“A Burger By Any Other Name...”
Review of Squeeze Inn

Squeeze Inn
Ranked #122 of 2,060 Restaurants in Sacramento
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Recommended to me by family in the area & also learned it appeared on "Diners, Dives, & Drive-Ins" so decided to take them up on their suggestion. Small, quaint, location with random surfer art adorning the walls. The burger didn't disappoint as it was very juicy & tasty but of course the cheese skirt is the novelty & main attraction here. However, a burger by any other name is still just a burger so if you have a chance to frequent Squeeze Inn do it, if not you'll still live. Make sure to verify the hours of operation as unfortunately aren't open normal business hours or very long at all...

Reviewed May 20, 2013

The famous squeezecheese was a great burger but for two people $28 is a lil steep for a burger joint.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

The Rolling Stones are the greatest Rock & Roll band...T-O-D-A-Y. Notice how I said the Rolling Stones are not the greatest Rock & Roll band of all time because, well, that would be sacriledge. Its the same with the burger I just had this afternoon at THE SQUEEN INN. It is a GREAT burger!!! It is a SUPERB burger!!! It's just not a BIG ALs Burger (Albany CA as i reviewed) or what I award as 'THE BURGER OF THE GODS'. You know; a 'Burger's Burger'!!!

WHAT I LOVED ABOUT THE SQUEEZE INN'S BURGER:

1. BEST DAMN BUN EVER!!! Oh, Man. This is no two pieces of Rainbow white bread burger that your mother used to serve and say "Its as good as that served at McDonalds"!!! This is THE FINEST BUN I have E-V-E-R eaten, Period!!! That means the Squeeze Inn's Burger is 1/3D 'Burger of the Gods' territory
2. THE TOPPING WAS FRESH, but small-ish. Toppings matter. The onions were fresh but unlike BIG ALs they were served in pieces. The Tomatoes were fresh but again were served in pieces. The Lettace (sic) was fresh and sufficient.
3. I LIKED THE VIBES OF THE PLACE. My waitress was utterly delightful, the place was clean and the ambiance wonderful

WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE:

1. A Burger was meant to 'Pass through the Flames of Mardoc'. It is sacriledge to griddle a steak any more than it is to griddle a piece of hamburger. Griddled meat tastes metalic to me and at $8.00 for 'just the burger alone' (vrs $5.00 ish for Big Als), it is too much abuse for me & my wallet to take.
2. WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH THE CHEESE THINGIE?!!! They should call their cheese burger 'The SATURN Burger' because that is what it looks like when they serve it. A 5" bun underneith a T-E-N inch burnt cheese ring. I swear to God, I am not making this up!!! I initially thought it was a 'CHEESE CRAPE' they slipped in my burger?!!! It's too gimmicy for my taste.

OVERALL IMPRESSION: This is a Burger with the Rings of Saturn cheese thingie under their magnificant bun. Me? Next time I go in, I will order just the bun (tell them Im now a Veggan), drive to Albany and replace BIG Al's bun with the Squeeze Inn's bun---making it a Burger's Burger's Burger!!! Keep the bun, throw out everything else!!!

MY FIX: IF you position yourself as 'A GOURMOND' Burger, be GOURMOND!!! Keep the Bun!!! As for the toppings, slice the tomatoe & Onion sideways (one piece like Big Als). FLAME BROIL the Hamburger (using exotic woods like Apple Wood, OAK, Mesquete, Cherry Wood, etc) and smoke it fine, perhaps hand rubbing the burger with an exotic rub. CHEESE. Pitch the goop of Saturn and try some small, exotic, local cheeses...like Gudda, Brei, Blu Cheese, PepperJack or rare cheddar. Cheese should be warmed but never MELTED. There are all kinds of up & coming small cheese producers who'd love a steady source of income.

I looked at the Fries as they went past me and no, they didn't look freshly cut. There is NO EXCUSE to serve FROZEN, bagged Fries---In & Out burger hand cuts their fries and you can tell the freshness. Me? I'd serve FRESH cut dinner fries pan fried in Olive Oil---yum, yum.

VALUE: This is where the SQUEEZE INN gets low marks. A burger (1/3D lb), coke & fries will go over $10.00 (sans tip) for what? A pedestrian burger?!!! I could go to Pho Bacs (Broadway) and get a complete meal (BBQ Beef over rice plus salad plus fish soup (Nook Ma)) for well under that!!! The Squeeze Inn needs to lower its prices and raise its quality. A $10.00 burger makes the Squeeze Inn compete with Sacramento's best of the best (like Toppa the World's burger with garlic Aolie and wonderous breads & country fries---Toppa would trounce this burger in a heartbeat). A burger made with LOVE is still just a b-u-r-g-e-r, remember that!!!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Were we missing out? No,we weren't. Not a fan of the grill-fried cheese that extends over the patty, but it was a good burger. Don't know if I'd go back, though.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Ate a squeeze cheeeseburger from the Squeeze Inn truck at the WEAVE fundraiser at the Capitol in Sacramento. Always wanted to try one! A special treat! overkill cheese- wouldn't want to eat it often, but a great experience and it hit the spot!