“lovely b & b”

Amber House Inn of Midtown
Ranked #1 of 13 Sacramento B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 4, 2006

We stayed here for one night in the rather lovely Mozart room. The room was clean and very well kept and the bathroom was wonderful! I think it would be nice to have a larger bed - although logistically this might be difficult!
The breakfast, which was served in the room, was very tasty and we thoroughly enjoyed this.The cookies are a nice touch in the evening but the water on the tea/coffee trays unfortunately wasn't hot enough to make a good cup of tea.
Being next to the front door we could hear others come and go but as none of them were noisy this wasn't a problem.
All the staff we met were very accommodating and worked hard to ensure we had a pleasant stay.
Overall we enjoyed our stay at the Amber House.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
4  Thank katie1999

Reviewed September 21, 2006

I can only reiterate all of the previous reviews on this site. Amber House B & B is everything you would wish for in a romantic getaway.
My husband and I spent two nights in the Mozart room as part of our anniversary trip to Northern California. We are so glad we chose to stay at this unique little inn. Everything from the four poster bed, to the heart shaped jacuzzi, to the enclosed patio area were wonderful and added to the sense of romance.
I would certainly recommend this B & B to those with discerning taste looking for a bit of romance.

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
9  Thank Fabbyholgirl
Reviewed July 30, 2006

If your travels take you to Sacramento, California, I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay at the Amber House B&B as much as I did. This charming inn actually features your choice of two turn of the 20th century craftsman homes - the Poets Residence and the Musicians Residence. I stayed in the Longfellow Room at the Poets Residence during my recent weeklong visit to California's State Capitol. Both inns exude the warmth and period furnishings of a bygone era, with all the modern conveniences of today - wireless internet, spa quality toiletries and large jacuzzi tubs, for example. Kevin, Judith and their wonderful staff are both attentive, yet respectful of guests' privacy. The rooms are clean, quiet, and cozy - in fact, I found my 'fluffy' bed to be the most comfortable one I've ever slept in while on the road. The breakfast servings are yummy and you have the choice of eating in your room, in the main dining room, or on the front porch where you can people watch. The Inns are convenienty located to all that Sacramento has to see and are a short four block walk to great restaurants. They also have guest pass arrangements to the nearby 24 Hour Fitness Center (which I used with easy check-in at the club) and treat their guest to yummy homemade chocolate cookies and beverage each evening. While I was not able to take advantage of the 'spa' special, they can also arrange for an in-room massage. To say that the Amber House makes you feels at home is an understatement! I found them on an internet google search and their accommodations exceeded my expectations in every way. My recent stay was for business but I'm hoping that my next stay there will be a romantic getaway.

Stayed: July 2006
9  Thank witkin
Roseville, CA
Reviewed July 16, 2006

Not to be biased, even though I know the innkeepers (Judith & Kevin), but this was an exceptionally great stay.

Me and my wife celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary here. We stayed in the Mozart Room (very very nice...) From the marble floors, the gas fireplace, the personal covered patio out back and let's not forget the jacuzzi tub (definitely a huge winner in my book).

Breakfast was nice (both courses), the champagne, strawberries, cookies, tea (oh my everything...)

We will definitely be coming back again and again

To speak of exceptional service, the attached picture is the innkeeper himself delivering breakfast. Gotta love it.

Cheers.

• Stayed: July 2006
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Roseville, CA
Reviewed July 16, 2006

My husband and I stayed at the Amber House to celebrate our anniversary. It is in a great location, within walking distance to many superb restaurants. The inkeepers, Judith and Kevin were warm and welcoming and I was especially impressed with their attention to detail and service. They asked us what we would like to drink with our cookies (which were waiting in our room along with turn down service). The cookies and iced tea were a great treat at night and we enjoyed them in the beautiful garden. We had a bottle of champagne and chocolate dipped strawberries which were wonderful as well! We stayed in the Mozart room and loved it! The heart-shaped jacuzzi tub was wonderful and the bathroom was beautiful. The feather bed was very comfortable and although it was a warm evening, we still enjoyed the ambiance of the fireplace. Mornings are quite a special treat at the Amber House as well. They call it a two course breakfast, but I think it is three! They start with coffee and tea service and the morning paper early in the morning, waiting outside your door. Our breakfast was fantastic! The poppy dressing on the fruit was delicious and the potatoes and quiche were great. It was nice eating on the patio and reading the paper.

Overall it was a wonderful place to stay and we are hoping to go more frequently and experience some of the other rooms.

• Stayed: July 2006
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 28, 2006

My friend and I have been doing a tour trough California and in Sacramento we landed in the Amber House. What a cosey, personal, delightful little place. The rooms are a dream. So individual and tasteful decorated. Even more outstanding was the personal service of the Inn Keepers Judith and Kevin and their team. Nothing was impossible, even when I called late in the evening for some help with the fire place. The breakfast has been delicious, a wide variety of items and all fresh.
I think it is a relieve to be in such an individual place instead of a standarised factory liek hotel chain room. I definately look foward to come here again and will recommand this to my friends in Europe if they go and travel trough here.

• Stayed: May 2006
9  Thank coletter792
Los Angeles
Reviewed May 26, 2006

Stayed at The Amber House recently on a biz trip. What a delight! As a single working woman in the hotel business, I really loved the cozy, welcoming atmosphere. The proprietors are delightfully warm and capable; breakfasts were terrific; staff very helpful with all my needs both business and personal; the jacuzzi tub was heavenly after a long day of work. I'm already planning a 'girlfriends get-away' at The Amber House for a friend's 40th. As someone in the hospitality industry and 'on the road' 2 wks a month, comfort and service are top prioities - the personized services and coziness of The Amber House just can't be duplicated at 'chain hotels' found in the US.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled on business