“Not my best experience”

Best Western Sandman Motel
Ranked #27 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 6, 2013

There was no coffee or tea in my room. I paid using and $50.00 Best Western Travel Card was was still charged the full amount of my stay. Then was told by my bank it may be several days before I will see the money credited to my account!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Dean I, General Manager at Best Western Sandman Motel, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Thank you for taking time to send us your feedback. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you during your recent stay in our hotel. Thank you for mentioning about the coffee or tea in the room, as we will do our best to have additional supplies on hand. We look forward to your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Sandman Motel

Reviewed December 5, 2013

What has happened to customer service? I felt like I was imposing on them. The room we finally ended up was Good. There was plenty of room and the noise level from the motel was average. However, the freeway noise was quite annoying but expected due to the proximity to the freeway. A Mexican restaurant next door just opened and was quite good.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We appreciate your feedback as it will us to improve our services. We are pleased to know that you find our hotel room within your expectation. We apologize for the inconvenience brought by the noise, we will be do our best to address this concern. We look forward to your next visit.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 1, 2013

The Sandman is in a very convenient location and has easy access to the riverwalk. The rooms were clean and of decent size, the bathroom was clean, the beds were comfortable, and the motel allows dogs. We spent two nights there while exploring the Sacramento area. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

We are very pleased to hear that you had a pleasant experience following your most recent visit with us.It is the goal of our hotel to provide our guest's excellent service. We are happy that you find our rooms to be clean and comfortable. We will do our best to maintain the quality of our facilities and services. We hope you will choose our Hotel again.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

this may NOT be fair as a review because I stay in hotels more than half of the year as I travel. I've earned the platinum level and they always "thank" me for the brand loyalty. At first I would stay anywhere until I realized that ALL my points in one place is better than scattering them around. The rooms are as nice as any I've paid more for but the special treatment and personal attention makes you feel at home, like they know you and really care. A nice room is a nice room but when it becomes PERSONAL makes you want to stay there..

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lafayette M

It is our goal to provide the best lodging experience to our valued guests. Thank you for your continued patronage and for being loyal to our hotel. We are pleased to know that we still keep up to your expectation and is still satisfied to our services every time you visit our hotel. Please advise us of your trip and we will be more than happy to ensure you receive the highest level of service.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Room was ok but breakfast left little to be desired. No counter space to butter items or trays. Limited choices and not enough seating. Very easy access on and off of Freeway. No restaurants close by that we could walk to.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Debra K

Thank you for sharing the details about your recent visit. Our goal is to provide clean and comfortable accommodation to our guests. We thank you for mentioning the breakfast choices as well as the counter spaces and seating capacity. We will do our best to address these concerns to all of your expectation. Again, thank you and we look forward on your next visit.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We stayed 3 miles farther away from downtown than the other BW and saved $40/night which almost paid for dinner. The complementary breakfast didn't have a breakfast meat, which the higher priced one did, but no sausage is worth $40/night.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Your review is important to us as it helps us to identify problems and take corrective measures. We will be looking into our complimentary breakfast and see what we can do about it. We value your opinion and business. Thank you.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Call to see if there was room and as always, there is. Checked in late evening and Zack found and processed my check in. Breakfast was in a room and found it and all the items for to start a day were there. Check out was just as fast as check in. A place I'll stop in stay when I'm in Sacramento on business again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

It is so nice to hear such a wonderful review about our Hotel. We appreciate that you find our hotel efficient. Our goal is to provide excellent service to our guests. We are happy to hear that you will be staying in our hotel on your next visit. We are looking forward to see you again.