“Amazing!!”

Thai Basil
Ranked #169 of 2,049 Restaurants in Sacramento
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Thai Basil has been Voted Best Thai Food in Sacramento area every yearesince 2001 by Sac. Mag. and SN&R's reader's choice award.Features house made curries, fresh noodles and signature cocktails.Large selections for Vegan and Gluten free optionsAt Thai Basil, we’re committed to bringing you fresh, authentic and great tasting Thai food you can trust. Our menu is made from high quality ingredients from local vendors and home made sauces. Our mission: is to consistently deliver the BEST Thai food with friendly service every day
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We don't get great Thai food at home very often so we love to try new places when we travel. The wife and I ate here twice for dinner this trip and loved it. The place is nice, great patio, wonderful service and the food is amazing. Try the black rice desert and some of their signature cocktails, fantastic!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

A group of 8 of us attended Thai Basil for dinner. The food was average Thai, and with no drinks and no desserts, it cost us about $20 each. I ordered drunken noodles - to be prepared mild - and my friends ordered various curries, all rated as extra-hot. My noodles were hotter than any other dish. No waitress/waiter asked us if our food was OK. And on top of that they added an 18% gratuity. I am not adverse to generous tipping, but the performance did not warrant 18%.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Whenever we have a Thai craving, we hit this restaurant up. The food is great and the location is perfect for us (we live in Midtown). The service could be better on occasion, but overall I have never left less than satisfied with my meal.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

We chanced to eat here when another restaurant was closed, and were we pleasantly surprised. The food is delicious and spicy without being too hot. The peanut sauce is really special! Service was polite and eager to explain the dishes.

Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

Clean, nice environment. When ever I'm visiting a new place I hut down Thai restaurants and order panang curry, so I've got some big expectations. 1-10 with 10 being amazing, it was a 4 on flavor, chicken was a little fatty.