Arden Acres Cottages
$179
$161
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
All reviewshome away from homeliving rooman extended stayhotel roomquiet areagatedinternetchannels
Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

Not what I expected, coming from Michigam I have stayed in many cottages so I arrived with a different mind set & based on the photos I assumed these were literally cottages near lake/ocean. The owners are the sweetest most welcoming women, very friendly & inviting. So I will blame myself for not doing more research..see what happens when you assume :) I am not the outdoor type/RV type/mobile home type. I was expecting a cottage not a trailer in a mobile home park on a questionable side of town..close to shell gastation, Rite Aide, Walgreen's, Popeyes & Carl's jr, if you continue down El Camino you will find a Walmart and mini shopping centers. Arden Acres has washer & dryer in a trailer towards the back, also vending machines outside the main office . Your accommodations will be in a mobile home in a gated mobile home park community, not "cottages" like you would expect. I will post pics, not saying anything bad just want the renter to be informed and prepared ..fridge, microwave, stove & furniture in trailer, housekeeping cleans once a week. Perk..Wifi, two televisions (one living room & one in bedroom) Unique experience ~

• Stayed: November 2013
4  Thank lmh391
Reviewed November 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 2 weeks. The "executive suite" cottage was so much better than a hotel.... And such a value!! We were able to have breakfast before the 25 min drive to Davis, where we spent the days with our new grandchild. In the evening we could sit out on the small front porch or relax in our 1 bedroom " suite" or separate living area. So wish the management could franchise in Davis,CA

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank NancyOD
Reviewed November 8, 2013

We stayed here for two nights as part of a holiday, but wished we had stayed at a hotel in the centre of Sacramento.

Prior to arriving we were in a remote area without mobile reception or internet access. We tried to call the accommodation from a payphone to tell them that we would be arriving after 5 pm (outside of office hours) but, as we had only been given an international and not a local telephone number, we were unable to do so.

We arrived at around 7 pm to find a gated complex (we later found out why the gates and fences are necessary) and no intercom system. We are from the UK had been unable to get our mobile phones to work whilst we were in the US. Therefore, we took a note of the telephone number on the gate keypad and drove up the road in search of a payphone.

We soon discovered that the area in which the 'cottages' are based is not very nice at all. There were a number of unsavory characters hanging around the streets and the only payphone we managed to find was burnt out. After pleading with the manager of a local fast food restaurant, to let me use their phone, we found that the number on the gate keypad didn't work at all, it had been disconnected!

When we returned to our car we found a drunk hovering next to it and proceeded to make a sharp exit. With no other options we had to honk our horn outside the gate of Arden Acres until a guest in another cottage very kindly gave me the code to get in.

Once inside the 'cottage' we were not very impressed. Our external security light was broken and the floor looked as if it hadn't been cleaned in weeks. The bed was comfy enough and the bathroom facilities were adequate, but it was a glorified caravan not a cottage.

I believe it is also worth mentioning that we booked over 3 months in advance with free cancellation up to 24 hours before and were expecting to pay when we arrived, but they took our money in advance the day after we booked.

I would not stay here again and would not recommend this place to anyone I know.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Claire H
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I stayed for over 3 months and will return when I work in Sacramento again. I miss my humble abode that I stayed in.
Never locked my doors.
BBQ'D frequently
Could do laundry any time day or night.
I meet some really nice folks that were long term like me and do stay in touch with Jackie on a weekly bases.

Room Tip: Explaine what you want.They will assist you professionaly.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank becky d
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Excellent stay! My family and I stayed here for about 5 months due to a Job re-location. Jackie is amazing very very nice lady, she was sure to make you feel comfortable and if you needed anything at all she was on top of it! The cottage we stayed in during our stay was excellent it was truly a home a way from home. It had everything nice full kitchen comfortable living area and VERY clean! The entire staff was great! We have stayed at several Hotels through the years do to Business trips and Vacation and Arden Acres is by far one of the Best Places my family and I have stayed at!!!!!! I highly Highly recommend Arden Acres you will be very happy and pleased you did.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business