can imagine my dismay when I learned that one of our staff mistakenly left her cleaning gloves behind and that the bed was not made correctly. We have used your comments as a training tool for all of the housekeepers here so that mistakes like this do not happen again. Your guest room was one of the few that open to our pool and courtyard. All of our other rooms are in interior carpeted corridors and we would have been happy to mve you to a different room had we known you were unhappy with noise. I am sorry that I was not available that night to speak with you, however, I did leave a message on your phone the next morning in hopes that we could find a way to make your next day's stay with us better than your first. Once again, thank you for your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

Very accommodating, friendly staff and very helpful in providing info about the area (food places etc) Rooms were clean. Breakfast was good. In a great location easy walk into the downtown and capital. We will stay there again!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank iluvcello
doris1974, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Sutter House, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you so much for thaking the time to write a review on our hotel. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back!

Doris
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This hotel is in a good location in downtown Sac. It is near the capitol and old town Sac.
The hotel has one old rickety elevator. The pool is on the second floor. They have a parking area but if you have to leave for the eve make sure you are back early or some one picks you up.
There is a restaurant next door but we didn't eat there.
The room was clean. They were doing maintenance on the pool area. I wished I was told before booking it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank James M
doris1974, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Sutter House, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
I am really sorry for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. Unfortuantely there is never a good time to do maintenance on our pool, however, we thought it would be better to do it during the winter hours when the pool is to cold to enjoy. We asked that they only work between the hours of 10am-4pm, because this is the time when the majority of our guests are out and about the city. I hope that the next time you are in Sacramento that you will give us another chance, we truly appriciate your business.

Doris Gray
Fresno, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Front Desk Attendant Vickie always remembers me and is such a pleasure to do business with. I like the location it is so close to the capitol. I can walk everywhere and appriciate the parking garage for it's convience.

The rooms are very clean and the linens are a nice quality.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Calipatria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Traveling around the holidays is never "fun", but my trip was made much easier and enjoyable by the convenient location and great staff. A 5 minute walk to the capitol, great food right across the parking lot, and a quiet, comfortable room sure made my week go by smoothly. The front desk staff was very helpful, and the breakfast was a big time saver. I'll definitely stay with them when I'm in Sacramento...

Room Tip: West end was quiet, rail runs on the east.....
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business