“A little bit different...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Amber House Bed and Breakfast Inn

Amber House Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #1 of 13 Sacramento B&B and Inns
Tacoma, Washington
“A little bit different...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We are not super experienced in the B & B world, but we have been to plenty over the years. This is the first one wherein we never once met or talked to the actual owner. We interacted with 3 different persons during the course of our 1-night stay, and all of them were very friendly and helpful. But, they were employees, and it showed.

The breakfast was quite good (broiled grapefruit tastes MUCH better than it sounds), in fact, the potatoes were fantastic!

Parking is not obvious, but the helpful staff directed us to the accepted locations. The room was extremely comfortable, but the water temperature and pressure is sensitive to demands from other rooms.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DrCindy87
AmberHouseBB, Owner at Amber House Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
So sorry that I did not intorduce myself at breakfast as the owner, but I was in fact the person who made and served you breakfast! We talked about breakfast - the grapefruit and potatoes - and your long road trip back home. On your next trip passing through Sacramento, we will be sure to identify ourselves as the owners to you and spend more time talking to you about Amber House. Thank you for your feedback and review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stayed here on our wedding night. They were easy to work with, gave us our keys a day ahead of time, were flexible when we wanted to change our breakfast time, the room was beautiful and comfortable. A great experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank amata25
Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Such an amazing stay! My fiance booked a room and surprised me with a stay in the Emily Dickinson room. I was worried (and tired) because we arrived late. But everything was set up for us and walking into the Emily Dickinson room was, and this is the only way I can describe it, invigorating! It was just beautiful! Not only was the room beautiful and comforting, but we also had orange juice and cookies waiting for us upon arrival in the room. The restroom, which included a nice shower and hot tub, had skylights so at night you could see the stars and in the day you had great natural sunlight. The staff was so welcoming and nice. If you can't tell, I thoroughly enjoyed our stay in the Emily Dickinson room. My only regret was that we showed up so late and didn't have a chance to enjoy the whole premises longer. (They did have a nice porch, and I hear nice backyard, that I would have liked to relax in)

Room Tip: I've only stayed in the Emily Dickinson room and it was perfect. But I hear the Mozart room is...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MarGar641
Redding, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My wife and I on a whim decided to travel from Redding to Sacramento to catch an IMAX movie and go to IKEA. We found the Amber House online and scheduled visit in the Lord Byron room. To say we were impressed was an understatement. I had ordered rose pedals (synthetic) and incredible chocolate dipped strawberries as a surprise and my wife just lit up when we walked in the room. The bed was very comfortable as was the in room spa for 2. They offer top of the line skin and hair products in case you didn't bring your own. We were within walking distance (1 mile) from the IMAX. I would highly recommend the Amber House and it will be one of our new "cool places to go in Sacramento."

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bryan M
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This was our first time ever staying at a Bed and breakfast before and me and my partner loved the 5 star accommodation we received from the minuet we arrived till the second we left. The staff is amazing. Having a fireplace was the icing on the cake!! The sweet surprise that we encountered when we where upgraded made the occasion that much sweeter.

• Stayed December 2012
Santa Clarita, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

Have to fly up to sacto for work; for just a couple of days? Ug only good part is staying at the Amber House. CLEAN, georgous rooms, fabulous beds: antique bathtubs and yummy breakfast served in bedroom! Doesnt get much better. Ez walk to capitol and all state offices; several great restaurants within a few blocks for dinner such as Urban Jacks and Waterboy even a small market for stuff you cant carry on plane anymore. Really is the best part of my business trips to Sacto. Did i mention Egyptian cotton sheets and comforters?

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank Linda H
Visalia, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

The wife and I are in business together and came to Sacramento to see our print facility on a Monday. We decided to try the Amber House B&B since it was really close to our facility and other attractions in Sacramento.

I've never stayed at a B&B until this visit and no had expectations of what I'd experience trying out this type of stay. When we arrived, it was like walking into a very large house that was well-groomed and classy. After checking in, we went to locate our Mozart room located in their second house across the street.

As my wife opened the door and stepped into the room, I could tell she loved what she saw. Beautiful antique furniture that complemented the hardwood floors. The fireplace presented a classic look and warmed the room perfectly. As my wife looked towards the side the bed was on, she saw rose pedals draped around the bed with a heart-shaped outline of pedals on the bed. Just when the wife didn't believe it could get any better, we opened the door to the bathroom. Beautifully lined marble floors covered the large area. The heart-shaped jacuzzi was a big plus for our trip. We soaked in it for quite a long time that evening.

The topper was the bucket with Chardonnay wined chilled to perfection, sitting along side of the chocolate-covered strawberries. What made this trip worth its weight in gold was also the bed. The bed was extremely comfortable and we woke extremely refreshed. Then, the Amber House delivered a huge breakfast to our room. They served grape fruit, bacon, and french toast in large proportions.

One of the other benefits to the Amber House was the location. The B&B is located about 1 mile from the Capitol. We went there Sunday night and got to peak in the windows and take pictures of how the architecture looks incredible with all the lighting from inside the building.

In conclusion, make no other reservations in Sacramento unless it involves the Amber House.

Room Tip: MOZART room provided the most comfort features
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business