Inn and Spa at Parkside
Hyatt Regency Sacramento(Sacramento)
Delta King(Sacramento)
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
All reviewsb bbreakfast in beddream roomin room jacuzziromantic roomwedding nightbreakfast was deliciouschocolate covered strawberrieslow ceilingsromantic weekendmain buildingpleasure of stayingrelaxing staynext morningacross the streethot tublate check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 19, 2011

We have now stayed in 4 different rooms at the Inn and will be sure to return in the future. The workers have been friendly each time and have quickly show us to our room when we arrived.
Room-
Picking a favorite room would be tough, we have stayed in Destiny, Tranquility, Dream, and Spirit so far. Each room has had its own unique decor and style. If an amazing shower is something that you look for I would suggest a stay in Dream. If you are looking for a unique bed and the experiece that comes with it I would say try Spirit. :)
When we arrived this time the told us of an issue with the TV remote in Spirit so they offered to switch/upgrade us to any other avalable room and actually opened each and allowed us to see them. The remote wasn't a problem and we decided not to switch but getting to see the other rooms was a nice plus for future trips.
Spa-
Each time we stay here my wife receives a facial/massage and has been happy each time.
Food-
When you check in they ask if there are any foods to avoid, I would say that I am picky when it comes to eating but have never mentioned a particular food. Each breakfast has included items I would normally not choose but I have found them to be wonderful each time.

Room Tip: Two houses Main house is a historic house which includes older style bathrooms (Destiny, Tranquility, Spirit) 2nd house is newer style bathroom based on the one room we have stayed in (Spirit)
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank CharlesH77
Reviewed December 13, 2011

I couldn't believe the difference since I stayed here the last time. I don't know if there is new ownership, but things have taken a turn for the worse. Whoever checked us in seemed irritated at our arrival, and I felt like I was bothering her if we asked for something. The carpet in the second building (the more expensive rooms) was stained in the staircase and main floor. The window in our room was broken and just general maintenance was lacking. This is unacceptable. A year ago, I gave a whole hearted endorsement. Now I'd say, save your money and look elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jenjram
Reviewed December 2, 2011

I LOVE this place and stay here every chance I get. I'm a business traveler, and I cannot over-emphasize how incredible it is to come back to the Inn at Parkside after a long day at work and take a long soak in my personal jacuzzi tub. Breakfast in bed can't be beat either, although many of the rooms have desks or tables if you prefer not to eat in bed. Some of the less expensive rooms are on the small side, but still beautifully furnished, and the larger rooms are GORGEOUS. My favorite is Happiness, which is a bit quirky. It's located on the top floor of the original building - basically the attic - and has steeply sloped ceilings. The jacuzzi sits under a beautiful stained glass window, and the room has skylights and two fireplaces as well as a two-headed shower. The beds are out-of-this-world plush, as is the big fuzzy bathrobe. And did I mention the private mini-kitchen in the Happiness room? I wish I lived there. Some folks have commented on the neighborhood. I did live in the neighborhood when I lived in Sacramento - 2 blocks away, in fact, on U St. between 4th and 5th. It's fully of families and nice people, even if the houses aren't as upscale as some places in Sacto. I would feel perfectly safe walking in this neighborhood. If you get a chance to stay here, do! You won't regret it.

Room Tip: The original building has more personality. The newer rooms are more modern and immaculate.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 25, 2011

My husband and I had heard of the Inn (I got to see it several years ago on a home tour) and thought it seemed like a good place to spend our wedding night. We bought a Living Social special for $169, plus $100 off the $299 "couples spa package." We stayed in the room called Refresh. The room itself was nicely decorated, though we were surprised to find the shower and sink in the corner of the room. It was also way too warm. We slept with the windows open all night (in November) and never got cold.

The worst part about the room was that it had ants. I first noticed them in the evening near the sink/shower area. By morning, they were in the bed. When my husband expressed our displeasure at checkout, we were told the manager was out of town and would call us the next day. Two weeks have passed--no call.

The "2-hour" spa package is not two hours. We had an okay massage for less than an hour, then a salt scrub for about 15 minutes. Then they walked us back to our own room to sit in the Jacuzzi tub--how does that translate to a two-hour treatment when you end up in the room you've already paid for after and hour and 10 minutes?? (The ants loved the leftover chocolate from the strawberries.) So, at the regular price of $300, you've just paid $150 apiece (plus tip) for an okay massage. Plus, the salt from the scrub gets all over the floor, so you get to scrunch around on that the rest of the night and if you don't keep it off of your feet, it gets in the bed.

The next morning, breakfast was delivered on time, but there was no place to put the trays except on the bed. The balcony was out as it was November and had rained the day before. so my husband brought the little patio table into the room. There is a small kitchen outside the room with a coffeemaker, etc., except that there was no coffee in the cannister. We then decided to make tea except that there were only three coffee cups and all of them were dirty.

There also was not enough hot water--and I don't think the inn was full.

We received three different itemized statements--one by email before we went, one when we checked in, and another at checkout. Not one of them correctly stated how much we were being charged for the room and services. Fortunately, it appears they ultimately charged us the correct amount.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Carla B
Reviewed November 22, 2011

My husband and I have been coming to this B&B for years. We were really fond of Diane, the previous owner, sadly she lost the property in foreclosure and it's now owned by a corporation. The rooms are still lovely. The newer side of the B&B is still our favorite by far. The rooms are soooo nicely appointed. Very comfortable very chic. The older side is my least favorite, simply because some of the rooms are small. The last one we stayed in only had a tub, but the room is still nice. The food is still very good. It doesn't quite feel the same without Diane there. Hospitality is still the name of the game with a good B&B, it doesn't quite have that anymore.

Room Tip: the newer side is nicer, the rooms are more modern and roomy. Best room at the B&B is the "Dream" hands down. :) Passion is also nice (both on the new side of the property)
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple