“Utterly fabulous -- Highly recommended”

Arden Acres Cottages
London, United Kingdom
“Utterly fabulous -- Highly recommended”
Reviewed February 9, 2011

On a business trip from London I stayed at Arden Acres for 3 months. I have to say the mini cottages are so adorable, and the staff so eager to help. The cottages are extremely modern and very clean; the house keeping staff are just fantastic.
The location was perfect with only being 10-15 minutes from downtown and seconds from highway 80 and the Arden Mall.
If I ever come back to Sacramento I will definitely stay here again and I will be recommending it to all my friends and family.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank mark_1973_london

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Tucson
Reviewed November 26, 2010

I stayed here with my wife and 2 small kids for a month while I was doing an internship at UC Davis medical center in Sacramento. Best things about this place is it is very clean, It looks JUST like the pictures they have posted on their website. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly and they were very accommodating to our small family. Our microwave broke and they got us a new one in about 20 minutes. The location is about a 5-10 min drive to UC Davis medical center and the light rail is a two minute walk out your front door. It is a gated community and we felt very safe staying there. This place is perfect for any sort of long term or short term stay in Sacramento. Its a nice, affordable place and I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank cooptown
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed August 4, 2010

This place is all everyone says. It gave us the room we needed (one bedroom plus living room and kitchen, even a small porch), had personality and charm, was right off the freeway but behind a locked gate on a less-travelled road, but best of all was Bernice, the manager, who went out of her way to be helpful.

Whether you're just staying overnight or for an extended stay, this is the place to stay in Sacramento.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank LittleHink
Beaufort, South Carolina
Reviewed March 27, 2010

Arden Acres is a delight. I was speaking at a conference at the Hyatt Regency, which is lovely, but I didn't want to pay the price, so I booked at Arden Acres. Well, I wouldn't stay anywhere else on my next trip to Sacramento. The whole place is charming, spotless, quiet, private. The light rail is a block away and is a short ride to downtown.

The absolute best part of Arden Acres is the owners and managers, Bernice and Jackie. I felt adopted. Bernice happened to be leaving the property one morning as I headed for the train and she offered me a ride to the Hyatt. She also offered to drive me and my luggage on my last morning in town. Turned out a tailor had screwed up the sleeve on my suit, so Bernice stopped at her dry cleaners and had them fix it. Arriving at the dry cleaners with her was like accompanying the queen. They loved her, too, and didn't charge for fixing my sleeve. Where else in the world can you get this kind of love and service? If I wanted to live in Sacramento, I'd move right in.

Next time, I'd rent a car, but, otherwise, my stay was ideal. And, hey, even if I rented a car, I'd cadge a ride from Bernice once in a while just because she is so much fun.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank sistahsays
Oregon
Reviewed February 9, 2010

Traveled from Oregon to Sacramento on family business and read great reviews of this place. They were right. Quaint little separate cottages - really manufactured homes shaped liked cottages. We stayed in the one bedroom which had nice queen-sized bed - very comfortable though we brought our own pillows. Kitchen had full-sized frig, stove top, big fancy microwave and nicely supplied with cookware, etc. Both bedroom and living room had TV with A-1 Reception. Free W-Fi. Plenty of closet space with ironing board, etc. Extremely quiet, gated residence accessible only by electronic combination. Great location near Arden Way and only about half a block from commuter train. We stayed five nights and the price was only 73 per night extended stay price - a super deal! Jackie & Bernice were super! They do allow pets but be prepared to pony up 300 or so for damage deposit for pets; however we already had a refund notice when we returned home. Will definitely return!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mmbengs
Alan Chiang
Reviewed February 6, 2010

We were here on our honeymoon from Singapore and stayed at Arden Acres for 1 month. It was a great great experience, our one bedroom cottage was both clean and cozy. We liked it very much.
A strong recommendation! Cheers to the two ladies that ran the place well.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank alan19711975
Loreto
Reviewed January 14, 2010

We were long time Sacramneto residents, now retired in Mexico. Had some business to tend to in Sacramento without a departing date. Accidentally stumbled on this site and what a lucky stumble it was. Cottages, we have a single bedroom, are immaculate, just like the website pictures show. Can't stress enough how much better this is then a motel/hotel room. Parking right in front of your door, safe, gated community and to top it all off, decent, comfortable furniture, 32 inch LCD TV in living room, PLUS a 19 inch in bedroom with good queen size bed. Well equipped kitchen. And the staff go out off their way to accommodate you. IOW, a gem of a find. BTW, we're still here and enjoying ourselves. Never felt that way staying in ANY motel/hotel, and we 've stayed in many.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business