“Unique Little Cottages”

Arden Acres Cottages
Reviewed September 26, 2009

I stayed there for five weeks. These cottages were up to date, very clean and the staff was terrific. Having gates just added to the feeling of well being and parking in front of your place was such a plus. You get the feeling that it is like a home away from home.
I will definately be back.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Arden Acres Cottages

Reviewed August 21, 2009

Our stay at Arden Acres got cancelled due to family illness, but after reading certain negative comments about the place I thought I would just say although we didn't actually get to stay there, that our reservation was handled professionally and promptly and were very friendly and welcoming on the phone. They were very up front about their location, regulations and policies and while I found it odd that ask for prepayment, there was no problem getting our money back. Hopefully the folk who had the problems got everything sorted out in the end - there are many positive reviews out there too, so I guess it is personal choice at the end of the day. The cottages certainly looked charming and clean.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2009

We stayed in one of the cottages and we were extremely disappointed having read all of the reviews on Trip Adviser. The cottage we had was not a cottage at all but a trailer in a trailer park ! The trailer was poorly furnished, uncomfortable and looked nothing like the photos on the website - don't be fooled by them. There was nothing about the trailers which was remotely attractive.
The location was poor - we were behind an RV sales site which was flood lit all night , consequently our trailer was illuminated too. The site was close to the main train lines for Sacramento so we were kept awake all night by the sound of trains. The surrounding area was quite rough with tramps searching bins, etc and there were no restaurants etc to walk to - we were trapped between the RVs and the trains! This was a gated community and I can now see why it was gated, without it I would not have felt safe. I am surprised that Expedia is selling rooms here as it is not in any way a holiday location or even a ;location for business travellers.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
9  Thank CheshireElaine
Reviewed August 14, 2009

Recently stayed here working 10 hours away from home. Here's what happened:

We rented three cabins for one week- they tried increasing the rate to $500 when we got there to take a look, but talked them back down. They charge different amounts depending on the individual... "different prices for different reasons" they said.

My card was charged for the two cabins I was paying for on that Sunday. That Thursday, I asked if they would honor their "discounted" rate if they were to stay for another week. They said yes and CHARGED MY CARD AGAIN BEFORE THE FIRST WEEK WAS EVEN UP! Without even knowing for sure if we were staying another week or not. So they charged my card for over $1,700 total without authorizing it with me first...not to mention that I was only paying for two of those cabins and the other cabin was in someone else's name and on that person's card NOT MINE!

At the one week point one of our guys chatted with a cabin neighbor about the deal they had worked out with us and told her to talk to the manager to see if they could work something out with her. Well, that's when the drama began- the ladies began calling our guys very derogatory names and told us we had to leave that day.

They almost refused to reimburse us for the unauthorized charges on our account. They just kept saying how much of an inconvenience this was to them that they had to clean the cabins and reimburse the money... if they have a problem cleaning the cabins, they need to consider switching professions...or maybe the swindling is getting them by... I don't know. And what about the inconvenience to us? They took all of our money out of the account, made me overdrawn, and then we had to move to another hotel with NO MONEY because of them overcharging my account!

They supposedly reimbursed me for one charge of $700 plus dollars and another charge or almost $300...giving me receipts. My bank account is showing only one reimbursement charge for the $700, but not the other almost $300 charge, which, by the way has been charged to the other person's debit card already. So, these ladies have charged two people's cards for the same amount for the same cabin! Thievery!

I tried calling them yesterday and the lady said she was at Home Depot (when we called the office number...how does that work? Can you carry a landline with you around town??? Right!) and she'd call me back in 20 minutes. I've has tried calling several times and cannot get them to answer the telephone at all now!

They owe me almost $300 that was charged to my card AND charged to another employee's card as well for his cabin.

I was reading some reviews online (wish I would've done it before hand) and another poster had stated that these women abuse credit card charges...beware... it's not the first time they've done this to someone and I'm sure it's not the last. Nonetheless, it is an unnceccesary stress and unneeded drama... Something needs to be done about unscrupulous business persons with no regard for the working class people who need every penny they have. Apparantly they are the only ones deserving of the money...

We will be filing fraudulant charges against them next week if they still refuse to answer the telephone or reimburse us for the money.

The cabins are nice, the location is so-so, but PLEASE do your homework people! Read the reviews before you stay somewhere to avoid any hassles like this one!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
10  Thank nancyspringer85
Reviewed May 22, 2009

I had a nice stay at the Arden Acres. All the rooms are very clean and newly remodeled. Nice Samsung flat screen televisions and Wii games are a major plus.
Very comfortable and unique alternative to the normal hotel stay experience. Arden Acres is located conveniently to Downtown Sacramento and also Freeway access to 80 and 50.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 12, 2009

My friends and I stayed at Arden Acres for the weekend while hosting our girlfriend's bachelorette party. These cottages are so amazing and beautiful. We found our rooms to be exceptionally clean and comfortable. I even had a flat screen TV! Can you imagine? Lol! The service was fast and courteous, and they even provided a shuttle to downtown! I felt that the best part was that I got to park my car right in front of my place, which was great and made it really easy to get my suitcase inside. I loved how modern my room was decorated, and the fact that I also had a fridge and a kitchen! I could definetly imagine staying here for a business trip or something. This place has all the accommodations you could need. Even better than Extended Stay!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank SavvyTravler_27
Reviewed April 2, 2009

As a traveling nurse, I have stayed at many places around the United States. Arden Acres was the first place I felt comfortable writing a review. I must first talk about the wonderful staff: Prior to my arrival, all of my many needs were met. Bernice and Jackie made sure that I had all the connections for my beloved friend, "TIVO". Upon my arrival, I was pleased to see the cutest litle cottages. Imagine my shock when they were even better inside than out. My cottage has been so comfortable. Everything I could possibly need was here, and if it was not here and I asked the staff, they made sure I had it. If you have traveled as much as I have, you know that sometimes you get to a place and feel out of place. You miss your home, family and friends. Well, the ntire staff here will make you feel like part of the family. They know all the tennent's names. If you are looking for a home away from home, Arden Acres is it. I would stay here again and recommend it to any one whether they need a place to stay for one night or months. You culd not ask for better place to stay for your money!!!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business