“great place to stay near airport”

Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport
Ranked #54 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
philly
“great place to stay near airport”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Was a great place to stay after a week on the road. Bed was so comfortable. Room was very clean and the decor of the hotel was great. Check in a breeze and close to the airport with a shuttle. Parking was also very easy and there were restaurants nearby if you don't want to eat at the hotel along with a gas station right up the road to help in refueling that rental car. I will definitely stay again and recommend to others. One thing it was missing was a fridge in the room. Pool looked very clean along with the fitness center and they do have a bar/restaurant on premises.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Sacramento, California
Reviewed June 18, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel before our flight early the next day. It was quiet and clean...two things that are very important to us! I love crawling into a bed with clean crisp sheets and these smelled so nice! We got our early morning wake up call and the shuttle was waiting when we got downstairs. Thank you so much for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I travel over 70% of the time, I've been here 3 times this year, I don't typically write reviews but felt I needed to let you folks know that this is by far the friendliest hotel I've stay at In Sacramento. Rooms are extremely clean plus the hotel offers courtesy shuttle to and from the airport.
Restaurant is decent bar selection is excellent!

Room Tip: Outdoor pool and spa were decent. Furniture needs a little work.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is similar to Holiday Inn. It's actually a nice hotel, for the mean part being by the airport! The food is clean, same a rooms and the pool. They also offer a restraunt/bar in the lobby, and room service. This is a nice quick hotel.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank quint879
Kylie O, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear quintinsoloviev,

We are happy to hear that our hotel met your needs and provided a comfortable stay. We hope that you will keep us in mind during your next trip to Sacramento. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Take care.
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Gave a "very good" rating as the hotel delivers as promised: convenient to airport and excellent value. Not ideal if you are there to take in Sacramento, It is some distance from downtown and located in a residential area.
Found the staff to be very welcoming, facilities spotless. Inexpensive and solid dining options nearby (Malabar in particular). Jogging path connected to the hotel which was a nice surprise.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Grass Valley, California
Reviewed May 21, 2014

I was searching for a hotel with a park-and-fly option near the Sacramento Airport when I found this place. They offer parking and an airport shuttle, but there was only a slight cost savings versus the $10/day economy parking at the airport, so we decided just to park at the airport, which allowed us to leave the hotel on our own schedule rather than waiting for the shuttle. We had an early Monday a.m. flight, and we wanted to check in early to get some sleep before our long day of travel. We checked in on a Sunday and early check-in was no problem. The place wasn't very busy. They evidently get a lot of business travellers, and we stayed there during a holiday, when there weren't many folks travelling on business. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable, although they only had a shower in the room - no bathtub. The room decor was odd, kind of an industrial theme, but it worked. There is a small restaurant and bar off the lobby. The bar was well-stocked, and the bartender was efficient and friendly. We had a light dinner at the bar. Dinner was unexceptional; I wouldn't go out of my way to eat here. But it was convenient. The hotel is a short distance from I-5, and it was quiet. There appeared to be other dining options closer to I-5, and there was a Subway restaurant on the opposite corner of the intersection from this hotel. We also noticed a Holiday Inn Express near I-5. That could be another option for folks who want to stay somewhere close to the airport.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RJ748
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is newer, with nice landscaping but the customer service was lacking. Management issues? I am not one to complain, first time actually, but I'd figure I'd provide some info on my experience to fellow travelers to avoid this particular Four Points. Im a platinum Starwood member, I've been to countless hotels across a wide range of brands across the globe. My experience at this Four Points was not great. There were a bunch of "little things" that i noticed that added up to a lot in my opinion. I arrived late after 10pm. Front desk clerk was fairly rude and seemed "asleep at the wheel." Clerk did not offer a greeting, gave me gold member room card, I booked a rate which included breakfast, but had to ask twice to get the coupon.
TV in room didn't work, told upon checkout & they could careless.
Hotel shuttle in the morning was an issue. I arrived early in lobby to check out at 10:50am. Shuttle is suppose to run every 30 mins on the hour. Myself and another hotel guest were politely & patiently waiting for the shuttle. I stepped outside at 5 mins till. No shuttle at 11. Minutes rolled by. The other guest was as frustrated as i was and went to ask about the shuttle. The maintenance man (i believe) hopped in to drive us at 21 mins past. He said absolutely nothing. I also noticed that both shuttle drivers to and from airport used their cellphones while driving. I believe its against the law in CA and if not, bad policy without a doubt. Upon my arrival at the airport I discovered I had left behind a $20 pen & promptly called the hotel. They could care less. Didn't return my call after 1st call to clerk after said shed call back in 10 mins, never did. When I called back an hour later while on the plane fixing to leave, she told me nothing was left in room. The only good thing was that the breakfast was not bad, fairly good actually! But I still can only give the hotel 2 stars because the service was horrible.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
M_Cartin, Starwood hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. First we’d like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback on the check in process and the shuttle service. With being an airport hotel, we absolutely understand that having a prompt shuttle service is extremely important to our guests and we will be discussing this specific situation with our staff. You are correct, our drivers should not be using their cell phones while driving guests to and from the airport and this will be addressed immediately. We also apologize for the missing pen, please contact our GM, Giggy Shahi at giggyshahi@fourpointssacramentoairport.com so we can discuss what we can do about this. Again, thank you for your review.