“Best Stay EVER!!!”

Arden Acres Cottages
“Best Stay EVER!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

Overall: Amazing Place, Amazing Staff & Amazing Internet!! And for the same price as a hotel/motel!!
It's a good location - close to all the major highways, close to a lot of really good (and not to mention reasonably priced) food and restaurants, close to the train station. I could NOT hear the train unless I was outside. The property is gated which makes it even better. Don't let the neighborhood across the street to alter your view...weren't we taught not to judge a book by it's cover?? The cottages are amazing and should be given their hard earned respect!!
Every single cottage is adorable and very well equipped. I felt very much taken care of and at home. The lady in the office is seriously the nicest person I think I've ever met and will go above and beyond to do anything she can to help you out!! The kitchen has all the dishes and cookware you could need. The bed was comfy and didn't have the cheap stuff! Flat screen TV's too!!
I work online, which means I require a very good internet signal. I have NEVER found such a good signal in ANY hotel or anything comparable. Heck, it's better than the internet I've had at home!!!
I couldn't recommend a better place! It's the same price I was paying for a hotel, but it's got all the conveniences of being at home plus the feel. I was so sick of hearing everyone's business outside my hotel door and being stuck in one little room. This is ANYTHING BUT THAT!! It's even better than an apartment!
You REALLY should check this place out!! The only way you're doing better is by renting/mortgaging a house!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank erobertson68

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

The best place ever. Very family friendly. Safe gated community for the kids to play. Long term residents are really friendly and neighborly. Ive stayed here a few times and my kids love it. Other children in community for my kids to play with. WAAAAAAY better than being trapped in a hotel room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Gene B
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

First of all I am currently staying at arden acres and I love it ! The little cottages are super cute and beautifully furnished ! Almost everything is from Ikea and my husband and I loved the furnishings so much we went to ikea and purchased a few of the items for our own home! I will say that it is not the best neighborhood but it is gated and I felt safe there.The managers are friendly and welcoming and have went above and beyond to ensure we have been comfortable. They do seem a little gruff at times (I think they really have to be carefull because so many people have taken advantage of them in the past ) but overall this is a great value. I would recommend !

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Frequenttraveler1711
Fresno, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

Very affordable, very clean and the owners are very personable. My wife had emergency surgery at Kaiser Hospital and my length of stay was extended at least 4 times. Each time, Jackie was more than willing to work with me and find the best possible solution. I highly recommend staying here! -Chick (Fresno)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Chick1313
Monterey, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised at the comfort and amenities in the cottage. The "cottages" are actually mobile homes, but you'd never know it. I stayed for two weeks during a prolonged heat wave but the interior of the cottage stayed cool with the air conditioning. The flat screen TV was nice, although a few more channels, especially one showing the Giant's games would have made this stay perfect. There was a cook top, a counter and kitchen sink, a full sized refrigerator and a microwave in the room.

I advise you to take advantage of the special 50% off special when staying 7 days or longer. I paid $57 a night for a 1 bedroom, with a separate living room and bathroom. The furnishings were also up to date and of good quality.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

I stayed at Arden Acres executive for about 2 weeks. I was pleasantly surprised how it exceeded my expectations. So when returning back from the east coast after a few weeks, I stayed here for another 10 days. It is so quiet and peaceful here and the amenities offered are great for long/short stays. The cottages are well appointed and are very well maintained. The kitchen had all the necessary utensils and dishes. The internet connection was very good. The location of the facility was also a big plus for me as it is across the street from a light rail station. You can get to the downtown in just about 10-15 mins.
The management was kind and accommodating. I had interaction with Bernice (the owner) who is a very warm and hospitable person and knows very well on how to take care of guests. She initially helped me figure out how the rail system works and also drove me into the town so that I could buy some groceries. Jackie is very friendly, welcoming, attentive & always ready to help. She makes sure that your needs are met.
If I visit the area again, I will most certainly stay at Arden Acres
Dr. Rajan Shankaran Sydney Australia

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Rajan S
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

We were looking for a small place that was affordable and would accomadate 2 dogs and 3 adults. They are extremely friendly...but, that couldn't overcome the fact that they put us in a two bedroom single wide trailer that was over 40 years old and was painted DARK BROWN during one of the worst heat waves in Sacramento. The outside temp hit 108F and the inside temp of the trailer hit 115F + !!! The entire trailer park lost power and it took over 24 hours before the place cooled down enough to stay in. There was also a gas leak. Ugh! And that was just the highlights of how terrible this place is.

We moved out and explained to Jackie and Bernice that we just couldn't stay. Our dogs were sick for two weeks. They acted nice about it and said they would refund the entire $1150 for three weeks rent they charged in advance. And then they only refunded $950 because they said the dogs went to the bathroom in the trailer.

Needless to say we will never stay with them again. The cost is as much or more than staying at a really nice hotel and way less to offer.

Room Tip: Don't let them put in a DARK trailer in the summer!!!!