“A convenient hotel to SMF”

Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport
Ranked #59 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Four Points Sheraton Sacramento is about 4-5 mile east of SMF airport. I have stayed in the hotel 3 times in the past few years because I had early morning flight. The hotel is clear and comfortable. I like the hotel modern décor. The hotel staffs were very friendly. Comparing with my past experience in the hotel, it is much better now. When I stayed there first time, the hotel was just opened. After I checked in, I found my room was not cleaned after the past guest. I though that the staff was lack of experience since the hotel was so new. So many years now, the hotel is still well maintained, and staffs are much better. Please know that they are no visiting attractions in walking distance of the hotel. I always rented a car. Sacramento is not a big city, and all attractions are just 5-10 miles driving from the hotel. The hotel free shuttle goes to SMF every 30 minutes but I did not use it. I did not try the restaurant in the hotel, always ate dinner in down town, and the breakfast was not open before my early morning flight.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Thank you for sharing! We're happy that we welcomed you back to an even better experience this time. We hope to see you again soon on your next trip to Sacramento. Take care!

Reviewed February 14, 2014

I would not recommend staying at this hotel. They double billed my credit card and it has been a nightmare getting it resolved. I had to go through the fraud department with my credit card. The hotel is fine, but the management is poor, so if something goes wrong with your stay, you're in for it.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

We understand your frustration with your bill. Please reach out to me directly if you have further questions and I will work with you to get this resolved immediately. Thank you for staying with us. Giggy, General Manager, giggyshahi@fourpointssacramentoairport.com

Reviewed February 13, 2014

I wouldn’t stay at this hotel again. While the customer service was outstanding, the hotel itself is stark and a little run down.

Aside from the location of the hotel, there isn’t anything else in the area. It’s great the bar is open until 11PM and the restaurant is open until 10PM, but I like walking around and go stir crazy if I stay indoors for too long. On the opposite side of the interstate on Del Paso road, there is a huge selection of restaurants, fast food places, and bars.

The room was large, but there are no outlets by the bed where you can plug in a phone or laptop at night. The bathroom is all white, and there were chipped tiles all over the place and a quaint wooden rack to hold your towels. The faucets in the shower were also corroding.

But the worst thing is how thin the walls are. I could hear my next-door neighbor having a conversation at night.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for leaving us your comments regarding your recent stay. We will share your review with our maintenance team so we can address some of the concerns you referenced about the bathroom. Your feedback is valuable as it helps us to improve our guests’ experience. Thank you.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Four Points during a recent trip to an event at the Sleep Train Arena. The hotel is just across the freeway from the arena which was awesome. Check in was quick and easy. Our room was neat and clean. The bed was very comfortable. Only downside was that you could hear other guests walk up and down the hallway. Overall, great hotel. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed February 7, 2014

This hotel is a gem. Extremely clean and spacious. Staff is very courteous and helpful. Would definitely stay here again. Food is excellent. Restaurant and bar on site with reasonable prices. 24 hour shuttle to airport. Prices for rooms are great..

• Stayed: February 2014

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We are delighted to hear that we met your expectations on all aspects of your stay. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed January 30, 2014

We were scheduled to depart Sacramento the first week of January, but our flight was cancelled, so a last minute decision was made to stay here.
We were warmly greeted, and our room was quite comfortable. The shuttle picked us up and we made our return flight with time to spare.
We plan on staying there on our trips out there at least twice a year.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your last minute stay at Four Points Sacramento International Airport. Thanks for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back this year!

Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

I travel weekly, 4 nights a week 52 weeks a year. I am an ambassador starwood member and at each hotel I stay at I've always felt comfortable and at home. However, Sheila Torres at the Four Points Sheraton Sacramento has raised the bar to customer care at this hotel. She made sure I knew the staff by introducing me to her team, she helped me with all needs as me knowing the local area, restaurants, and amenities I would need outside the hotel. I cannot thank Sheila enough for her care, to make her hotel feel vibrant, happy, enjoyable, pleasant and home away from home. I appreciate your attentive nature, your eye for detail, and your skills to execute the hotels value proposition far beyond the expected.

Sheila's enthusiam, intelligence, professionism, passion for others, and work ethic to be a step above the rest transcends through your entire team. I recommend for any company, business traveler to consider the Four Points by Sheraton as your sacramento home.

Thank you Sheila, Risha, Maria, and Nicole! I am sure I will get to know everyone else by first name soon enough.

Luis Vega

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Luis,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience you had at Four Points Sacramento International Airport, and for recognizing Sheila for her outstanding customer care. We will pass along your kudos! Thank you for your loyalty to Starwood. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to Sacramento.