Inn and Spa at Parkside
$89
$169
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
All reviewsb bbreakfast in beddream roomin room jacuzziromantic roomwedding nightbreakfast was deliciouschocolate covered strawberrieslow ceilingsromantic weekendmain buildingpleasure of stayingrelaxing staynext morningacross the streethot tublate check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 11, 2011

My husband and I booked a one night stay and couples massage at Inn and Spa at Parkside with a Groupon. It was just what we needed! We were celebrating our 10th anniversary and April did everything to make us feel special.

The room (Refresh) was well appointed with a large comfy bed, jacuzzi tub and balcony. We thoroughly enjoyed the couples massages (which were 25 minutes late but was not a problem in our book) but mine was a bit light and fluffy. I asked that he "dig in a bit more" but my requests went unnoticed so I gave up and appreciated the moment. The strawberries and sparkling cider afterwards were deliciously lovely and a nice touch. Being able to just walk next door to our room after the massage was nice as well.

We were somewhat familiar with the area and didn't feel endanger walking to our restaurant 10 blocks away nor parking our car out front. The room temperature was good in the inn and we happily relaxed (without our kids!) in the room for the rest of the night. Breakfast was served promptly when we requested it and it was perfect! Scones, Eggs Benedict, a pot of fresh coffee, fresh fruit ...we were in heaven.

Thank you so much for making our anniversary so special (even leaving a personal note on the nightstand) and giving us a much needed break from life's craziness. We didn't want to leave and will absolutely be back!

Room Tip: Ask about bed sizes if that makes a difference.
Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2011

My wife and I stayed in the Kiss room, what a relaxing and romantic room. We had the couples massage( which halfway through was totally at ease). After the massages we were treated with chocolate covered strawberries and sparkling cider.
Then enjoyed added relaxation in the jacuzzi which was in the room.
We would definitely return over and over again, based on the high level of relaxation, customer service(which was above and beyond) and the complimentary breakfast was
amazing!

Room Tip: we were able to enjoy this by using group-on
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank marcandsweetpea
Reviewed March 4, 2011

We stayed at the Inn for one night and enjoyed facials the next day. It was magical! Thank goodness for Jessica! We booked the room very last minute but Jessica made us feel right at home. Our facials the next day were so relaxing and my skin is glowing.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2010

I have never previously written a hotel review but the experience at this inn is so exemplary I am moved to share it. As a frequent business traveller in CA I have stayed at many hotels and B&B's throughout the state. By far, the Inn at Parkside is my favorite. From the warm and friendly staff, to the luxury bedding and bath products, and the unique decor of each room, -the overall ambiance is serene yet luxurious. Even the coffee is great! I have been able to relax like I am right at home but have also been very productive and even pampered. It is so good to find a place that does everything well.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 7, 2010

My husband & I stayed here for 1 night for a quick local getaway. The neighborhood is a little shady and the inn is right across from a children's playground, so on weekends the rooms facing the front (we stayed in Lounge, which has a balcony facing the park) can be a little noisy during the day. The buildings were lovely on the inside, but can be easy to miss from the street. It seems like the neighborhood used to be very nice and has since fallen into some disrepair. I wouldn't be comfortable walking around this area at night, but if you're only coming to stay & relax indoors at the inn, it's fine. We had couples massages, which were in the same building as our room, actually right down the hall, which was really convenient. That being said, the one downside of having the treatment rooms on the second floor between 2 guest rooms and across from the stairs is that you can hear people talking in the hallway or in the guest rooms while you're getting a massage, which is a little distracting. The breakfast was delicious- we had crepes, fruit and yogurt, and it was delivered to our room, so we ate on our balcony (overlooking the street, but still). I think this is a great little getaway, especially if you're local and aren't looking to do a lot of sightseeing while you're here, as there's not much to walk to from the inn. It was perfect for our needs and we'll definitely be back! Also, they have really discounted rates for midweek stays & spa treatments, if you're able to do it then.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple