“A wonderful surprise”

Thai Basil
Ranked #152 of 2,057 Restaurants in Sacramento
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Thai Basil has been Voted Best Thai Food in Sacramento area every yearesince 2001 by Sac. Mag. and SN&R's reader's choice award.Features house made curries, fresh noodles and signature cocktails.Large selections for Vegan and Gluten free optionsAt Thai Basil, we’re committed to bringing you fresh, authentic and great tasting Thai food you can trust. Our menu is made from high quality ingredients from local vendors and home made sauces. Our mission: is to consistently deliver the BEST Thai food with friendly service every day
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We chanced to eat here when another restaurant was closed, and were we pleasantly surprised. The food is delicious and spicy without being too hot. The peanut sauce is really special! Service was polite and eager to explain the dishes.

Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

Clean, nice environment. When ever I'm visiting a new place I hut down Thai restaurants and order panang curry, so I've got some big expectations. 1-10 with 10 being amazing, it was a 4 on flavor, chicken was a little fatty.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Been there many times! Food is well prepared and presented. Service is attentive. Curry beef noodle salad and eggplant are my favorites.

Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

The food is amazing. Whatever I order I absolutely love! The place isn't that big and sitting indoors can get a bit noisy (not reccomended for large groups), but outside is great - the heaters outside make it enjoyable year round.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

I have had the pleasure of frequenting this restaurant when I am in Sacramento. It gets great marks and deserves them. Small and unassuming, the smells hit your senses as soon as you walk into the door (maybe even outside the restaurant). The menu has very good variety and it's all so yum, yum, yum. I had the papaya salad this time which was spicey and refreshing. Along with the mussels dish, I felt like I had feasted. My friends who live in Sacramento love the green curry, and I also like the egg plant dish. The people serving are friendly and helpful, and the food comes quickly. Don't miss this place if you like Thai food!