All reviewsbed and breakfastthe main housemozart roomjacuzzi tubb bsbreakfast was deliciouschocolate covered strawberriesquiet streetwithin walking distanceacross the streeteach morningnext morningwonderful stayhome away from homeoatmealbusiness tripfireplace
Reviewed October 15, 2008

What a wonderful experience! My husband and I had business in Sacramento and since it was around the time of our anniversary we decided to stay in the Amber House. The room was beautiful and it was only 3 blocks away from my very favorite restaurant, Mulvaney's B&L! I sprung for the romance package and when we got back from dancing the tango at Tango By the River we found faux rose petals strewn extravagantly about the room, 6 beautiful chocolate covered strawberries, and a pretty nice bottle of champagne. Each room has a spa tub for 2 which is so welcome for tango dancers with tired feet (and anyone else, come to think of it!)

The breakfast the next morning was excellent, and it was so nice to get up and find coffee waiting at our doorway.

The Amber House is just about 10 blocks away from the Sacramento Convention Center, and you can bet that the next time I go to a conference there (that's every two years or so) I will opt for the Amber House and enjoy all the amenities the Big Name Hotels will never ever provide.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank Celticats
Reviewed September 20, 2008

We satyed at Amber house for 3 nights and we loved it, we stayed in the Mozart room. Amber house actually is 2 houses on opposite sides of a quiet street. The personal service that you receive from the innkeepers is great and very genuine.
After staying in san francisco Sacramento is nice and flat for walking! We visited the old town which is a must and if you can get there for around Americas labor day then theres extra activities going on and shopkeepers dress in period costume.
We'd definately stay here again.
Ruth and Keith
Yorkshire England

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ruthlf
Reviewed September 13, 2008

If you are uncertain about staying in a bed and breakfast - this property will most definitely change your mind!
I normally stay at the finest four and five star hotel properties around the world and naturally presumed that a small bed and breakfast would not live up to the standard of quality I am used to.
Well, I am glad to say that this B&B proved me wrong! I have rarely experienced such quality, service and attentiveness to even the smallest detail. Once the innkeeper speaks with you for a few minutes upon checking in you will understand exactly what I mean. I don't want to ruin the surprise for you, so say no more.
Enjoy your stay~ (I only wish I had reason to revisit Sacramento again~)

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank msc13
Reviewed September 3, 2008

We stayed at the Amber House for our wedding night. The room, service and atmosphere were amazing. We never wanted to leave!! The B&B is very relaxing, rooms are beautiful and again the service was above and beyond. It was the perfect place to end our amazing night and we already have plans to go back for our first wedding anniversary. My husband asked them to put rose petals on the bed and candles around the tub and it was all done and it made me cry. Thank you to everyone who made our night perfect.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jeremydg420
Reviewed July 22, 2008

Unlike many other small inns, Amber House B & B really understands the needs of the business traveler (e.g, wireless internet in every room, same day laundry service, private bathrooms, free off street parking and many more amenities) while retaining all the charm, serenity and ambience of a vacation refuge. Located in the heart of Sacramento, it offers easy access to the freeway as well as great restaurants and cafes.
As a business traveler who is on the road practically every week, I am always searching for a viable alternative to large, impersonal hotel chains. Amber House Inn is just such a place - I only wish I could duplicate it in every other city I travel to for business as well as pleasure.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank flyinglassie