“Fabulous.” 5 of 5 stars

Arden Acres Cottages
Crucita, Ecuador
“Fabulous.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Stayed 3 weeks. This is a quiet location and secure. Close to freeway access. Will be back again. You can not beat a home away from home when you are staying for even one night. We were able to have family come visit us instead of us having to run around to visit all our family! I highly recommend this for a home feeling atmosphere!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Terresa M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

My husband and I had to leave our home for 2 weeks due to a mold issue and we found Arden Acres. We were pleasantly surprised at the place we were not expecting to see or get what we got staying here considering the area. This is a gem of a place!! And for the price you can't walk away.They are such cute little mini homes they had everything we needed and the ladies Bernice and Jackie ROCK!!! These ladies did it right. They were so accommodating and helpful to us in one of our families most desperate times of need. They had us stay in the cottage that the little boy from the lion king broadway show stayed in because they thought our son would get a kick out of sleeping in the same bed Simba slept in. The places are just so stylish I couldn't believe that you could make something so small look so awesome and functional. It was quiet which was nice and gated in which made us feel good. They also had onsite laundry which was great. If we ever get in a crutch again we will defidently stay there again we highly recommend it. Thank you Ladies for your amazing hospitality!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Katrina S
Northern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

A great deal; I really appreciated the little cottage's decor, which was, at first, a living room/kitchen with counter, seemingly lots of necessities for staying there, though we only were there for one night. I liked the bedroom's warm brown wall at the head of a very nice bed, with photos in the room which picked up the brown and ochre tones, overall a very tastefully decorated room. Only one problem, though, the bedside lights are not very good for reading, so unless you can read well in low light, I would recommend bringing your own fixture if you are in for an extended stay.

The neighborhood was nothing to be savored, but I didn't feel it was unsafe. The little community itself is sweet, with trees and bushes, a kind of miniature village. We arrived at midnight and I had the wrong number of our cottage! I called and an employee, who must have got out of bed, kindly came and showed us the correct cottage, for which we were grateful!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank rosabluecat
Portage, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

Not what I expected, coming from Michigam I have stayed in many cottages so I arrived with a different mind set & based on the photos I assumed these were literally cottages near lake/ocean. The owners are the sweetest most welcoming women, very friendly & inviting. So I will blame myself for not doing more research..see what happens when you assume :) I am not the outdoor type/RV type/mobile home type. I was expecting a cottage not a trailer in a mobile home park on a questionable side of town..close to shell gastation, Rite Aide, Walgreen's, Popeyes & Carl's jr, if you continue down El Camino you will find a Walmart and mini shopping centers. Arden Acres has washer & dryer in a trailer towards the back, also vending machines outside the main office . Your accommodations will be in a mobile home in a gated mobile home park community, not "cottages" like you would expect. I will post pics, not saying anything bad just want the renter to be informed and prepared ..fridge, microwave, stove & furniture in trailer, housekeeping cleans once a week. Perk..Wifi, two televisions (one living room & one in bedroom) Unique experience ~

• Stayed November 2013
3 Thank lmh391
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 2 weeks. The "executive suite" cottage was so much better than a hotel.... And such a value!! We were able to have breakfast before the 25 min drive to Davis, where we spent the days with our new grandchild. In the evening we could sit out on the small front porch or relax in our 1 bedroom " suite" or separate living area. So wish the management could franchise in Davis,CA

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank NancyOD
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

We stayed here for two nights as part of a holiday, but wished we had stayed at a hotel in the centre of Sacramento.

Prior to arriving we were in a remote area without mobile reception or internet access. We tried to call the accommodation from a payphone to tell them that we would be arriving after 5 pm (outside of office hours) but, as we had only been given an international and not a local telephone number, we were unable to do so.

We arrived at around 7 pm to find a gated complex (we later found out why the gates and fences are necessary) and no intercom system. We are from the UK had been unable to get our mobile phones to work whilst we were in the US. Therefore, we took a note of the telephone number on the gate keypad and drove up the road in search of a payphone.

We soon discovered that the area in which the 'cottages' are based is not very nice at all. There were a number of unsavory characters hanging around the streets and the only payphone we managed to find was burnt out. After pleading with the manager of a local fast food restaurant, to let me use their phone, we found that the number on the gate keypad didn't work at all, it had been disconnected!

When we returned to our car we found a drunk hovering next to it and proceeded to make a sharp exit. With no other options we had to honk our horn outside the gate of Arden Acres until a guest in another cottage very kindly gave me the code to get in.

Once inside the 'cottage' we were not very impressed. Our external security light was broken and the floor looked as if it hadn't been cleaned in weeks. The bed was comfy enough and the bathroom facilities were adequate, but it was a glorified caravan not a cottage.

I believe it is also worth mentioning that we booked over 3 months in advance with free cancellation up to 24 hours before and were expecting to pay when we arrived, but they took our money in advance the day after we booked.

I would not stay here again and would not recommend this place to anyone I know.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
9 Thank Claire H
Modesto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I stayed for over 3 months and will return when I work in Sacramento again. I miss my humble abode that I stayed in.
Never locked my doors.
BBQ'D frequently
Could do laundry any time day or night.
I meet some really nice folks that were long term like me and do stay in touch with Jackie on a weekly bases.

Room Tip: Explaine what you want.They will assist you professionaly.